AKB

POLL: SHOULD CHRIS BALLARD BE FIRED?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD CHRIS BALLARD BE FIRED?

• YES
    • NO
    • GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE WITH A DIFFERENT COACH NEXT YEAR

9 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i used to hate dan dakich but i get what he is saying now .  i am fully on board he is right grigson was a bad drafter but he held the team accountable had them playing above their talent level .    the guy just won games never had a losing season 10-0 against the titans and won games with josh free man and matt  haslebeck

Grigson sucked. Ballard may suck as well, but that doesn’t get Grigson off the hook. Grigson and his complete and total failure to give a single **** about the OL is what got Luck sacked into an early retirement.

Also, don’t forget Grigson is the one that gave us the eye-bleedingly bad Trent Richardson show...still have PTSD of that dude and his 1 yard gains

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i used to hate dan dakich but i get what he is saying now .  i am fully on board he is right grigson was a bad drafter but he held the team accountable had them playing above their talent level .    the guy just won games never had a losing season 10-0 against the titans and won games with josh free man and matt  haslebeck

Dakich is the type of man that's hard to like and one you don't really want to agree with. But he is often right and tells it like it is and he's been telling it like it is for years about this organization.. JMV is a good listen too and he's been wanting WR's for years.....its either a SHAME or a RED FLAG when sport jocks seem to know more than the people who run the team.

:thinking:

8 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Harbaugh would be a fun hire. Tough and has had success in this league. Would he leave Michigan though. Good guy for a young QB too. 

I would like to see us make a run at Harbaugh too.He would definitely light a fire and hold players accountable for their play.I’m just not sure if he is ready to leave Michigan at this time.

3 minutes ago, Coltsbluefan said:

I would like to see us make a run at Harbaugh too.He would definitely light a fire and hold players accountable for their play.I’m just not sure if he is ready to leave Michigan at this time.

Maybe if he wins the CFP he would leave, but I doubt it. I’d target Sean Payton personally

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I would be interested in what Ed Dodds philosophy is. Maybe we already have the next guy.

Agreed, not a bad idea

11 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

matt ryans weapons   tighends and wrs  .  

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

be honest ballard bargin bin shops for weapons every year .    ty was already here when he took over and from 2017 to 2020 ty was the only solid wr .   now we only really have pittman   of course pierce can turn into a good wr but it takes time i doubt he puts up more than 500 yards this year .        i just think when you are all in on matt ryan  why not get another veteran ?    odell would be fine it doesnt have to be a high price guy just someone who can go get 700 yards as a starter

I've already mentioned several things (specific things) on weapons, that you didn't either read or just ignored. I'll list again so you can reply. 

Weapons 

• Our RB weapons are top 3 in the NFL (running and passing). 
  • Reich's personnel use (WR and TE) has been horrible over the years. I've listed specific individuals and situations above for your comments on, or to debate. So your opinion on those?
  • Reich's play calling, and scheme in general, has been predictable and uber conservative for years. Anyone that knows football (knows schemes, routes, etc) on this board has complained for years. With mixed bad personnel utilization, we get a terrible product (our O). 

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

look i respect you as  poster on here you are very knowledgeable   but i think you are drinking the ballard cool aid to much .   he is a elite talent evaluator but cant put together a roster to compete .  if you are mostly a build from the draft guy and miss on key spots go out and fill them in free agency .    

Genuine recommendation - don't spray threads with surface level and emotional complaints. Be more thoughtful with specifics. If you reply to posters, don't ignore data or facts provided. 

In general, like I said (guess you ignored), never was a Ballard worshipper. I was critical about him, when everyone was wearing blue glasses. Never drank Kool-Aid. I'm not an emotional poster that flips my opinion every other day, or jumps other side based on media or twitter (like others). And I won't lose sleep if Ballard is fired. If we get a better GM, great. I will be fair.  

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Don't be a Dakich worshipper, or a revisionist... Unless before the specific draft, you called it (Deebo would be a stud, and wanted him).. Dakich has a horrible track record lol... And Dakich is shock jock, we'll do anything for intention. I enjoy some of his humor though. But he's a typical type, who is heavy on shock, and very low on intelligence.. 

