Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Colts at Pats Postgame Thoughts (Merge)

EastStreet

Been saying this for a long time now……Frank Reich’s voice in that lockeroom does not exist anymore. 

His ‘debut’ as OC was worse than before he scapegoated Marcus Brady.

9 fricken sacks? Really? So much for putting the mobile rpo qb in to replace the ‘injured’ Matt Ryan……another scapegoat 

We better lose out and have a top 3 pick in 2023’s draft…..

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we should've traded Kenny Moore, Ryan Kelly, and Blackmon while we had the chance. 

Just now, Scott Pennock said:

Been saying this for a long time now……Frank Reich’s voice in that lockeroom does not exist anymore. 

His ‘debut’ as OC was worse than before he scapegoated Marcus Brady.

9 fricken sacks? Really? So much for putting the mobile rpo qb in to replace the ‘injured’ Matt Ryan……another scapegoat 

We better lose out and have a top 3 pick in 2023’s draft…..

i didnt see much RPO, zone read stuff tbh,. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

Been saying that for a long time (Moore and Kelly)... Value dropping like led balloon. 

But I think Blackmon would be a good SS. 

yeah hes gonna be good, but we got two young guys behind him who i feel like can fill the role. 

It’s the o-line.  You could have the 04 Colts offense with Peyton Manning with Vince Lombardi coaching them and they wouldn’t be able to do jack behind this line.  It flat out sucks.  They don’t have five NFL starters on it.  

Beyond that others on this team not blameless either.  So turns out it wasn’t just Marcus Brady…

Id love to say fire Frank but you have no one left to call plays if you fire Frank.  I also don’t think it’s going to make a difference rather you fire Frank today or on Black Monday.  This is a bad team that just calls dumb plays on offense and even when they call a good one the line can’t block anyone to make it matter.  

Sorry Sam isn’t the guy.  Yeah he got no help at all from the line but he’s not striking me when he does have time to think you know this guy could be the guy.  Honestly, even with the turnovers Ryan produced more with this offense which is why I thought naming Sam the starter for the rest of the year was a mistake.  We’ve seen now the problem wasn’t the QB.  If you could fix the line I think Ryan would have been about what they expected from him but the core problem with the team is that train wreck they call a line.  

The only good thing to come out of today on offense was Pryor was finally benched and while it wasn’t much better after that at least Fries picked up a simple stunt once in a while.

The defense is still good and deserves so much better than this but this offense some how finds away to get worse each week.  

I think Reich and the coaching staff are deadmen walking it’s just going to come at the end of the year.  The interesting thing will be to see what Irsay does Ballard.  As gawd awful as this offense is this defense has a lot to like and he built that too.  While I’ll watch each game and hope the Colts win because I am a die hard fan and that’s what die hard fans do I will admit the best thing that could happen to this team is to lose out and get a top three pick and get a QB.

Even then until you find a NFL level starting Center, RG, and LT it’s not going to matter much.  

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

It’s the o-line.  You could have the 04 Colts offense with Peyton Manning with Vince Lombardi coaching them and they wouldn’t be able to do jack behind this line.  It flat out sucks.  They don’t have five NFL starters on it.  

Beyond that others on this team not blameless either.  So turns out it wasn’t just Gus Bradley…

Id love to say fire Frank but you have no one left to call plays if you fire Frank.  I also don’t think it’s going to make a difference rather you fire Frank today or on Black Monday.  This is a bad team that just calls dumb plays on offense and even when they call a good one the line can’t block anyone to make it matter.  

Sorry Sam isn’t the guy.  Yeah he got no help at all from the line but he’s not striking me when he does have time to think you know this guy could be the guy.  Honestly, even with the turnovers Ryan produced more with this offense which is why I thought naming Sam the starter for the rest of the year was a mistake.  We’ve seen now the problem wasn’t the QB.  If you could fix the line I think Ryan would have been about what they expected from him but the core problem with the team is that train wreck they call a line.  

The only good thing to come out of today on offense was Pryor was finally benched and while it wasn’t much better after that at least Fries picked up a simple stunt once in a while.

The defense is still good and deserves so much better than this but this offense some how finds away to get worse each week.  

I think Reich and the coaching staff are deadmen walking it’s just going to come at the end of the year.  The interesting thing will be to see what Irsay does Ballard.  As gawd awful as this offense is this defense has a lot to like and he built that too.  While I’ll watch each game and hope the Colts win because I am a die hard fan and that’s what die hard fans do I will admit the best thing that could happen to this team is to lose out and get a top three pick and get a QB.

I know a few HS coaches in IN.... They'll be available in a few weeks... 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Beyond that others on this team not blameless either.  So turns out it wasn’t just Gus Bradley…

Even then until you find a NFL level starting Center, RG, and LT it’s not going to matter much.  

I agree with everything besides starting Sam over Matt. 

With Matt we might have gone 6-10-1 or 7-9-1, but we weren’t making the playoffs and it would still have been some UGLY football. They are starting Sam to save money, see what they have in him and yes, tank. 

Just now, IrsaysArmy said:

My sobriety is at risk watching this team. Dead serious 

This team will make you a sad bitter drunk.. Lol

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Lol.  You have scale goated everyone but the real issue.

Lol.

. He can't even really believe that .

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

I agree with everything besides starting Sam over Matt. 

With Matt we might have gone 6-10-1 or 7-9-1, but we weren’t making the playoffs and it would still have been some UGLY football. They are starting Sam to save money, see what they have in him and yes, tank. 

I am not necessarily saying they should start Matt over Sam.  I am just saying Sam isn’t the answer either which under scores what I said at the time, it wasn’t the QB.  It’s the line.  Frankly I don’t think it matters who you start if this line is going to be this pathetic because while Ryan has the knowledge to make things happen he can’t move.  Sam can move but has no clue what he’s seeing out there to take advantage of it.  

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Lol.  You have scale goated everyone but the real issue.

i dont think it was Reichs decision to fire or bench.

i think Irsay/Ballard are doing process of elimination. 

can't blame anyone but frank here. 

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Seems like Braden Smith is the only one on the oline pulling his weight. Why is Kelly still starting? Nelson injuries have clearly made him not the same player. No one is going to take a 20 million left guard who is washed up.

he got destroyed today too .  he got beat multiple times and got beat so bad one play he had to almost tackle the defender and got a penalty .  no one on the line has played good at all

Too bad we couldn’t fire Reich and Ballard right away and hire Sean Payton asap to take over the team and allow him to evaluate the entire roster and coaches the rest of the way.  On the other hand he probably wouldn’t want to incur the inevitable losses the current roster has in front of itself.

Archived