Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

16 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Not a bad idea but  none of our tes can block.  U go with  two tight ends and that is basically telegraphic plays. 

Assume we resign most of our starters which will put us in a cap restriction but have always like Dalton Schultz (Cowboys) known for his run-blocking.  Two draft players that were known in college for their run-blocking abilities were Darnell Washington which might be a reach for us in Round 2 but later rounds also fond of Brevyn Spann-Ford.  Am excited to see what Ogletree provides for us.  He has having great OTAs before his season ending injury.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Are You Insane GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Screenshot_20230127-120258_Samsung Internet.jpg

I have ZERO problem with trading up for your guy, even if the QB we pick isn't my first choice... but that haul is absolute clown shoes.  I'm a big Ballard guy and even I'd fire him immediately after that trade is announced haha.  At that point you stick to your "this is what I'm willing to pay" and either try again with AZ or stand pat.  Even if QBs go 1-2-3, you take Anderson or trade back for your own haul and try again later.

On 1/8/2023 at 6:37 PM, Nesjan3 said:

Barring any other teams trading with the Cards or Bears we should get thr 2nd QB available.

For what's its worth . Warren Sapp has heard that the Beara are trying to package Feilds so they can take  Bryce. Mo thanks. We already have a running back

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If that is true it's over. The Colts cannot compete with the Texans in terms of  capital. Also if the  Colts are wanting to trade up to number one this more than ever makes me  doubt Ballard's ability to be a competent  GM. There is no qb in this draft worthy of selling the farm. Scary.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We would have to give up less if we were just trading to 2.

I just want us to trade with the Falcons if we’re going to trade. The Bears are going to milk this for everything they can and it’s just not worth it with this years crop. 

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If that is true it's over. The Colts cannot compete with the Texans in terms of  capital. Also if the  Colts are wanting to trade up to number one this more than ever makes me  doubt Ballard's ability to be a competent  GM. There is no qb in this draft worthy of selling the farm. Scary.

Nah. Texans will only do that if they believe colts want the same QB. Intel is going to be huge for both teams. Same goes for colts and intel.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Will Texans feel colds are going to steal their QB. They have a ton of picks to move up if they want.

Yep.  We may end up having to trade up to two to get second banana....if we trade at all.  I'm sure HOU wants Stroud...he's the #1 QB, IMO.

Just now, DougDew said:

Yep.  We may end up having to trade up to two to get second banana....if we trade at all.  I'm sure HOU wants Stroud...he's the #1 QB, IMO.

There has been lots of rumors they like young and Levis. But they don’t have a coach yet so so much can change. Combine can change too. At two we will have to give up less so I would be fine with that.

I saw a interview with Reich yesterday and the first words out of his mouth for QB was toughness. For some reason I think panthers are going to target Levis.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The falcons? 

Actually, I'd take Ridder in a trade with the Falcons.  I watched nearly every ATL game and I have no idea why people think ATL is in the market for a new rookie QB.  Ridder was a rookie and played barely half a season after being a third round pick.  Its going to take a little time for him.   Nothing about his rookie year suggests that his trajectory is nothing but UP, IMO..

They need DL badly.  I'd say there is a greater chance of them wanting to trade up to 4 to get Anderson or Carter than to get the third QB.   They wouldn't trade Ridder then of course.

There has been lots of rumors they like young and Levis. But they don’t have a coach yet so so much can change. Combine can change too. At two we will have to give up less so I would be fine with that.

I saw a interview with Reich yesterday and the first words out of his mouth for QB was toughness. For some reason I think panthers are going to target Levis.

There is no way Reich is taking Young.

I suspect Houston trades up to #1.   Then Chicago trades down a second time, thus time with the Colts who trade up to #2.  

Hopefully everybody gets what and who they want.  

Chicago gets draft capital from two trades plus the player they want.  Houston gets the QB they want and so do the Colts. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I suspect Houston trades up to #1.   Then Chicago trades down a second time, thus time with the Colts who trade up to #2.  

Chicago gets draft capital from two trades plus the player they want.  Houston gets the QB they want and so do the Colts. 

They could end up with the same number of picks doing  this then a trade with say Carolina at 9. Then plus get a elite dline prospect. It’s a win win.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Reich also has Matt Coral in Carolina. He was a third round pick. I know a lot of people were very high on him.

He's pretty tough minded.   Not sure that his body has the ability to cash the checks his mind writes though.

50 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Reich also has Matt Coral in Carolina. He was a third round pick. I know a lot of people were very high on him.

Reich is really going to like Coral.  I would bet we had him rated pretty highly last year.  I can see them bringing in a veteran instead of drafting another quarterback.  

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

I just want us to trade with the Falcons if we’re going to trade. The Bears are going to milk this for everything they can and it’s just not worth it with this years crop. 

I agree trade down with a team that should be bad in 2023 so that you can have an extra high 2024 1st. And even with the 8th overall pick you can still land a top player or deal down again. 

34 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I agree trade down with a team that should be bad in 2023 so that you can have an extra high 2024 1st. And even with the 8th overall pick you can still land a top player or deal down again. 

I actually ment we should trade with the Cardinals. That way we’re certain we’ll get one of the top 3 QBs without having to sell the farm. 

I’m not opposed to trading down though if the Texans get the number one pick from the bears and take the guy we wanted (if we’re locked on to one specific guy). 

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We would have to give up less if we were just trading to 2.

This is what I have thought all along was most likely.  Bears moving back to number two still means they get their choice of the defensive players they want and gets some more picks to boot.  Also means the Colts would be assured of getting one of the top three QBs at number four regardless of what the cardinals do at number three.  This would be good news for the Colts.  Still get one of the top three QBs and you don’t have to give anything up.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

This is what I have thought all along was most likely.  Bears moving back to number two still means they get their choice of the defensive players they want and gets some more picks to boot.  Also means the Colts would be assured of getting one of the top three QBs at number four regardless of what the cardinals do at number three.  This would be good news for the Colts.  Still get one of the top three QBs and you don’t have to give anything up.

He also expects bears to move a second  time to 4 with colts.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It makes more sense to trade down to 3 . Give up way less and can get one of the top 3 guys .   I rather not give up a 2024 first rounder . 

He also expects bears to move a second  time to 4 with colts.

Don’t see Ballard doing that unless he falls in love with someone the Texans aren’t taking and fears a team coming in at 3 to get him.  Otherwise Ballard will just stay patient at number four if the Texans and Bears trade.  

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Don’t see Ballard doing that unless he falls in love with someone the Texans aren’t taking and fears a team coming in at 3 to get him.  Otherwise Ballard will just stay patient at number four if the Texans and Bears trade.  

Of course. Without knowing Ballards thinking we just don’t know. Will he love one enough to move up to 1 or 2.  May have to trade to 3 we will see. But we just won’t have the info to know.  I am ok with all 3.  Ballard and I’ll be one to know whether he thinks one has separated themselves. Texans may not even feel the need to get to one.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Nah. Texans will only do that if they believe colts want the same QB. Intel is going to be huge for both teams. Same goes for colts and intel.

The Texans aren't just competing with the Colts.  They have to be concerned that other teams want their guy too.  The Texans will almost certainly make an offer to move up to make sure they get their QB1.  It's not realistic to think they wouldn't explore that option and just be fine with losing whoever it is they prefer.  Really the only question is, how much will they be willing to give up to prevent the possibility of losing him?  I would think giving up their 2nd rounder wouldn't be that big of a price.  #2 overall to #1 overall isn't what matters.  What matter is whether they 100% get the guy they want as the face of their franchise for the next decade.

Archived