Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Glenn made the final four.  I know a couple of pod casters in Detroit really love the guy and are sweating bullets right now.   They said he really commands the room and is a natural leader.  Similar to what we know about Morris and Saturday.  I can’t remember what Ballard said about what he would be looking for in a HC but I would think leadership skills would be up there.  We will know very soon but I don’t think we should be sleeping on Glenn.  He has impressed no doubt.

Yes, the guys on Pride of Detroit (the Lion's version of Stampede Blue) were concerned about losing Glenn and the OC. The fans love their coaching staff and wanted to retain everyone, including Glenn.

I remember Glenn when he was a player. He was a leader on the field. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol.  I don't think I follow my own team enough to know that guys on IR are involved in every day practices. 

That's why I come here.  I'm not interested in trying to find all that info.  I learn a lot here and can ask a question if I want.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I take it this was said on tv. Lol Saturday still listed.

We know Ballard is not going to endorse Saturday. There was a report that Saturday wanted him out as GM if he were to take the job. 

Just now, buccolts said:

Yet, we don't know if any of that is true. 

Yes. Almost everything in this thread is speculation. And NOBODY has speculated on the Colts coaching situation more than I have. However, if we can be confident of one thing... It's that Chris Ballard is not going to be endorsing Jeff Saturday to be head coach of the Indianapolis Colts.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

My prediction 

Sunday

Colts narrow search to 3

Saturday Morris Steichen 

Monday 

2 finalist in Colts search reported 

Saturday Steichen 

Tuesday morning Nervous Key And Peele GIF

Tuesday afternoon 

Colts have picked Shane Steichen 

The Office Party Hard GIF

At this point; are we to believe Colts still have not decided among themselves who will be HC?

4 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

At this point; are we to believe Colts still have not decided among themselves who will be HC?

They probably have plan A (Steichen) Pen to paper first and it's obvious why

Plan B (Morris) 

And I have no idea about Saturday. I suppose if all else fails we have him 

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What report? Where is your link that shows what you are claiming?

The story never said Saturday wanted Ballard out. It said Saturday really didn’t want the job anymore because he didn’t think he was a good fit for Ballard. If true Saturday knows he wouldn’t be Ballards choice and it would be a lot of dysfunction.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What report? Where is your link that shows what you are claiming?

As others have posted, this comes from JMV sports talk radio. A Colts "inside reporter" stated that Saturday preferred to have the coaching job and not have Ballard as GM.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The story never said Saturday wanted Ballard out. It said Saturday really didn’t want the job anymore because he didn’t think he was a good fit for Ballard. If true Saturday knows he wouldn’t be Ballards choice and it would be a lot of dysfunction.

It makes sense that Ballard doesn't want Saturday. I'm pretty sure Ballard doesn't want to depend on his job linked to a HC with zero experience.  

38 minutes ago, t-rex said:

We know Ballard is not going to endorse Saturday. There was a report that Saturday wanted him out as GM if he were to take the job. 

You in the end are saying Saturday told Irsay he recommends firing Ballard.

And Irsay has endorsed Ballard, so Saturday took himself out of the running.

I designate you a member of the Chloeites.

49 minutes ago, t-rex said:

Is this possible?    Yes. 

But is it likely?     I don’t think so.    What leverage would Jeff have to ask Irsay to remove Ballard from his job?    Irsay may want Saturday to win the job, but it strikes me as several bridges too far to think Jeff would tell Irsay he’d want a different GM. 

It would be the textbook definition of overplaying your hand.   So I don’t see it.   Would seem un-Jeff-like.  

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

You in the end are saying Saturday told Irsay he recommends firing Ballard.

And Irsay has endorsed Ballard, so Saturday took himself out of the running.

I designate you a member of the Chloeites.

No. What I am saying is it was reported by a reasonably reliable Colts reporter that Saturday wanted to be head coach AND not have Ballard as GM.

Sorry. I'm not seeing what is so controversial. And I have no idea what chloeites are. And I am not going to look it up.

2 minutes ago, t-rex said:

No. What I am saying is it was reported by a reasonably reliable Colts reporter that Saturday wanted to be head coach AND not have Ballard as GM.

Sorry. I'm not seeing what is so controversial. And I have no idea what chloeites are. And I am not going to look it up.

What reporter?

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Is this possible?    Yes. 

But is it likely?     I don’t think so.    What leverage would Jeff have to ask Irsay to remove Ballard from his job?    Irsay may want Saturday to win the job, but it strikes me as several bridges too far to think Jeff would tell Irsay he’d want a different GM. 

It would be the textbook definition of overplaying your hand.   So I don’t see it.  
Would seem un-Jeff-like.  

Possible. Yes.

Likely. Perhaps

I think there have been a lot of things in this process that have seemed un-Jeff like. But they have still happened.

1 minute ago, t-rex said:

Possible. Yes.

Likely. Perhaps

I think there have been a lot of things in this process that have seemed un-Jeff like. But they have still happened.

You need to learn that what is said or reported by so called insiders is not reliable. Till it is verified by a legit member of the Colts front office it means absolutely nothing. 

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You need to learn that what is said or reported by so called insiders is not reliable. Till it is verified by a legit member of the Colts front office it means absolutely nothing. 

If that were the single context of this discussion, this thread wouldn't exist.

As fans we are allowed to speculate, prognosticate and even cheer for what we think will improve our favorite team. In addition, we are also allowed to use reasonably reliable sources to report news, help an argument, booster an opinion and even influence the discussion. 

Um... That's what this message board is.  It's certainly not rocket science. And nothing is posted here under penalty of perjury. 

You need to learn to not to take yourself so seriously. Trust me, nobody else is.

Archived