Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

King of colts is hearing right now colts are kind of content staying at 4. I think that would be a huge mistake. If teams trade up to one and 3 then you get the 4th QB.  To me that is just settling. I know things can change once they start interviewing and stuff.

Is there really a QB that stands out above the others? I'm not so sure that spending our draft capital is the best thing to do. 

Like you said things can change quickly.  The pressure is real. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

King of colts is hearing right now colts are kind of content staying at 4. I think that would be a huge mistake. If teams trade up to one and 3 then you get the 4th QB.  To me that is just settling. I know things can change once they start interviewing and stuff.

Could that suggest we might be looking at Richardson or Levis?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I hear ya..... but sort of like waiting a bit to see how picks 1 and 2 work out

OUR trade, may end up being with AZ at 3.

or

With Chicago at 2 if HOU gets scared and trades with Chicago

Worst comes to worse.... if QB1 and QB2 are off the board....  I would take AR 

He has the lowest floor out of the top 4 QBs, but by far the highest ceiling.

He would need a patient coach, and a vet QB to pair with him.....  but he could be top 5 QB (Or bottom 50  :(   )

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

As long as he plays right away. I can’t sit through another retread. Players need to start growing with a young QB.

Maybe..... but I would MUCH rather not destroy the kids confidence right off the bat

If we can get our arms around the fact that NO MATTER who we choose at QB, this team us not going to SB next year.

It will probably be a stinky year.....  THATS why I am ok , if the other QBs are gone, just take AR

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Maybe..... but I would MUCH rather not destroy the kids confidence right off the bat

If we can get our arms around the fact that NO MATTER who we choose at QB, this team us not going to SB next year.

It will probably be a stinky year.....  THATS why I am ok , if the other QBs are gone, just take AR

Pretty sure the SB is out of the question next year.  I would be impressed with a playoff appearance.  

Solid QB play gets us at least 5 more wins 

8 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I hear ya..... but sort of like waiting a bit to see how picks 1 and 2 work out

OUR trade, may end up being with AZ at 3.

or

With Chicago at 2 if HOU gets scared and trades with Chicago

Worst comes to worse.... if QB1 and QB2 are off the board....  I would take AR 

He has the lowest floor out of the top 4 QBs, but by far the highest ceiling.

He would need a patient coach, and a vet QB to pair with him.....  but he could be top 5 QB (Or bottom 50  :(   )

I kinda hope Houston panics and gives up something crazy to move to 1

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Solid QB play gets us at least 5 more wins 

I kinda hope Houston panics and gives up something crazy to move to 1

The word is that these QBs arent the blue chip QBs (like Manning, Luck, ETC)

I am nervous sending the many picks over to get a certain guy........

If QB1 thru QB4 are even remotely similar, you have to have the guts to see what plays out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

The word is that these QBs arent the blue chip QBs (like Manning, Luck, ETC)

I am nervous sending the many picks over to get a certain guy........

If QB1 thru QB4 are even remotely similar, you have to have the guts to see what plays out

No QB is worth trading to 1

• Like 2

Just now, danlhart87 said:

No QB is worth trading to 1

Jeff George comes to mind     Gave up a very good WR, a pro bowl LT, a first round pick

The fact is..... 90% of QBs picked in round 1 dont make the pro bowl, all pro, or go to the SB

Its a WHIFF machine...... but you HAVE to play the game

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

It’s not fair to the colts playmakers to have to learn another retread QB then switch again to a young WB. If the kid is mentally tough he should play.

18 minutes ago, Boss7894 said:

Why is nobody talking about offensive lineman?  Need I remind you that Jalen Hurts and before that Matthew Stanford were in the SB?

I'm not opposed to strengthening the OL in the off-season. Not with the 1st pick though... 

• Like 2

As much as i would like Stroud i think the Texans will snag him. The Alabama kid looks very good. Levis highlights all show him throwing long ball. That's great except that is not reality in nfl. Bryce is very elusive. I like that.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, joeb said:

As much as i would like Stroud i think the Texans will snag him. The Alabama kid looks very good. Levis highlights all show him throwing long ball. That's great except that is not reality in nfl. Bryce is very elusive. I like that.

I’d be happy with Young on the Colts so long as he knows how to avoid getting hit. He seems to have that pocket presence. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, joeb said:

Levis actually has a quick release so I would expect him to be very good in the short intermediate game.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think it’s too early right now. They aren’t even in the draft room preparing for the draft or interviewed any of them yet.

I know, but they do have a basic idea of who these QBs are and what they do well. Also, I feel certain the matter of our future QB and what they would prefer (traits wise) has come up during the HC interviews. 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

If I’m not mistaken I think Ballard has seen a few of his games in person this year.  Not sure about Young or Stroud.

I was listening to a podcast the other day and he is a OSU fan. He did mention some colt people did watch stroud a couple of times.

8 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I know, but they do have a basic idea of who these QBs are and what they do well. Also, I feel certain the matter of our future QB and what they would prefer (traits wise) has come up during the HC interviews. 

I am confident they have talked about QB as well.

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Explain It Season 5 GIF by The Office

I think its every season he says he's not sure if he's coming back and then waffles and comes back.

He's under contract and should come out and play or retire.  He needs to stop with all the drama every season

1 minute ago, PRnum1 said:

I think its every season he says he's not sure if he's coming back and then waffles and comes back.

He's under contract and should come out and play or retire.  He needs to stop with all the drama every season

AR15 Anthony Richardson 

Who are you talking about