Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

5 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the colts move back and get more picks. How crazy will fans get if the colts decide not to take Young, Stroud or Levis? Maybe take Hooker in the 3rd round?

If they trade back and hope not too far take AR15

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If he is indeed a top 15 pick may not be wise to trade back at all if that is who is left. Falcons, Seahawks, panthers. All can use a QB.

Not sure about the Seahawks and falcons. Seahawks may go with smith and worry about drafting a qb later. The falcons used a 3rd round pick on Ridder….I bet they go with him.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Not sure about the Seahawks and falcons. Seahawks may go with smith and worry about drafting a qb later. The falcons used a 3rd round pick on Ridder….I bet they go with him.

I think Falcons push hard for Lamar in trade possible 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

It's why you don't trade back too far

Seahawks are at 5. Raiders at 7. There is no where to move back.

7 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Richardson is the perfect QB to take and develop with smith signed for a couple of years. 

IMO Poles will be willing to trade with Carolina or any other team if it means more draft capital. The team has many holes and wants to build around Fields. And taking Anderson or Carter will only resolve one position. They are a few years away from even being competitive. Poles wants to make sure he has the right QB first by surrounding talent around him, then can worry about defense.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bearzzz said:

IMO Poles will be willing to trade with Carolina or any other team if it means more draft capital. The team has many holes and wants to build around Fields. And taking Anderson or Carter will only resolve one position. They are a few years away from even being competitive. Poles wants to make sure he has the right QB first by surrounding talent around him, then can worry about defense.

Here’s a question for you… 

A story surfaced this weekend….  Chicago would like to trade Fields for picks….  Stay at number one, and draft Young as their new QB.   

Any thoughts on this?    Are you hearing or reading about this anywhere?  

29 minutes ago, Bearzzz said:

What’s more important a couple extra picks  or carter or Anderson . With carter and Anderson they have a player that can help them now.  There is no guarantee what a further draft looks like.  I doubt Carolina will offer them that many more picks. They could get Oline at 9 I guess but  is  there a tackle that will go that high.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What’s more important a couple extra picks  or carter or Anderson . With carter and Anderson they have a player that can help them now.  There is no guarantee what a further draft looks like.  I doubt Carolina will offer them that many more picks. They could get Oline at 9 I guess but  is  there a tackle that will go that high.

They will have to offer quite a lot to move to 1

My guess is this and this is the bare minimum 

2023 1st 

2023 2nd (both)

2023 3rd

2024 1st

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

A story surfaced this weekend….  Chicago would like to trade Fields for picks….  Stay at number one, and draft Young as their new QB.   

Yes, I have read that story.  Although you never know, majority do not believe they will trade Fields. The guy has shown he can take over games in the NFL, which we don't know about any of this year's prospects are capable of doing. He needs a lot of work on his short passing game and anticipation. Bears fans including me would be outraged if they traded him for a chance at another lottery ticket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think free agency will clarify the direction Poles is going. I expect them to make a run at some of the bigger names like Daron Payne to address the defensive line. They can use help anywhere on Oline. The interior has been a problem which meant immediate pressure on Fields. They at least need a new center and left guard.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I know the question is directed to another, but I fully believe that Fields will be a star in this league.......   

4th pick? I would trade this for Fields

As we sit today, there are at least 8 teams that STRONGLY desire a QB 

ANY of these teams could package a stupid amount of picks to get QB1 and QB2

The AZ pick or Chicago pick could be traded

I truly doubt that it happens, but if its offered, I would trade the pick for Fields

• Like 4