Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Colts at Pats Postgame Thoughts (Merge)

EastStreet

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

he got destroyed today too .  he got beat multiple times and got beat so bad one play he had to almost tackle the defender and got a penalty .  no one on the line has played good at all

I feel like we aren’t hearing smiths name so I really am ok with how he has played. The pressure is coming up the middle.

Just now, smittywerb said:

My postgame thoughts?

We need to lose more than the Texans, Steelers, Panthers, Lions, Packers, Saints, Bucs to secure our QB of the future

Why with this OL he'll be killed week one 2023.

Just now, JediXMan said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/ind/indianapolis-colts

Other than Hou I really don't see any wins. Steelers suck but they always beat us lol.

Houston?  We tied with them.  Next time they will destroy us.  

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Too bad we couldn’t fire Reich and Ballard right away and hire Sean Payton asap to take over the team and allow him to evaluate the entire roster and coaches the rest of the way.  On the other hand he probably wouldn’t want to incur the inevitable losses the current roster has in front of itself.

You really think Sean Payton wants this job right now?  

15 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

So turns out it wasn’t just Marcus Brady…

The oline..... They don’t have five NFL starters on it.  

Did anybody think it was.....?    The answer lies within your second line.

Kelly has been regressing for a while.  Nelson and Smith both struggled early last year, rallied midseason.... and failed after week 14.

Then Ballard added 2 guys that cannot play to the 3 guys that have been regressing.  And now we have a 6th round QB in his second game.

This was epically the WORST performance by an offense that I can ever remember!

The defense played quite well, but they were hung out to dry by a historically bad offense.  Keep in mind, though, the defensive performance was against a bad offense, so grain of salt there. 

Colts offense looks as bleak as the darkest days  in my 56 years of watching the Colts. 

Braden Smith looked useless, the RG and LT looked just as useless.

I feel safe in saying Ehlinger’s upside is that of a very mediocre QB at best.  I see no hint of quality leadership or potential on him.  He can occasionally extend a play with his athleticism, but he is NOT the QB answer … This I can already see and conclude.  It was idiocy to declare him the starter the rest of the season, rather than to simply declare him the starter while Matt Ryan is injured, and take a wait and see position on him. 

M-A-C is done as a viable TE option, imho. He can deliver a nice play once in a blue moon, but he lacks explosion and brings nothing to the table that we don’t have in the rookie TE, who btw looks like he has some exciting potential. 

Back to defense, Kenny Moore is nothing more than an overrated JAG.  Nice guy, though I despised his expressed contractual discontent.  He’s an ok bit player at best. 

To the coaching, Reich is simply horrible as a play caller and to me he exudes the sideline presence of a coach that knows he is the walking dead now on borrowed time. 

With Ehlinger at the QB helm, I really have trouble thinking this team can win another game this season.  

This is the most disappointed I can ever remember being about a Colts season in progress. I don’t know how Irsay can resist blowing this mess up right now. 

5 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

My postgame thoughts?

We need to lose more than the Texans, Steelers, Panthers, Lions, Packers, Saints, Bucs to secure our QB of the future

colts are still like 13th or 14th in the draft right now .    if we lose the next two weeks we should be in the top ten .  i am rooting for the cardinals now we can jump them today

Just now, coming on strong said:

colts are still like 13th or 14th in the draft right now .    if we lose the next two weeks we should be in the top ten .  i am rooting for the cardinals now we can jump them today

Good thing is the teams I didn't list that are in front of us are either going to be competing for a playoff spot or they already have a QB. 

Just now, CR91 said:

There is no way Reich survives Monday. Irsay has to be livid losing to the Patriots while the defense basically handed the colts the game. 

There is nothing to be gained by doing this. Especially since team looks to be tanking all on its own. Why put that fire into the team. We need a top five pick.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

There is no way Reich survives Monday. Irsay has to be livid losing to the Patriots while the defense basically handed the colts the game. 

There is away.  They literally have no one to call plays if you fire Frank.  Frank stays until the end of the year most likely and is dumped on black Monday.  

For the record I am not a fan of Frank’s play calling either but it’s a fact they don’t even have someone they feel can be the interim offensive coordinator right now let a lone call plays.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

There is no way Reich survives Monday. Irsay has to be livid losing to the Patriots while the defense basically kept the colts in the game. 

What I'm honestly sad about is that we won't have this defense next year.  I would love to give our QB of the future this defense.  But chances are people are going to walk, get traded, etc.

16 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

We better lose out and have a top 3 pick in 2023’s draft…..

I hate to be okay with my favorite team losing games, but this the best realistic outcome from this season.  

It allows us to potentially find a long-term solution to the QB problem since Luck left the building, allows Irsay to finally critically evaluate if Ballard is the right person for GM or if he can better more established presence in here and perhaps have a different philosophy for roster construction in the organization.  

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

NEs offense stinks all year.  Their HC is obviously a bad HC.

But he looked pretty good when he used to have good players to coach.

Hmm if only there was a change to the Patriots OC this season that could explain the offensive woes.

And as you also know, the side of the ball that Bill is known for, pretty darn good yet again.

You’re gonna have to do better.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

There is nothing to be gained by doing this. Especially since team looks to be tanking all on its own. Why put that fire into the team. We need a top five pick.

What fire? Colts can't muster anything on offense. You think switching to Bubba would change that?

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

There is away.  They literally have no one to call plays if you fire Frank.  Frank stays until the end of the year most likely and is dumped on black Monday.  

Irsay calling plays would be more productive 

Archived