Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated (2/20/23): Colts hire Jim-Bob Cooter for OC

CR91

• CR91 changed the title to Colts requesting to interview Jim-Bob Cooter for OC
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Jim Bob might be coming home. He was with us from '09-'11, was an offensive assistant with Manning and the Broncos in '13, and was the OC for the Lions I believe from 2016-2018 under Caldwell. 

Yep. He definitely has the IND connections. I guess his one season working with Steichen must have left a strong impression.

33 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Cooter already interviewed with TB and Carolina and was not blocked.

Carolina has not yet signed an OC, it seems they want Johnson from Phila or Cooter, now it looks like Johnson will be promoted and staying with the Eagles. So the Colts probably will be in competition with Carolina

As expected 

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Cooter already interviewed with TB and Carolina and was not blocked.

Carolina has not yet signed an OC, it seems they want Johnson from Phila or Cooter, now it looks like Johnson will be promoted and staying with the Eagles. So the Colts probably will be in competition with Carolina

They are not a division rival though.

I mean really, the big thing that I’m taking away from this is the amount of Colts fans who have no idea who he is when we went through this whole thing over his name just a decade ago. It’s like I’ve woken up in some kind of alternate dimension where he wasn’t an assistant here during a Super Bowl run. 

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

22 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I mean really, the big thing that I’m taking away from this is the amount of Colts fans who have no idea who he is when we went through this whole thing over his name just a decade ago. It’s like I’ve woken up in some kind of alternate dimension where he wasn’t an assistant here during a Super Bowl run. 

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Duke, the name Jim Bob Cooter is worth another go round.

Duke.  The guys name is Jim Bob which interesting in and of itself, then his last name is Cooter to go along with it.

14 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Sure he is, it's not like the guy is running around desperately begging everyone to just "call me James". 

Absolutely.  He could have changed if he wanted.

I have no opinion of the dude other than a guy that chooses to keep the name Jim Bob in this culture is not a guy worried about who he is.  I think it is awesome and I totally exudes self confidence.  

But for a couple minutes I'm just going to revel in how awesome the name Jim Bob Cooter is. 

Does this bother any of you?

Cooter is from Fayetteville.[10] He was arrested for driving under the influence in June 2006, and was suspended from the Volunteers as a result.[5] In 2009, he was charged with aggravated burglary after climbing into a window and getting into a woman's bed.[10] The charges were later dropped.[11]

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Does this bother any of you?

Cooter is from Fayetteville.[10] He was arrested for driving under the influence in June 2006, and was suspended from the Volunteers as a result.[5] In 2009, he was charged with aggravated burglary after climbing into a window and getting into a woman's bed.[10] The charges were later dropped.[11]

Immm….  Yeah.   But we’ll see how this plays out.   This kind of thing is big with Irsay, his daughters, and Ballard.   

There will be plenty of questions.   How Cooter answers them will be interesting.  

37 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Immm….  Yeah.   But we’ll see how this plays out.   This kind of thing is big with Irsay, his daughters, and Ballard.   

There will be plenty of questions.   How Cooter answers them will be interesting.  

The first offense in 2006 was before the Colts hired him the first time. He was working for the Colts the 2nd time, I believe. So I’m not sure it will or he wouldn’t have been offered the interview?

Archived