40 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

where did I say it was my number one complaint (in regards to RB), my number one complaint is quality depth at virtually every position; not sure why you can disagree with such an obvious fact

lol.. it was first reply.

saying depth of every position or unspecific position is pretty silly. 

not sure why you can't be specific... 

18 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Grigson sucked. Ballard may suck as well, but that doesn’t get Grigson off the hook. Grigson and his complete and total failure to give a single **** about the OL is what got Luck sacked into an early retirement.

Also, don’t forget Grigson is the one that gave us the eye-bleedingly bad Trent Richardson show...still have PTSD of that dude and his 1 yard gains

i dont think grigson was a good drafter at all far from  it but he did hold guys accountable that was my point.   you have to be honest the teams under him and chuck over performed based on the talent level .  while ballards teams have more talent but never live up to the hype .     bringing  in vontae davis freeman ty hilton ryan kelly it wasnt all bad . 

its not like grigson ignored the line his picks just didnt hit he went after guards tackles and centers .    he went down trying every time going all out .    i feel like having ballard being a lead scout with grigson putting the roster together would work .    you need that bad guy in the building not letting things slide . 

51 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It kind of makes me excited for the offseason.  

Bif question do you guys trust Irsay to hire the right GM and coach?

Not that I trust him to hire the right ones.

It's the trust too fire the 2 bozos he already as on the payroll.. haha

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i dont think grigson was a good drafter at all far from  it but he did hold guys accountable that was my point.   you have to be honest the teams under him and chuck over performed based on the talent level .  while ballards teams have more talent but never live up to the hype .     bringing  in vontae davis freeman ty hilton ryan kelly it wasnt all bad . 

its not like grigson ignored the line his picks just didnt hit he went after guards tackles and centers .    he went down trying every time going all out .    i feel like having ballard being a lead scout with grigson putting the roster together would work .    you need that bad guy in the building not letting things slide . 

Sure Grigson wasn’t all bad, but he whiffed on so many free agents and draft picks it was unreal. The bad outweighed the good with him. Those Colts teams over performed, but they shouldn’t have had to; they should have had better rosters than they did, because Grigson should’ve drafted and signed better. Ballard and Grigson are almost the exact opposite of each other really

Not going to go through every point you made that is pure East Bias, but just a few things:

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

And Flus is little aggressive in Chicago. Why? Was he staying overly conservative due to Frank?

Flus is the new HC and has more input into personnel.  He's got more of his players where he wants them by making bolder moves on D this offseason that he would not have gotten as only the DC here.   Here he played how he could with what Ballard gave him.

We don't know Ballard's clear responsibilities, and how much power over some things. Like coach hires, choice of schemes (O or D), etc.. Or total power over draft, or how much input from Frank and DC. Several moves have Frank's fingerprints all over them. And things with Flus's fingerprints too. 

If Ballard does not like the Frank and Flus schemes, he has had time to do something about it.  If his defensive draft choices were truly the type who were moldable into more versatile players, then changing schemes when Flus moved on would have provided a great opportunity to let his players shine under a new scheme.   That was the narrative around here, right, that Ballard's great players were being stifled by a conservative Flus scheme. 

Frank has the Granson pick all over his face.  The rest of the picks are Ballard's.  Ballard waited until the 4th round to get Frank one of his pieces (which I hate that piece BTW).  Pitt was BPA, JT was BPA.  Ballard picked the olinemen to "fix" the oline for Luck...that wasn't Frank.   I doubt that Frank cared much about Funchess one way or the other...or Dion Cain, or Fountain.  If Frank pushed for Wentz, then Ballard pushed for Fisher.

OL..... DeGug totally remodeled the OL within 5 weeks. Found a great 5 man unit after combos. Wasn't afraid to move guys, and push. Strausser was clearly a Frank's guy. the nice type. And the OL has regressed since.

