Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

Todd McShay: Texans will ‘do everything they can’ to trade up with Bears!

Draft analyst Todd McShay believes Houston is prepared to throw their hat into the ring for the top spot in order to land their choice of quarterback — and Indianapolis is a big reason why. “I don’t think they (the Texans) will sit at two,” McShay said on the First Draft podcast with Mel Kiper and Field Yates, per NBC Sports Chicago. “I think they’ll do everything they can, and the Colts are going to be the driving reason.” 

“The Colts are done with veteran quarterbacks who come in and just don’t fit the bill,” McShay said.

In a potential battle between two division rivals, the Bears stand to benefit most. Especially if Chicago finds a way to trade back twice and still land a top prospect.

https://sports.yahoo.com/todd-mcshay-texans-everything-trade-152938165.html

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The traditional draft value chart says that for the Colts to trade up from 4 to 2, it would cost us our 2nd and 5th round picks.  Pick 35 and pick 138. 

Or maybe next year's 2nd rounder and this year's 3rd,,,pick 79.

Errr, except the Texans are at 2. Are you suggesting that Texans will happily switch pick position with us? What am I missing?

2 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Errr, except the Texans are at 2. Are you suggesting that Texans will happily switch pick position with us? What am I missing?

The top of the page suggests that HOU trades up with CHI, so the trade from 4 to 2 would be with CHI.  McShay suggests CHI could trade back twice.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The top of the page suggests that HOU trades up with CHI, so the trade from 4 to 2 would be with CHI.  McShay suggests CHI could trade back twice.

Aaah ok. I think that either we move aggressively to the top pick or stay at 4 and let it play out. The big question is of course whether Texans and Colts want the same guy….

1 hour ago, coltsblue1844 said:

that video is about 6 years old, if you actually click on the twitter link and read...not that i want to draft Bennett...but it's only fair to not form opinion on the guy based on a video that's not even him.

Guy was in a hood.  Fooled me.  lol

9 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Hmm. I could see this. If so great for colts. Houston may not even trade up if this is who they so go after.

Yeah I think Young is the least likely QB Ballard wants. If the Texans trade up for Young I think Ballard will be extremely happy.

10 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Hmm. I could see this. If so great for colts. Houston may not even trade up if this is who they so go after.

If Ballard doesn't want Young that good work well for the Colts.  Some team could jump to the 3rd pick if Arizona wants to made a trade? 

16 hours ago, DougDew said:

Chicago could come out of this REALLY strong

Picks from Houston to move up to 1 from Hou to keep us back

At 2, they will want MORE picks to move up (From the Colts)

There are 2 top QBs and 2 top DL

The Bears could STILL get one of these top two picks (DL)

Sapp said the Bears were thinking of staying put and trading Fields

I would take Fields for our 1st and a player, all day, every day

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

If Ballard doesn't want Young that good work well for the Colts.  Some team could jump to the 3rd pick if Arizona wants to made a trade? 

Yep. This is something Ballard has to take seriously. He needs to figure out if someone is interested in moving up to 3 and possibly intercept the spot if needed by trading up 1 spot. Of course, it'll depend on which QB goes before us and if Ballard has multiple guys we like.

28 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I seriously doubt that’s the case. I’d wager the bears put that rumor out there to boost the price of trading up. They aren’t going to give up on fields already.

58 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

They could trade Fields.   Each of the top 3 QBs are probably better passers than Fields.

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

No to fields 

54 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I hope that HOU hires Ryans and selects Young.

I keep hearing that Young is their first choice which is fine

I truly wonder how aggressive other teams will be for a trade up to number 1, and if it will be us that does it

My first choice is to get Stroud and then Young as picks

But...... what if.......  The Bears take young or Stroud and HOU selects the other one

I am back and forth on QB3......  somedays yes, and somedays no

If THATS the case I would Rather use pick 4 to trade with Bears for Fields

It will be an interesting few months

2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I keep hearing that Young is their first choice which is fine

I truly wonder how aggressive other teams will be for a trade up to number 1, and if it will be us that does it

Which could be a smoke screen.  If other teams think HOU will pick Young at 2, then its less likely the Colts or someone else will trade up to 1 to pick Stroud, who may actually be HOU's favorite.

