Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OTA news / mandatory mini camp news

Stephen

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

That's a little concerning that Pittman's injury goes back to last season.

It is, if true.

Unless he is just "silently holding out" for an extension.

He wasn't on week 17 or 18 injury reports?

Seems suspicious.

Loving the stories about how neither QB did very well, even working with the First Team.

First Team?

No Pittman.  No Taylor.  No Downs.

The backups were the First Team.  Which means that neither of them have worked with the First Team yet.

Of course they're not doing that well.

31 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Loving the stories about how neither QB did very well, even working with the First Team.

First Team?

The backups were the First Team.  Which means that neither of them have worked with the First Team yet.

One guy is a career backup and the other is an inexperienced 21 year old who wasn't particularly good at the college level last season. It would help to have the top receivers playing but the likelihood is that the Colts aren't very good at QB right now and probably won't be next season. Right now, you could put Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne out there and our QBs still would be below average. But give Richardson a season or two to develop and who knows?

Something I have noticed is how much farther along young and stroud are then Richardson when I see comments on twitter. Which is expected. Plus our WR are not the best right now do to injuries. 

3 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

That's a little concerning that Pittman's injury goes back to last season.

Wonder if he had hip surgery.

3 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

First Team?

Only Pittman wouldn't be there though, QBs need to do well with Pierce, Dulin, and co.. anyway, stories like that are better than simply hyping up players without actual substance. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Something I have noticed is how much farther along young and stroud are then Richardson when I see comments on twitter. Which is expected. Plus our WR are not the best right now do to injuries. 

Wonder if he had hip surgery.

I don't think people have seen the full gambit of Richardson practices like they have with Stroud and Young. I agree about the missing personnel. Plus these open media practices there's been a very small sample size of throws.

I see Levi's threw 3 picks today and Malik Willis outplayed him bad.

Was listening to George Bremers  podcast. They were talking about if anyone stood out in what they saw at OTA. They said the one player who stood out the most was Granson. He said he has looked really good after the catch. Everyone thought with colts drafting Mallory he might have a hard time making the team. But Mallory has been injured and grandson seems to be looking good. Going to bet Ogletree starts the year on pup so they don’t lose him and Mallory may not end up making the team.  We will see if Cox makes the team.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Was listening to George Bremers  podcast. They were talking about if anyone stood out in what they saw at OTA. They said the one player who stood out the most was Granson. He said he has looked really good after the catch. Everyone thought with colts drafting Mallory he might have a hard time making the team. But Mallory has been injured and grandson seems to be looking good. Going to bet Ogletree starts the year on pup so they don’t lose him and Mallory may not end up making the team.  We will see if Cox makes the team.

Cox and that contract needs to be traded. 

I havent read this thread so maybe this has been posted already but Kevin Bowen said on his podcast that the last two practices was the worst passing offense he has ever seen in his 12 years covering the team. In a setting where QB' normally pass for 70-80 percent completion, Minshew and AR went a combined 5 of 20.

4 hours ago, Boss7894 said:

For what it’s worth… 

To me, he was easily the best passer in the draft, so I'm not surprised by the last part. There were pre-draft questions about some intangibles, so the first part should be considered good news for the Texans. Then again, it's the offseason and nothing should be taken too seriously. 

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

I havent read this thread so maybe this has been posted already but Kevin Bowen said on his podcast that the last two practices was the worst passing offense he has ever seen in his 12 years covering the team. In a setting where QB' normally pass for 70-80 percent completion, Minshew and AR went a combined 5 of 20.

Bowen was also raving about how precise and sharp Matt Ryan and the offense looked at camp last year.

10 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Bowen was also raving about how precise and sharp Matt Ryan and the offense looked at camp last year.

I never listened to Kevin Bowens stuff last year so I wouldnt know.  From what I did hear before the season last year was the offense was terrible in practice and everyone was like no worries no worries its just practice. Then we all seen how that turned out lol. Its gonna a rough season. I think anyone expecting AR to come in and light it up is going to be sorely dissapointed. Just need to see him getting better is the goal.

10 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

To be fair to Kevin, everyone was raving about how precise Ryan was last summer.  All media plus every member of the Colts franchise that would get in front of a microphone or a camera. 

Remember, the week of the Colts season opener in Houston,  Jim Irsay was talking about a new contract extension for Ryan that might go 3-4 years.   So for a short while, everyone was all in on Matt Ryan.   Boy did that change quickly. 