No.  Fresh talent in the form of a pick 6 Nelson, Braden Smith, and Glow remodeled the O line in 5 weeks.  Its talent...not coaching.  DeGug has not lasted more than a year anywhere after here and is now the O line coach at Lousiana Tech, IIRC.  DeGug ran off Danzelle Good who was a pretty good G for LVR. 

The oline has regressed every game for the past 5 years that AC has not played in...including the first 4 games of the Luck season when AC was injured.  The oline has regressed as it has migrated from AC to Fisher to Pryor at LT.  This is so obvious that there should be very little discussions about what was/is wrong with the oline in 2021 and 2022 compared to previous seasons

QB - Franks fingerprints are all over Rivers and Wentz. Irsay's fingerprints all over getting rid Wentz and getting Ryan. And Irsay's patience, or lack of, and belief we are "close" and "ready now", brings us to now..... Not really Ballard. And doubt Ballard wanted to give Luck unearned money, or unneeded extension for JB... 

Agree.  Rivers worked out, Wentz did not.  Irsay's meddling in the GM decisions has not turned out well, and has made both Ballard's and Frank's jobs tougher, IMO.

WR/TE -

• more scheme issues. Sorry, but we have plenty of evidence now. We've seen several guys look good/great when actually used properly.
  • Dulin has looked great when used.
  • MAC killed it, I'll say it again, killed it yesterday when part of the play calling. And Frank has a huge crush on Granson, just like he did on Burton. That's Frank. 
  • And anyone that doesn't hate the use of Campbell, simply doesn't understand scheme/reads/routes... Reich is trying to make Parris a short possession guy. He's never been that type.
  • And Pierce has looked great on 9s and intermediate and deep slants. Meh shallow possession stuff (which he never did much in college)...
  • On 2021.. We could have used Dulin last year, instead of Pascal. And Dulin is clearly better than Pascal. And we used TY as a shallow possession too. That was horrible use. Blame Reich.. 

Factually true, but conclusively biased.  There is nothing about Reich's offense that is designed to focus on one player...ever.  It is designed to spread the ball around.  This is NOT something Frank realized he needed to do just yesterday.  And Ryan is inherently better at that than Wentz is...when talent is equal for both.  You keep evaluating Frank through the lens of backup quality players like an old TY, Dulin, MAC, and PC, as if its relevant.   Evaluate Frank on how we use Pierce, Pitt, and Woods.   And Pierce is a 4 game rookie who missed one game.  You keep eluding to the idea that Frank doesn't use him well when the guy is a part time player in the first three games in the NFL.  That's an insane criticism.

And Dulin and PC will inherently play better as they develop.  You ignore development when you say they should have been used more last year.

DB - Ballard has a decent job here. If anything to complain, it's scheme and personnel use. At least Gus flipped Rodgers with Facyson a bit. The real need is to play Moore only on NB snaps. 

Ballard valued RYS over Deebo or any other WR...obviously ignoring a piece for Frank.  Now RYS had to be traded for a pass rush that Ballard could not draft.  It seems pretty clear that Ballard thinks Blackmon is a FS, considering he drafted him when we had a clear SS in Willis and Hooker's option was declined.   As has been said, Rodgers is a keeper.

50 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Not going to go through every point you made that is pure East Bias, but just a few things:

Flus is the new HC and has more input into personnel.  He's got more of his players where he wants them by making bolder moves on D this offseason that he would not have gotten as only the DC here.   Here he played how he could with what Ballard gave him.

Disagree... Flus has AQM playing 60%ish snaps on the DL. So don't act things are totally different.

He's more aggressive now. Not under Reich.

Nick is more aggressive now. Not under Reich. 

If you want to ignore obvious things, OK... 

If Ballard does not like the Frank and Flus schemes, he has had time to do something about it.  If his defensive draft choices were truly the type who were moldable into more versatile players, then changing schemes when Flus moved on would have provided a great opportunity to let his players shine under a new scheme.   That was the narrative around here, right, that Ballard's great players were being stifled by a conservative Flus scheme. 

We have no clue how much Ballard has power over scheme, or power over coach hires.

