Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

29 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Its a really dumb look for you to question his opinion on a man who was his coach for half a season. 

What opinion are you talking about?  I didn't question his opinion.  I pointed out that its valid to weigh Leonard's opinion against what Ryan or Nelson might say because Saturday is more likely involved directly with those two compared to a guy on the sidelines.  

You must have quoted the wrong person.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I would’ve gotten it if it was Nelson or Matt Ryan. But for Leonard it sounded like he was carrying water for Saturday.

also funny that, the biggest reason Leonard gave (for endorsing) Jeff was,  how Saturday shut Shaq down and insisted he went on IR

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Someone made a good point that Leonard never played under Saturday. Was Leonard present for practices and games while on IR? (Serious question.)

You see, you don't even follow the Colts well enough to know that Leonard was as involved as he possibly could be all season long.
 Though Saturday likely spent considerably less time with the Defense than the Offense, Leonard still would have been very aware how the Saturday led practices were run. And per Buckner it was very different. STARTING with holding players accountable, and making them run plays till they got it right.
 Sorry for you couch potato HC/GM's, they support Saturday. THEY Know FB!
 And can see the probability that Saturday would be a VG HC.

So Yes, Leonard knows plenty about the subject and the man.
  Reich failed post Sirianni. And the next HC better have some really good coaches and a GM that gets HQ players or that HC will be mediocre also.

Ballard'Irsay was plenty mediocre in this.

20 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

You see, you don't even follow the Colts well enough to know that Leonard was as involved as he possibly could be all season long.
 Though Saturday likely spent considerably less time with the Defense than the Offense, Leonard still would have been very aware how the Saturday led practices were run. And per Buckner it was very different. STARTING with holding players accountable, and making them run plays till they got it right.
 Sorry for you couch potato HC/GM's, they support Saturday. THEY Know FB!
 And can see the probability that Saturday would be a VG HC.

So Yes, Leonard knows plenty about the subject and the man.
  Reich failed post Sirianni. And the next HC better have some really good coaches and a GM that gets HQ players or that HC will be mediocre also.

Ballard'Irsay was plenty mediocre in this.

Leonard has claimed to be the best ILB in the NFL...I think there was a bit of a spat with Wagner at the time.

He was pretty contrarian when it came to the vax stance.

And now he's contrarian to the "popular" narrative that Saturday has no business being a HC.

Not saying that Leonard makes tidal waves of controversy, but he does have a pattern of making little splashes when someone give him a microphone.   So, IMO, not sure if some parts of his statements aren't driven some by attention getting with sincerity not 100% of the goal.

17 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

This way, it's safe to say, if his HC choice doesn't pan out... Ballard's toast

Exactly the way I read it. LOL.

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Leonard has claimed to be the best ILB in the NFL...I think there was a bit of a spat with Wagner at the time.

He was pretty contrarian when it came to the vax stance.

And now he's contrarian to the "popular" narrative that Saturday has no business being a HC.

Not saying that Leonard makes tidal waves of controversy, but he does have a pattern of making little splashes when someone give him a microphone.   So, IMO, not sure if some parts of his statements aren't driven some by attention getting as much as they are sincere.

Exactly the way I read it. LOL.

If Ballard pick doesn't work out; Jeff part 2 then? Irsay will be choosing rest of the way perhaps. Actually, it's a good move on Irsay part.

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I believe his status with the team will depend on the QB he brings in and their overall success the next year or two

Ballard contract for how many more years?

Just now, richard pallo said:

This Atkins guy makes no sense.  I don’t think he even knows what he’s talking about.

I do not like him at all. I think it’s mainly because he hasn’t been covering colts very long. Joel Erickson and Jim Ayello made such a great team on their podcast. Joel and Nate are just not good together. Joel is always stumbling  over Nate. Just not a fun listen. 

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

This seems like better news than my prank earlier. I'd be really happy with that hire. And even more happy if the news on Irsay is true. I really like Irsay and would like to think my support for him was justified, even if the last few months he tried to shake that trust. 

33 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Not quoting you but the tweet.

Funny how all of us fans are thought to have some sort of ignorant opinion that shouldn't be expressed publicly because we know (or understand the world) so little...but then when that opinion gets repeated 4 weeks later by somebody "credentialed". it then becomes a proper opinion to have.  

5 hours ago, buccolts said:

O.K., hire Steichen, hire an OC, fire Bradley and don't replace him.

How's Steichen doing? He's certainly unproven. I hope he's a good leader.

Steichen could prove to be the next flavor of the month OC and NOT a "Leader of Men"

5 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I suspect he was around during practices, rehabbing, but was definitely on the sidelines during some - if not all of the games.

Right.

There is no need to belittle Leonards opinion.  He made an impassioned plea for Saturday.

He was in the film rooms, in the walkthroughs and he traveled and cheered for the team just like any other injured player.

His opinion holds alot of weight with me

8 hours ago, DougDew said:

You have a way of starting an argument with someone when they say something negative, then when you are losing the argument you deflect it to being about some sort of general hate or bias.  

This is pretty simple.  Leonard is a defensive player who plays the the second level middle of the field....who didn't even play this season.  Its a legitimate point to bring up and compare him to both Nelson and Ryan who were struggling on offense and would have had more direct contact with the HC.   Its a valid point.  Its not disrespect.

Calling them washed when they are injured is disrespect.  

47 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Right.

There is no need to belittle Leonards opinion.  He made an impassioned plea for Saturday.

He was in the film rooms, in the walkthroughs and he traveled and cheered for the team just like any other injured player.

His opinion holds alot of weight with me

Not for me. 

6 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Of course Jeff is in the final four; what a disgrace.  It's just mind boggling especially after Callahan and Eric got eliminated. Going to wind up being full circle right back to him. 

We don’t know if Jeff is still in the running or not. Jeff could merely be plan D at this point given the McDaniels stunt the other year. 

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I take it this was said on tv. Lol Saturday still listed.

Glenn made the final four.  I know a couple of pod casters in Detroit really love the guy and are sweating bullets right now.   They said he really commands the room and is a natural leader.  Similar to what we know about Morris and Saturday.  I can’t remember what Ballard said about what he would be looking for in a HC but I would think leadership skills would be up there.  We will know very soon but I don’t think we should be sleeping on Glenn.  He has impressed no doubt.

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Lol.  I don't think I follow my own team enough to know that guys on IR are involved in every day practices. 

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

What opinion are you talking about?  I didn't question his opinion.  I pointed out that its valid to weigh Leonard's opinion against what Ryan or Nelson might say because Saturday is more likely involved directly with those two compared to a guy on the sidelines.  

You must have quoted the wrong person.

I believe Leonard still interacts with the coach quite a bit, even when hes injured. 

Archived