Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Ryan benched for Sam (merge)

John Waylon

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yep, all the Matt Ryan lovers, keep coming with your excuses...it was hard to ignore after this last Titans game performance. This team has the talent with Pittman, Pierce and Campbell to make a run, IMO, along with JT.

But Frank still calls the plays, maybe he will finally call the RPOs he wanted all along. At least I can get behind a guy that can escape the pocket and throw 20 yards, if not 30-40 yards well enough. I anticipate a temporary boost from Sam E but once there is enough film on him, it will be harder to keep winning. We will see. Better to have tried and failed than not to try at all.

Agree. The o-line as currently constructed just isn't built to protect a pocket passer. When fractions of a second matter, having a mobile quarterback can make a huge difference.

12 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Yes thank you I am so happy !!!! Sam is a future pro bowler you guys will eat so much crow 

Many on this board will be shocked that a player under 25 can play QB for the Colts.. and WIN....

I was roasted for saying Sam was Ryan's competition. I was told "he has no competition on the roster"....... I hope these individuals will cheer for the kid.

Wow! WOW! I am shocked. Reich must be feeling a ton more pressure than I thought he would and probably from people that actually matter(Irsay? Ballard?). 

I think he's making probably the only move that might save him (if he makes Ehlinger look like the future of the position for the Colts). 

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

I told you guys the coaching staff sees players every day in practice they knew from day one Sam is special .  He’s been lighting up every practice .    This is the sane situation the eagles were in with hurts . The colts are now a playoff team 

Slow down 

7 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Well %…

At least they gave him a week of practice with the first team.

He’s going to get slaughtered with this Oline. 

I really like Sam and hope they give him a chance to fight to be the starting QB, but this, right now, isn’t doing him any favors. 

I'm sure S.E. disagrees that "they aren't doing him any favors." It's the chance of a lifetime for a QB drafted in the 6th round and only in his 2nd year. Don't be so sure he get's slaughtered as some fake handoffs with a roll out will be a nice wrinkle . Can't be much worse than watching Ryan yesterday....

1 minute ago, Introspect said:

Many on this board will be shocked that a player under 25 can play QB for the Colts.. and WIN....

I was roasted for saying Sam was Ryan's competition. I was told "he has no competition on the roster"....... I hope these individuals will cheer for the kid.

Me you and a couple others have been calling this since last year that Sam is winning the starting spot .  No more retirement QBs we have a young mobile stud now 

I do not think that some of you naysayers get it.  Presently we do not have a QB. The team is going nowhere with Ryan. You play Sam. If he is good great. If he is not then the record will reflect the same and we will be in a better position to draft of QB next year. No brainer decision at this stage.

wowow im shocked. Im very excited to see what he can do but this also reeks of desperation. Hopefully he is our next Mahomes. Can always have hope. Im inclined to think we are still going to suck though. They didn't fix the Oline over night. He is going to be running a lot. Maybe im wrong. I dunno. Either way exciting.

Just now, richard pallo said:

Told you they were having a 8am meeting this morning.

Irsay was always peeved with Vrabel getting his squad to play hard nosed and winning the matchups so many times. Some of us were probably asking us to just go with Sam E and see what happens at the beginning of the year. We could have saved money and tailored an offense for Sam E. Now I am not sure Sam E is in a good spot, to be honest. Will support the Colts no matter what but they did fail to support Matt Ryan with this kind of OL performance, that is a fact that cannot be denied, IMO. Matt Ryan was promised a Mercedes and delivered a beat up Chevy for an OL. 

Archived