Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

So if LUCK hadn't QUIT you are certain Reich was "a miss"?
  Hahaha how bout them "arm chair" GM's. 

I'm fully confident Luck would have never won a SB and said so numerous times. I said in 2018 that Mahomes would win a SB before Luck and that aged like fine wine. So yes, Reich would have found a way to screw it up.

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Yes there are flaws. Everyone knows about them. 

Then tell me about them. Since you seem to be some sort of genius that knows better than anyone on the forum, tell me exactly why Irsay and Ballard didn't make Callahan a finalist. Don't say it was because Irsay and Ballard didn't like him. If everyone knows about them, I want the exact reasoning. 

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The only thing I don't understand is why Callahan didn't make the final 4. Why did Saturday get to that point? Was there a coaching flaw in Callahan that we are unaware of?

? We KNOW no such thing. For all we know the Bengals forced the issue seeing Callahan's replacement and wanting to know if they'd need to replace him. The Colts obliged by letting them know he wasn't a final consideration. That's nothing to do if he was over or under Jeff. PLUS, we didn't interview either. We're looking for a HC not an OC, so it's possible Jeff interviewed better than Callahan in that respect.

AND, who cares in what order the losers fell?

43 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Then tell me about them. Since you seem to be some sort of genius that knows better than anyone on the forum, tell me exactly why Irsay and Ballard didn't make Callahan a finalist. Don't say it was because Irsay and Ballard didn't like him. If everyone knows about them, I want the exact reasoning. 

While callahan has a respectable resume and was one of my top choices I think they went with steichen because of his success with young qbs and a veteran as well.

27 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I hope the Colts still consider Bienemy although it looks like Striechen is a done deal

I actually feel that if the Eagles lose this game Steichen isn’t going to take the HC job for the colts because of “unfinished business” ala Josh McDaniels

5 hours ago, Stephen said:

While callahan has a respectable resume and was one of my top choices I think they went with steichen because of his success with young qbs and a veteran as well.

I think it went to Striechen  because of the development of Hurts. Burrow is a number 1 pick. Hurts is a second round pick and they have built an offence  to  fit his skill set. 

• Shive locked this topic

Archived