Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Ryan benched for Sam (merge)

John Waylon

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOWWWWWWWW!!! I did not see this coming.

I wanted it to happen so that we could see what Sam E could bring to the table but not till we were out of the playoffs. This seems like a last minute resort to save face on part of Reich and Ballard (because if Ryan was injured, they would have made it known as an excuse). Sam E would be like Taylor Heinecke, so we will see what they bring to the table. At least there is something new and shiny to support than old and beaten, I guess. :scratch:

Yep, all the Matt Ryan lovers, keep coming with your excuses...it was hard to ignore after this last Titans game performance. This team has the talent with Pittman, Pierce and Campbell to make a run, IMO, along with JT.

But Frank still calls the plays, maybe he will finally call the RPOs he wanted all along. At least I can get behind a guy that can escape the pocket and throw 20 yards, if not 30-40 yards well enough. I anticipate a temporary boost from Sam E but once there is enough film on him, it will be harder to keep winning. We will see. Better to have tried and failed than not to try at all.

Well %…

At least they gave him a week of practice with the first team.

He’s going to get slaughtered with this Oline. 

I really like Sam and hope they give him a chance to fight to be the starting QB, but this, right now, isn’t doing him any favors. 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yep, all the Matt Ryan lovers, keep coming with your excuses...it was hard to ignore after this last Titans game performance. This team has the talent with Pittman, Pierce and Campbell to make a run, IMO, along with JT.

But Frank still calls the plays, maybe he will finally call the RPOs he wanted all along. At least I can get behind a guy that can escape the pocket and throw 20 yards, if not 30-40 yards well enough. 

Don't get too excited. Sam did well against 2nd/3rd/4th string and guys not even on teams now. Wait until he plays an actual down in a real game.

• Nadine changed the title to Matt Ryan benched for Sam (merge)
2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Don't get too excited. Sam did well against 2nd/3rd/4th string and guys not even on teams now. Wait until he plays an actual down in a real game.

I know. Better to have tried and failed than not try at all, right? :)  I still expect a temporary boost. 

Just now, funktacious2 said:

At the very least he should be more mobile. I wish him luck and hope he helps us find a way to turn things around before it’s too late

He has yet to attempt a long pass.  Then again Reich doesn’t let Ryan do it either so not really a difference I guess.

Archived