Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Colts at Pats Postgame Thoughts (Merge)

EastStreet

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Btown_Colt said:

Hmm if only there was a change to the Patriots OC this season that could explain the offensive woes.

And as you also know, the side of the ball that Bill is known for, pretty darn good yet again.

You’re gonna have to do better.

Doug fails with sarcasm. Even his sarcasm/wit boomerangs his only narratives. 

3 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

What I'm honestly sad about is that we won't have this defense next year.  I would love to give our QB of the future this defense.  But chances are people are going to walk, get traded, etc.

I wish we could keep Bradley with a new HC. Wonder if that could be a possibility. But we might have to sell some guys on defense to get a QB. Have to see where we fall in the draft order.

9 sacks. The offense was horrible. I thought Brady was the reason for the bad offense. Play calling horrible. Fire Strausser. Cut Kelly and Pryor immediately Outside of the KC and 2nd Jags game this season reminds me of 2011 with painter hopefully the end results give us a qb that plays like Luck next year. Time to get rid of this over paid offensive line. I’m ok with keeping Leonard. The defense is playing well but time to revamp the front office and offensive side of the ball. Go colts 

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Getting trouched by the Patriots might make it an exception 

Again, they have no one to replace him calling plays.  Yeah I don’t like Frank’s play calling anymore than you do but you still have to have someone to do that and the Colts don’t have that.  Firing Frank right now isn’t going to fix anything.  

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Again, they have no one to replace him calling plays.  Yeah I don’t like Frank’s play calling anymore than you do but you still have to have someone to do that and the Colts don’t have that.  Firing Frank right now isn’t going to fix anything.  

Frank saved his own * by firing Brady. 

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

John Fox is a defensive coach and has never called offensive plays before and has nothing to do with the Colts offense so doubtful.

Fox could call pass-pass-run... Nobody would know Reich is gone. 

lol.. kidding.. but we can find someone to call plays. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Why does that even matter? A monkey with a laser pointer can call better plays

There's a lot at play here. Moreso than just Reich. I get there's a lot of hate for him.

We knew based on scheduling that the Colt's season would be won or lost by week 7. We had 5 of our 6 divisional games in that timeframe. No schedule should ever have Colts/Titans twice in four weeks. 

We have superstars that aren't playing like Superstars or have been injured. 

The O-Line's struggles have been inexplicable. 

Shaq hasn't been healthy yet

J.T. has missed a ton of time.

The Matt Ryan experiment went completely south. 

The moves the fans have been clamoring for haven't exactly worked out well either for the win-loss column.

"Bench Matt for Sam"

We did. Sam's young, and will make mistakes. He's cut the turnover problem down. He will grow and learn- we still won't be winning games like today. 

"Stop running Nyheim in-between the tackles"

Hey, problem solved. I heard a lot of voices saying he was overpaid anyway. 

Irsay's already called the season. Reich and Ballard probably aren't going anywhere. If one moves, it will be Reich, but I'm not certain that's going to happen. 

10 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Hmm if only there was a change to the Patriots OC this season that could explain the offensive woes.

And as you also know, the side of the ball that Bill is known for, pretty darn good yet again.

You’re gonna have to do better.

LOL.  OC shmocy.

Have you noticed the difference in the NE offense when they had Edelman, Gronk, and Brady..... and now?  

BB must suck as a HC.  LOL.

Or ours when we had Luck AC, Rivers AC and now?

we got to vote for the cardinals bucs and saints to win today and tomorrow .  get us from 14th in the draft to 11th then we play the raiders next week they can jump us again if we lose .      there is no shame in needing a QB and getting a top pick to solve this issue once and for all .  i will still watch every game i just want a real solution no more band aids .   we shouldnt have to level the colts future to trade up

1 minute ago, PRnum1 said:

Who's the QB coach ? Or get Foles to do it

So guys who have never done it and one you may need to play at moments notice to do it.  That’s not a realistic plan.

I am not going to sit here and defend Frank.  I think I’ve made it pretty clear I am not a fan of his play calling and I think he’s toast at years end.  There is just no upside to firing him right now and it makes way more problems this team just doesn’t need right now.  

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Parks Frazier has been passing game and quarterback coach, he should be able to call plays.

Worst rb in nfl ypc last season started (This season up to 3rd worst), had a rb we signed tuesday taking carries and catching passes. O line banged up but even when healthy struggling.

A shame we wont keep this D,sure hope Gilmore and Rodny Mc come back. This is a playoff caliber D.....

43 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I mean this was rotten. Absolutely rotten. A brand new “worst game I’ve ever seen” in this season that unfortunately keeps on giving. 

This season and this regime is 2011 bad. It is time to move up the draft order, get a new regime and try again with a fresh start. 

We are worse than 2011 I believe.

1 minute ago, Dark_Indy said:

Irsay's already called the season. Reich and Ballard probably aren't going anywhere. If one moves, it will be Reich, but I'm not certain that's going to happen. 

If Irsay actual keeps Reich next season then he deserves to watch his franchise be abysmal. 

Archived