• Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I'm not sure if it's been stated but the final four are:

Morris

Glenn

Saturday

Steichen

Bienemy's agent said this morning that Eric still has an outside shot, but I believe this isn't accurate. 

Bienemy

Biassaci

Kafka

Callahan

Martindale all eliminated.

I think Bienemy’s got a bigger chance as a new OC somewhere. He needs to fly on his own a bit and hopefully for him has success with a different QB. That should help his case for the future.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Texans are really headed in a good direction. AFC south is found to start turning thirds around I think. Titans are going to be left out if they don’t start making some changes.

We have no idea how good these  hires are. They are like the draft. It all looks good on paper until they tire hits the road.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

We have no idea how good these  hires are. They are like the draft. It all looks good on paper until they tire hits the road.

I agree, but generally the real GM should have a much better track record picking a HC than an "armchair GM". I won't hold Saturday against Ballard as he is against him being the HC, but he missed with Reich and would have missed with Mcdaniels based on his coaching records with Dever and Las before and after we attempted to hire him. 

It's just funny how often a real GM sometimes misses on a coaching candidate he interviews for 8-12 hours. Nathaniel Hackett is the most recent example last year for the Broncos. That's a hire a fan would make with limited info, not a GM that has more info than any Bronco fans. 

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Texans are really headed in a good direction. AFC south is found to start turning thirds around I think. Titans are going to be left out if they don’t start making some changes.

Watch the Titans jump ahead of us and steal our QB. :hide:

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If I'm not mistaken Slowik is another ex-PFF guy. For the people discounting them as an enterprise. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yes we don’t want McDaniels to happen again.

Tom is a smart guy. He would rather be right than be first. I'm not that big a Schefter fan. But people have been pretty certain it is Steichen. If the Colts wanted one of the other candidates, they would have hired them. 

Morris should have taken his name out of consideration when he noticed it was taking so long. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen has had more success calling plays then Callahan has had. So this was the right choice between the two. 

The only thing I don't understand is why Callahan didn't make the final 4. Why did Saturday get to that point? Was there a coaching flaw in Callahan that we are unaware of?

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Eagles have a ton of FA this off season. I imagine Steichen has looked at that aspect too. Might be hard to replicate this next season. Bradley will for sure be back.

Pep Hamilton again? I can not see that happening. 

3 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Adam reported Jeff is OUT! Hooray!!! Still don't get his he took a spot over Callahan. Oh well. Now I just need Chiefs to win.

It's possible he was eliminated earlier, but just didn't tell it to reporters at the time. Those "this guy was eliminated from consideration" reports are very obviously coming from those coaches or their representatives. Others had some incentives to let their current teams know that they are staying. Saturday had no such incentives... his incentive is to have his name in the mix as long as possible. 

22 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

no coach will make a difference until we get some elite talent, the coach cant make a guy with below average talent into a super star, bring on ballards new scapegoat!!!!

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Eagles have a ton of FA this off season. I imagine Steichen has looked at that aspect too. Might be hard to replicate this next season. Bradley will for sure be back.

Pep Hamilton? I doubt it. 

Archived