Most GM and Owners partner on HC hire.

The HC picks assistants, and GM is only support (search, contract, and negotiation). 

Frank has the Granson pick all over his face.  The rest of the picks are Ballard's.  Ballard waited until the 4th round to get Frank one of his pieces (which I hate that piece BTW).  Pitt was BPA, JT was BPA.  Ballard picked the olinemen to "fix" the oline for Luck...that wasn't Frank.   I doubt that Frank cared much about Funchess one way or the other...or Dion Cain, or Fountain.  If Frank pushed for Wentz, then Ballard pushed for Fisher.

No.  Fresh talent in the form of a pick 6 Nelson, Braden Smith, and Glow remodeled the O line in 5 weeks.  Its talent...not coaching.  DeGug has not lasted more than a year anywhere after here and is now the O line coach at Lousiana Tech, IIRC.  DeGug ran off Danzelle Good who was a pretty good G for LVR. 

The oline has regressed every game for the past 5 years that AC has not played in...including the first 4 games of the Luck season when AC was injured.  The oline has regressed as it has migrated from AC to Fisher to Pryor at LT.  This is so obvious that there should be very little discussions about what was/is wrong with the oline in 2021 and 2022 compared to previous seasons

You're guessing. 

If Frank pushed Wentz? Wut? We know that. 

You're going to partly base argument on 6 and 7 round WRs.. wut lol... 

Good was never better than others. It's simple. He lost his job, for reason. If you diminish DeGug's job in 2018 (knowing the combos tried and how quickly were good), you're laughable... and same if you ignore regressions since DeGug leaving. Strausser is horrible. Explain Ryan Kelly's regression lol... has zero to do with AC.. He's had Nelson next to him. 

Agree.  Rivers worked out, Wentz did not.  Irsay's meddling in the GM decisions has not turned out well, and has made both Ballard's and Frank's jobs tougher, IMO.

Factually true, but conclusively biased.  There is nothing about Reich's offense that is designed to focus on one player...ever.  It is designed to spread the ball around.  This is NOT something Frank realized he needed to do just yesterday.  And Ryan is inherently better at that than Wentz is...when talent is equal for both.  You keep evaluating Frank through the lens of backup quality players like an old TY, Dulin, MAC, and PC, as if its relevant.   Evaluate Frank on how we use Pierce, Pitt, and Woods.   And Pierce is a 4 game rookie who missed one game.  You keep eluding to the idea that Frank doesn't use him well when the guy is a part time player in the first three games in the NFL.  That's an insane criticism.

Sorry, but you don't know our scheme. And you ignore performance of individuals when actually utilized correctly. 

Anyone knows scheme or routes, you can easily determine real targets (early reads) in each play, by watching any play (QB eyes, who is running rubs or clear outs, etc.).

If you watch closely 1Q plays (before they toss out Reich's scripts and scheme), any game, it's easily to see Pitt, RB, and Granson are obvious Frank's favorite targets. It's over and over and over.... 

Sorry, Frank sucks. Again... tell me (when stats and clear facts), when he was good calling plays. You can't. You'll write several paragraphs of blah blah that is opinion with zero fact. 

And Dulin and PC will inherently play better as they develop.  You ignore development when you say they should have been used more last year.

Development is great lol... Dulin was more talented and more athletic than Pascal last year. Pascal was better blocker... that's all. 

Ballard valued RYS over Deebo or any other WR...obviously ignoring a piece for Frank.  Now RYS had to be traded for a pass rush that Ballard could not draft.  It seems pretty clear that Ballard thinks Blackmon is a FS, considering he drafted him when we had a clear SS in Willis and Hooker's option was declined.   As has been said, Rodgers is a keeper.

Dude, do you remember our team needs in 2019 draft... we had major secondary needs... 

And do you forget we took Campbell in the 2nd too... 

You're funny.... 

We have no clue what Ballard thinks of Blackmon at FS in Gus's scheme. You're guessing.... And Hooker was drafted as a C3 FS, then changed to 2 high. Now we are C3 again..... do you forget? You're funny. 

