Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Did I read correctly that Levis won't be doing Senior Bowl 

I'm not surprised.  I'm disappointed, yes.  But not surprised.

I can imagine his agent telling him, "Look, you're going to be a top 6 pick, no matter what.  No amount of playing in a bowl game or the senior bowl is going to improve that.  Your strong suit is your physical traits and your arm strength.  And you'll be putting those on display at the Combine."

9 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I'm not surprised.  I'm disappointed, yes.  But not surprised.

I can imagine his agent telling him, "Look, you're going to be a top 6 pick, no matter what.  No amount of playing in a bowl game or the senior bowl is going to improve that.  Your strong suit is your physical traits and your arm strength.  And you'll be putting those on display at the Combine."

I know I wouldn’t play if I was him.

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I expect Stroud to be around 5ft10 205 by the time the combine arrives. 

He will be about 210 around the draft and will be perfectly fine

People act like putting 20 pounds is easy and not affect his game. Young  is not fast as he is more  Jerry  in the pocket.  U add 20 pounds to his  body and u  risk him losing that elusiveness. U know my views on Young. No way no how. I was actually listening to a very good pod cast today and Sean Payton was asked about picking a qb. He  said he goes by what Bill Parcells says. When   u r picking in the top 15, u go for the prototype. 

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

People act like putting 20 pounds is easy and not affect his game. Young is not fast as he is more Jerry in the pocket. U add 20 pounds to his body and u risk him losing that elusiveness. U know my views on Young. No way no how. I was actually listening to a very good pod cast today and Sean Payton was asked about picking a qb. He said he goes by what Bill Parcells says. When u r picking in the top 15, u go for the prototype. Thats six foot four 220 and u only stray from that if the guy walks on wwater. None of these guys walks on water not even close. Now some of u will say well he signed Brees. Exactly, he was a free agent.

3 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I expect Stroud to be around 5ft10 205 by the time the combine arrives. 

He will be about 210 around the draft and will be perfectly fine

If he gets to that he will be the run away 1st pick and the Colts should trade up to #1 to get him.   Size is his only downside IMO

10 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

If he gets to that he will be the run away 1st pick and the Colts should trade up to #1 to get him.   Size is his only downside IMO

Say Bryce is 190. U r asking  Jim to gain 20 pounds. People also forget u lose that weight as the season wears on. So he could lose significant amount of weight towards the end of the season when he needs it most because the wear and tear of the season.

13 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Have u seen Bryce? He does not appear to  have the body type that would gain weight easily. Honestly, he looks like a high school player. Very concerning.

24 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Cause Mel is always right. As infamously said by a previous Colt front office personnel. Who the hell is Mel Kiper?

That comment was made roughly 35-40 years ago.  It has NOT aged well, except fir those who hate Kiper.   The man is good at his job whether you know it or not. 

And Mel is NOT ALWAYS RIGHT.   No one is in the personnel business.  Not in any sport.  Evaluating is one of the hardest things to do in sports. 

19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

A trade with the panthers probably takes the bears out of range to get one of the two defensive studs in this draft.  I don’t think they will be willing to do that.

I think Bears want Carter and  unless they get a boat load of  picks, they will stay put. I really don't see anyone going up to number one as I don't see the value at all. I think the team that does will regret it for years.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Have u seen Bryce? He does not appear to  have the body type that would gain weight easily. Honestly, he looks like a high school player. Very concerning.

I guess I should have stated it as. If he was this size.    But he may eventually be able to maintain 200 + lbs.  

I am a slender frame and my ideal weight would be about 165-170   But because I work out and swim I am about 205 and have been  as high as 219  I am 5'10 and shrinking in height ha.

So it is possible 

17 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I guess I should have stated it as. If he was this size.    But he may eventually be able to maintain 200 + lbs.  

I am a slender frame and my ideal weight would be about 165-170   But because I work out and swim I am about 205 and have been  as high as 219  I am 5'10 and shrinking in height ha.

So it is possible 

Yea but u r going to flexibility and fast twitch.

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Panthers will offer a ton to trade up to 1

Remember they got a lot from CMC trade

Personally I think teams will ask for trade but in the end the Bears need to stay at #1 and draft Will Anderson Jr.  Both Gipson and Robison stunk for the Bears.

Texans draft BPA QB

The Cardinals also will hold onto the #3 spot and draft Jalen Carter.  JJ Watt is 33, Leki isn't the best NT but is young plus Zach Allen is playing well.

Colts draft BPA QB

Just now, OhioColt said:

Personally I think teams will ask for trade but in the end the Bears need to stay at #1 and draft Will Anderson Jr.  Both Gipson and Robison stunk for the Bears.

Texans draft BPA QB

The Cardinals also will hold onto the #3 spot and draft Jalen Carter.  JJ Watt is 33, Leki isn't the best NT but is young plus Zach Allen is playing well.

Colts draft BPA QB

If 1 and 2 fall that way I fully expect a team to trade up to 3 for QB2

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

If 1 and 2 fall that way I fully expect a team to trade up to 3 for QB2

The Cardinals will be going heavy defense this year plus need a starting WR.  Possible they look to add Yannick in FA.  Sure they will be happy with either Carter or Breese if they move back.  So yes it wouldn't shock me for them to trade back most realistic option can foresee.

Archived