Andrew Luck

Worst Draft Pick:

Steve Emtman

Worst FA signing:

Laron Landry

Worst Loss:

Vikings 

That's my list

Although that 90yd INT TD his rookie year was nice. Game clincher vs Marino.

• Like 2

Worst Breakup..Peyton Manning..Luck is gone and forgotten. Seems Peyton and the Colts are still festering

Worst Draft Choice..George maybe because of where he was drafted. But there are others. Trev Alberts/Philip Dorsett/Bjorn Werner/Banogu

Worst FA..Funchess

Upper quartile of upper quartiles worst of anything Hall of Shame - Trent Richardson

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Worst Draft Pick - Art Schlichter - Round 1, Pick 4 in 1982...................

Worst FA Signing - Antonio Cromartie - lasted like 3-4 games with us................

Worst Breakup - Andrew Luck quitting on the team at the end of the preseason after Free Agency and the draft had taken place. Best QB in that draft is on our roster now in Gardner Minshew.....lol

Worst Trade - I can think of several........two first rounders for Fredd Young, the Trade up for Jeff George (HoF Chris Hinton, Andre Rison, et al), Trent Richardson, Cornelious Bennett..............but the worst by far was caving to John Elway and trading him away. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Worst FA Signing - Antonio Cromartie - lasted like 3-4 games with us................

It was only a 1yr $3m deal

19 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Worst Trade - I can think of several........two first rounders for Fredd Young, the Trade up for Jeff George (HoF Chris Hinton, Andre Rison, et al), Trent Richardson, Cornelious Bennett..............but the worst by far was caving to John Elway and trading him away

That's a lot of bad trades.

Probably throw Marshall Faulk for a 2nd in there as well. Although we brought in Edge, still gave away Faulk.

I didn't list a trade, but I agree it would be caving to Elway.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

art schlichter

Naw, the Worst Gambler award is too small for him. He deserves a much lower award: Worst Dumba$$. (However, I believe he has been diagnosed with dementia, probably related to football hits so maybe we should cut him a tiny bit of slack.)

Worst breakup:

Andrew Luck - it set us back 5 years.

Worst draft pick:

Trev Alberts - we took him 5th in the 94 draft and he was a huge bust.

Worst F/A signing:

Andre Johnson - he was washed and the contract was awful.

Worst loss:

Losing to the Saints in SB 44. We were clearly the best team that year and could have closed the decade with 2 SB wins. Dumb mistakes beat us. Onside kick, Peyton's pick, missed FG, Garcon dropping a sure TD. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Worst Draft Pick - Art Schlichter - Round 1, Pick 4 in 1982...................

Worst Breakup - Andrew Luck quitting on the team at the end of the preseason after Free Agency and the draft had taken place. Best QB in that draft is on our roster now in Gardner Minshew.....lol

Worst Trade - I can think of several........two first rounders for Fredd Young, the Trade up for Jeff George (HoF Chris Hinton, Andre Rison, et al), Trent Richardson, Cornelious Bennett..............but the worst by far was caving to John Elway and trading him away. 

I agree with all this but I would say the Andre Johnson signing was worse cause we could have gotten the same production out of Reggie Wayne for one more year. 

Worst Breakup: Luck, starting to think Peyton.

Worst FA signing: Andre Johnson, only because he was suppose to come in and be WR1.

Worst Draft Pick: Steve Emtman, could say that was our worse draft. Had #1 and #2 pick, both were busts. 

Worst Trade: Trent Richardson, I really don't think there is a close 2nd. 

25 minutes ago, Matabix said:

Worst FA signing: Andre Johnson, only because he was suppose to come in and be WR1.

Worst Draft Pick: Steve Emtman, could say that was our worse draft. Had #1 and #2 pick, both were busts. 

They traded Chris Hinton, Andre Rison and at least one R1 pick for Jeff George.

That trade is untouchable.

Andre Johnson? 

The worst FA move was Corey Simon. That was Polian’s big FA splurge. They signed him to a 6/$30M ($5M was 6% of the cap at the time). He was supposed to be the missing link. 

He played 2005 season (had 0 sacks). Then got hurt before the 2006 season and was released after it with a settlement. Didn’t even travel with the team to the SB. 

2 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Andre Johnson? 

The worst FA move was Corey Simon. That was Polian’s big FA splurge. They signed him to a 6/$30M ($5M was 6% of the cap at the time). He was supposed to be the missing link. 

He played 2005 season (had 0 sacks). Then got hurt before the 2006 season and was released after it with a settlement. Didn’t even travel with the team to the SB. 

Forgot completely about him

1 hour ago, Matabix said:

Meh, Peyton didn’t throw balls before the game in front of the fans and go thru warm ups, only to retire at half time. 

jim and Peyton may have some minor feud going on but Peyton has come back for various community events and still interacts with fans locally on a routine basis. Still has his house in Indy and his hospital

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Meh, Peyton didn’t throw balls before the game in front of the fans and go thru warm ups, only to retire at half time. 

jim and Peyton may have some minor feud going on but Peyton has come back for various community events and still interacts with fans locally on a routine basis. Still has his house in Indy and his hospital

There seems to be some disconnect that many fans think Peyton has forsaken or distanced himself from the Colts, but that's probably mostly imaginary. That feeling is natural when you see the player associated with different organization after retirement, but I think Peyton has been doing a balancing act. Apart from the connections you pointed out, there were lot of citations during the draft season that Peyton has recommended lot of players to Colts management and Jim has sought out for what Peyton has to say when needed.