16 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Good GM in regards to certain things yes. And I’ll say he’s way better than Grigson for sure. But I would say he’s good/solid, but not good enough. But you can’t live so much in fear of downgrading that you settle for mediocrity. People move on from great GMs all the time when they feel as if they’re franchise is stuck.

The Vikings moved from Rick Spielman who was actually pretty solid. A few years back the Packers moved on from Thompson as well. Remember Thomas Demitroff? Drafted Sam Baker and Matt Ryan in his first draft and then went on to draft Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Jake Matthews, Devonta Freeman, etc… Had multiple winning seasons, won executive of the year, and had a SuperBowl experience.

Whats weird is this “well we might get worse” mentality with fans when it comes to FO changes. People here said the same thing about Pagano and Grigson. We moved on and although both the guys we replaced them with our on the hot seat themselves, I think they were way better.

Im not really sure what Ballard has done to earn this “untouchable “ label from fans. His best picks are an off-ball LB, a guard, and a RB.

It’s not just fans it’s the whole league, people that have way more knowledge than any fan. That consistently put it in the 8-12 range for GMs. 

It’s also not fear of getting someone worse it’s statistics for me. The likelihood of going from a 8-12 range GM to someone better is low. 

The worse thing on his record is QB but that’s because he listened to who his coach wanted, Reich wanted Rivers he got Rivers. Reich is stated to having to push and convince him to trade for Wentz, so he got Wentz. Ryan was more of a desperate move because the owner forced them to get rid of Wentz. 

11 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

It’s not just fans it’s the whole league, people that have way more knowledge than any fan. That consistently put it in the 8-12 range for GMs. 

It’s also not fear of getting someone worse it’s statistics for me. The likelihood of going from a 8-12 range GM to someone better is low. 

The worse thing on his record is QB but that’s because he listened to who his coach wanted, Reich wanted Rivers he got Rivers. Reich is stated to having to push and convince him to trade for Wentz, so he got Wentz. Ryan was more of a desperate move because the owner forced them to get rid of Wentz. 

Should've stayed with Rivers

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I agree.  I want to see what this team can do with a new coach.   

Honestly I don't care to be honest, but looking at it logically, and fairly.

Most look at this with emotion, and have a zero clue how he compares to other GMs. 

Obviously, he's respected in circles, and his roster management is graded high. 

59 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Honestly I don't care to be honest, but looking at it logically, and fairly.

Most look at this with emotion, and have a zero clue how he compares to other GMs. 

Obviously, he's respected in circles, and his roster management is graded high. 

Again. So was Rick Spielman. So was Bill Polian. That doesn’t matter when you put out a disappointing product on the field year after year. 

7 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Again. So was Rick Spielman. So was Bill Polian. That doesn’t matter when you put out a disappointing product on the field year after year. 

Some believe the bad product is due to bad coaching. 

And perhaps some bad choices/decisions might be due to others... 

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Some believe the bad product is due to bad coaching. 

And perhaps some bad choices/decisions might be due to others... 

Frank Reich is most definitely on the hot seat. I agree that he probably should be the first to go. But I think it might be best to just let him and Ballard go at the same time. They’re equally to blame for the state of the team. When your players are on Twitter complaining about the lack of stability at QB, that’s not something that changing the HC is going to fix.

47 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Frank Reich is most definitely on the hot seat. I agree that he probably should be the first to go. But I think it might be best to just let him and Ballard go at the same time. They’re equally to blame for the state of the team. When your players are on Twitter complaining about the lack of stability at QB, that’s not something that changing the HC is going to fix.

I disagree. 

Frank pushed for Rivers and Wentz. 

Irsay pushed to get rid of Wentz, and likely for Ryan. 

I don't see Ballard's fingerprints on the QB drama over the last 4 years lol... 

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I disagree. 

So what are the QBs Ballard wanted besides Brissett? All of that is also speculation, but I’m not sure Ballard had any better alternatives either. It’s not like he was going to draft a QB.

