Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Colts at Pats Postgame Thoughts (Merge)

EastStreet

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Nickster said:

East we get it.  You like Power man scheme. 

But if you think that's going to help the tremendous issues with pass blocking man, then you just don't have really any earthly clue what you are talking about.

Like none. Our main problem is pass blocking.  Last year we had an 1800 yd rusher with the same blocking scheme for running.

So uhhh.  We didn't have an issue with scheme then. 

I like both. There is time for zone, and there is time for power. 

And yes, pass pro is our major issue. And power doesn't help with pass pro. I've said that before.

But...... power helps a ton when running. Especially on short yardage and goal line. And it helps with "demeanor" and "identity"... 

In other words, OL love to be unleashed and able to drive dudes. When guys get power pancakes, and blow up holes (for the RB), it creates "meanness" and "nastiness" ... and that carries over to zone reps on pass snaps.

So removing power/nasty/mean in the run game, creates softness (in general). If we are limited to zone, we become a ballet dance team. 

13 hours ago, Nickster said:

East we get it.  You like Power man scheme. 

But if you think that's going to help the tremendous issues with pass blocking man, then you just don't have really any earthly clue what you are talking about.

Like none. Our main problem is pass blocking.  Last year we had an 1800 yd rusher with the same blocking scheme for running.

So uhhh.  We didn't have an issue with scheme then. 

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I like both. There is time for zone, and there is time for power. 

And yes, pass pro is our major issue. And power doesn't help with pass pro. I've said that before.

But...... power helps a ton when running. Especially on short yardage and goal line. And it helps with "demeanor" and "identity"... 

In other words, OL love to be unleashed and able to drive dudes. When guys get power pancakes, and blow up holes (for the RB), it creates "meanness" and "nastiness" ... and that carries over to zone reps on pass snaps.

So removing power/nasty/mean in the run game, creates softness (in general). If we are limited to zone, we become a ballet dance team. 

And @Nickster did you catch the presser....

I totally lol'd after Jim's story about Jeff and Mudd... Jeff said something "we should be man/power blocking these guys instead zone blocking" or something like that... 

Timely? lol

Archived