Saying they like Young could lower the price of HOU trading to 1.

Just to throw a wrinkle into this…..

Ive read a couple of rumors that the Cards are once again disenchanted with Kyler Murray and might be open to moving on (trade I’d presume) and taking a new QB with the 3rd pick. Which would make things very interesting for the Colts if they plan to stay put. 

42 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Which could be a smoke screen.  If other teams think HOU will pick Young at 2, then its less likely the Colts or someone else will trade up to 1 to pick Stroud, who may actually be HOU's favorite.

I get that... its the LYING season

We need a QB - DESPERATELY

Desperate people USUALLY make POOR decisions 

(I think thats us)

55 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yep. It’s lying season. 

42 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Just to throw a wrinkle into this…..

Ive read a couple of rumors that the Cards are once again disenchanted with Kyler Murray and might be open to moving on (trade I’d presume) and taking a new QB with the 3rd pick. Which would make things very interesting for the Colts if they plan to stay put. 

They probably are. I just don't see anyone taking on his contract. For better or worse i think the Cards are stuck with him.

2 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

They probably are. I just don't see anyone taking on his contract. For better or worse i think the Cards are stuck with him.

They could draft a QB then when murray is healthy trade him. I think they might go the eagles route though and draft one in second or third as insurance rather then with their third pick. 

17 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Agree. Fields is also the same age as Levis at 23. Stroud and Young are 21.

And......  I only want Fields ......if Stroud and Young are both off the table

However........I would MUCH rather give up the 4th pick for Fields than give up

2 firsts and 2 seconds and maybe a player to get Stroud

Side by side I would take Stroud over Fields.......  but it wont play like that

It will be funny to see all the stories that come out over the next 3-4 months

"We are trading Mahomes for a PB sandwich"   

Let the LYING begin  :)

My prediction. When the NFL sees Bryce up close there is no way he goes number one and the team that does is foolish. People have Carolina trading up to #1. I dont see it. Have you seen the Qbs that Frank has worked with and their measurements? Frank is a big man himself and he knows the punishment of playing Qb in the NFL. I truly he would look at Bryce and laugh. Just my feeling. I have made the comparison of Bryce reminding me of Mahommes. The off script plays and his scrambling ability. The only problem is that he does not have the arm and/or size. Do you really think he is going to make those plays in the NFL throwing across his body in the NFL? He doesn't have the arm strength and he will be running for his life unless you build Hadrian's wall around him.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

My prediction. When the NFL sees Bryce up close there is no way he goes number one and the team that does is foolish. People have Carolina trading up to #1. I dont see it. Have you seen the Qbs that Frank has worked with and their measurements? Frank is a big man himself and he knows the punishment of playing Qb in the NFL. I truly he would look at Bryce and laugh. Just my feeling. I have made the comparison of Bryce reminding me of Mahommes. The off script plays and his scrambling ability. The only problem is that he does not have the arm and/or size. Do you really think he is going to make those plays in the NFL throwing across his body in the NFL? He doesn't have the arm strength and he will be running for his life unless you build Hadrian's wall around him.

I actually think you could be right here.  A team will  take a chance on him in the first but I doubt anyone is giving up future picks. I have thought stroud is the  one teams may  trade up for. 

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I actually think you could be right here.  A team will  take a chance on him in the first but I doubt anyone is giving up future picks. I have thought stroud is the  one teams may  trade up for. 

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think the one teams would go for would be Levi. He is the most intriguing and gives the hope that he maybe the next Josh Allan and/or Mahommes with his physical makeup. Stroud...meh. He is an Ohio State product and his measurables are not that outstanding. He is a qb who plays in a one read system. 

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I think the one teams would go for would be Levi. He is the most intriguing and gives the hope that he maybe the next Josh Allan and/or Mahommes with his physical makeup. Stroud...meh. He is an Ohio State product and his measurables are not that outstanding. He is a qb who plays in a one read system. 

Stroud is going to test better as a athlete then people think. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If Panthers traded up it would be for Stroud or Levis

Archived