I don't get how fans think Irsay and Peyton haven't been in the best of terms. Is there any solid evidence to such claims or is it just fans' imagination?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

They traded Chris Hinton, Andre Rison and at least one R1 pick for Jeff George.

That trade is untouchable.

We had to have a QB, so didn't include that one. Jeff George was the clear cut favorite. 2nd QB taken was Andre Ware. Hope past doesn't come back to haunt us.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I think Rogers is probably done here, he will be lucky to play in the league again.

What he did is arguably worse than Arts gambling but hes not a highly drafted starting QB

If he didn't bet against the Colts , I think he avoids a lifetime ban. The size of the bets will help him but that's just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Second this. Nothing against him for retiring but the timing of it 2 weeks before the season or whatever it set the organization back years.

I could even let the timing go. If it wasn’t for one thing… him going thru warmups and throwing the football like nothing was wrong before the game and telling reporters just days prior he was expecting to be full go week 1. That was pissing in the face of the Colts and every colts fan who saw it. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

I think Rogers is probably done here, he will be lucky to play in the league again.

What he did is arguably worse than Arts gambling but hes not a highly drafted starting QB

You don't even know what he bet on

On 6/9/2023 at 9:56 PM, w87r said:

Worst Draft Pick:

Steve Emtman

I don’t see how you can call him the worst pick ever.    He had so much potential and injury cut his career short.   I remember reading that he cut his hair with the horseshoe emblem.  It may be silly but at the time I thought he was passionate and devoted to the team.  
that one play stands out as one of the greatest colts rookie plays of all time.  

I don’t know.  He was a quick favorite of mine. I’m probably biased but worst pick seems a harsh. 

Worst Breakup:

Manning  - I think there is still resentment from it 

Worst Draft Pick:

Alberts - idk.  This category is about potential at the time so it’s a tough one for me.  I don’t like that he says he himself was a terrible pick 

Worst FA signing:

T rich - I had so many high expectations. 

Worst Loss:

Steelers - any playoff game.   

17 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I don’t see how you can call him the worst pick ever.    He had so much potential and injury cut his career short.   I remember reading that he cut his hair with the horseshoe emblem.  It may be silly but at the time I thought he was passionate and devoted to the team.  
that one play stands out as one of the greatest colts rookie plays of all time.  

I don’t know.  He was a quick favorite of mine. I’m probably biased but worst pick seems a harsh. 

He was the number 1 pick and had 8 sacks for his career, only 5 for the Colts, and that great play.

Injuries happen, but still need to be taken into consideration.

Hard to put a QB as the worst, because teams miss on them all the time, and you have to take the gamble.

Might be a little harsh, but it is for anyone that is listed. Draft spot vs production is main driving force for me.

13 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Worst FA signing:

T rich - I had so many high expectations

We traded for him, can definitely fit under that category though.

I had high expectations as well, I was pumped up when we first made the tradem

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

He was the number 1 pick and had 8 sacks for his career, only 5 for the Colts, and that great play.

Injuries happen, but still need to be taken into consideration.

Hard to put a QB as the worst, because teams miss on them all the time, and you have to take the gamble.

Might be a little harsh, but it is for anyone that is listed. Draft spot vs production is main driving force for me.

We traded for him, can definitely fit under that category though.

I had high expectations as well, I was pumped up when we first made the tradem

That’s fair if that is how you’re judging draft picks.  I just remember Emtman clearly playing his heart out. It was all injury.  Of course this was during steroid years so the injury could be related to that.   I’d put Werner far above Emtman in this category.  

I was stoked for t rich too.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

That’s fair if that is how you’re judging draft picks.  I just remember Emtman clearly playing his heart out. It was all injury.  Of course this was during steroid years so the injury could be related to that.   I’d put Werner far above Emtman in this category.  

I was stoked for t rich too.   

Injury matters, I don't question his heart though.

Werner was definitely a bad one, but mid 20's isn't as bad as number 1. Still had 6.5 sacks in his 3yrs with Colts.

I think to qualify for this Hall of Shame category, draft spot is the biggest qualifier, followed by production. Has to of been a first round pick, the higher the more production needed.

Quinn Pitcock sticks out in non 1st rounders. Video game addition...smh.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Injury matters, I don't question his heart though.

Werner was definitely a bad one, but mid 20's isn't as bad as number 1. Still had 6.5 sacks in his 3yrs with Colts.

I think to qualify for this Hall of Shame category, draft spot is the biggest qualifier, followed by production. Has to of been a first round pick, the higher the more production needed.

Quinn Pitcock sticks out in non 1st rounders. Video game addition...smh.

Pitcock was diagnosed with ADHD and depression.   Used video games as a coping mechanism.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

You don't even know what he bet on

100s of bets including on the colts and games he probably played in.  Art did a lot of gambling but it wasnt all nfl and he was never caught putting money on the colts

To me that what rogers did is worse

22 hours ago, Matabix said:

We had to have a QB, so didn't include that one. Jeff George was the clear cut favorite. 2nd QB taken was Andre Ware. Hope past doesn't come back to haunt us.

Setting aside QB moves, TRich is probably the one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

100s of bets including on the colts and games he probably played in.  Art did a lot of gambling but it wasnt all nfl and he was never caught putting money on the colts

To me that what rogers did is worse

Where are you seeing he bet on colts games?