13 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

oh no

23 hours ago, Boss7894 said:

For what it’s worth… 

He's going to show that in his case that S2 score meant absolutely zero. Which I've said would be the case anyway. He was definitely my first choice. Very happy with AR though!

18 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

1 session of several we did not see. I think most of Strouds stuff had been open to the media. Not the case with AR. I'm sure there's work to be done but we knew it. I'm glad at least Steichen has been very satisfied with AR progress 

19 hours ago, Superman said:

To me, he was easily the best passer in the draft, so I'm not surprised by the last part. There were pre-draft questions about some intangibles, so the first part should be considered good news for the Texans. Then again, it's the offseason and nothing should be taken too seriously. 

I don't think we will see Stroud's "problems" in training camp. I think we will see them on game day, when the plays break down and he gets pressured - assuming there are problems.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

To be fair to Kevin, everyone was raving about how precise Ryan was last summer.  All media plus every member of the Colts franchise that would get in front of a microphone or a camera. 

Remember, the week of the Colts season opener in Houston,  Jim Irsay was talking about a new contract extension for Ryan that might go 3-4 years.   So for a short while, everyone was all in on Matt Ryan.   Boy did that change quickly. 

Yeah about 95% of people in here thought Matt Ryan would be good as well. The other 5% in here were just your normal pessimists or a few Trolls. I never seen last season coming and I am pretty good at predicting how good or bad the Colts will be.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah about 95% of people in here thought Matt Ryan would be good as well. The other 5% in here were just your normal pessimists or a few Trolls. I never seen last season coming and I am pretty good at predicting how good or bad the Colts will be.

Thats not true at all. There was a handful of us including me that seen is decline starting in ATL and thought it was a terrible idea. My dad is Falcons fan I watched many games he fell off a cliff. Im not a pessimist or a troll, and I dont think you should be lumping people into those categories just because they don't have the same opinions as you.

11 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Thats not true at all. There was a handful of us including me that seen is decline starting in ATL and thought it was a terrible idea. My dad is Falcons fan I watched many games he fell off a cliff. Im not pessimist or a troll, and I dont think you should be lumping people into those categories just because they have the same opinions as you.

Go back and look at the polls, at least 90%/if not 95% of people in here had us going 10-7 or 11-6 with Ryan. Congrats you thought Matt Ryan might not be good, you are 1 of a few. I don't think you are a Troll so let me make that clear but maybe a pessimist? A pessimist by definition just thinks negatively about most things. Going into the 2020 season did you think Rivers was on the decline? That we would suck? I am sure you did and I didn't. I said we would win 11 games and make the playoffs. If you had your doubts about Ryan, then anyone that thinks like that would with Rivers being older coming off a bad year.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Go back and look at the polls, at least 90%/if not 95% of people in here had us going 10-7 or 11-6 with Ryan. Congrats you thought Matt Ryan might not be good, you are 1 of a few. I don't think you are a Troll so let me make that clear but maybe a pessimist? A pessimist by definition just thinks negatively about most things. Going into the 2020 season did you think Rivers was on the decline? That we would suck? I am sure you did and I didn't. I said we would win 11 games and make the playoffs. If you had your doubts about Ryan, then anyone that thinks like that would with Rivers being older coming off a bad year.

Nothing to be confused about, we had polls on how many games the Colts would win, most had 10 or 11 and most had us winning the division. Vegas had us winning the division. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Im not getting into the whole pessimist optimist thing again, that was a huge debate going on here for awhile and everyone has a different definition of each term.

I consider myself a realist when looking at my sports teams. I look at the facts and form an unbiased opinion as if I was an outsider looking at the team not a homer. So when the team sucks, yah it might look like I have a lot of negative posts. But im stating the truth something big time homers have a hard time with. 

Rivers and Ryan are two different people, two different players. You can't compare them. Go back and watch the Falcons games from the two seasons before he was a Colt. He was falling off a cliff literally. Rivers still had juice, probably could have played another season if he wanted too.

As far as the polls not everyone votes in those. Probably half the people here do. And I strongly recall there being a handful of people that sided with me in it being a bad idea. Of course at the time we were chastised and called downers and negative people etc etc. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nothing to be confused about, we had polls on how many games the Colts would win, most had 10 or 11 and most had us winning the division. Vegas had us winning the division. 

I just think its silly to blanket term the people who didn't think it was a good idea as trolls and pessimists. As there was definitely a handful of people who didnt think it was a good idea no matter what the polls say. And all the people who thought it was a bad idea had a good reason, they probably watched the Falcons games before he was a Colt.

Archived