14 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

So what are the QBs Ballard wanted besides Brissett? All of that is also speculation, but I’m not sure Ballard had any better alternatives either. It’s not like he was going to draft a QB.

Rivers had a relationship/history with Frank. It's logical. Not a big leap, even a small one. 

Ballard said Frank had to convince him (on Wentz)... it's not speculation. 

We know Irsay Wentz gone. Not speculation.

We don't know about Ryan, but wouldn't blame anyone for Ryan. Everyone likely agreed it was best option. 

On JB. I don't see Ballard is the pusher for JB. I doubt Ballard wanted to send Luck with unearned cash when he left (Irsay decision), and doubt wanted to extend JB when he didn't need to. 

49 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I disagree. 

Ballard should have either pushed hard for Rivers to come back OR this off season, tried a contract swap with the 49ers with them taking on Wentz (if we knew we were going to ship him off) while we got Jimmy G and his contract in return for a playing time based 3rd rounder from their side and 2nd rounder from our side (I think Lynch would have taken it). Jimmy G would have restructured to make it happen, IMO.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Ballard should have either pushed hard for Rivers to come back OR this off season, tried a contract swap with the 49ers with them taking on Wentz (if we knew we were going to ship him off) while we got Jimmy G and his contract in return for a playing time based 3rd rounder from their side and 2nd rounder from our side (I think Lynch would have taken it). Jimmy G would have restructured to make it happen, IMO.

Almost zero fans wanted Jimmy.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Almost zero fans wanted Jimmy.

Yeah, if you listen to the fans mostly, you will be sitting with them. Famous Bill Polian quote. :) 

We had a history of dealing with the 49ers, so just like we'd be glad to ship Wentz to the NFC, they'd be glad to ship Jimmy G to the AFC.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Jimmy would look like JB with Reich. 

Frank isn't Kyle (scheme)

True, I agree there. Matt Ryan is probably thinking that too, "man, Kyle was better..." he is thinking but not saying it out of kindness. :) 

While Reich is thinking "Rivers had a quicker trigger than you, Matt..." but not saying it too. :) 

Just speculating. 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

True, I agree there. Matt Ryan is probably thinking that too, "man, Kyle was better..." he is thinking but not saying it out of kindness. :) 

While Reich is thinking "Rivers had a quicker trigger than you, Matt..." but not saying it too. :) 

Just speculating. 

Jimmy is bad, but he's just limited. He'd probably good/decent in TN too. Needs the right match/scheme. 

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Jimmy is bad, but he's just limited. He'd probably good/decent in TN too. Needs the right match/scheme. 

Jimmy is more limited than bad. He has a high floor but bad ceiling. Not a guy that can be relied in a shootout. 

Just protect Matt Ryan guys, he will keep us in games, and Matt...please take the sacks over fumbles. Give up yourself and curl if a DL is coming for ya. :) 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Jimmy is more limited than bad. He has a high floor but bad ceiling. Not a guy that can be relied in a shootout. 

Just protect Matt Ryan guys, he will keep us in games, and Matt...please take the sacks over fumbles. Give up yourself and curl if a DL is coming for ya. :) 

Sorry, meant saying Jimmy is not bad. 

We need a new play caller. That will help OL, RB, and QB.

On 10/2/2022 at 6:04 PM, Zoltan said:

I will post this here as well: 

I would like Irsay to take the Jeffrey Lurie approach and keep Ballard like Lurie has kept Howie Roseman. Roseman has fired 3 coaches in his tenure with the Eagles including Pederson, and Andy Reid. Lurie knows how hard it is to find a good GM and doesn't blame Roseman for coaching failures.

This team's biggest issues are coaching issues, we don't prepare for games or the season well, and play calling is meh at best. Just looking at Nick Sirianni and how he has adjusted his offense to the players he has, it would of been nice to see him call plays when he was here as the OC because the offense seems to be missing what his strength is.

As for Ballard, one of his problems has been getting what Frank wanted, Frank wanted Rivers he got Rivers, Frank wanted Wentz he got Wentz.

-This years draft class has played very well since there has not been a 1st rounder. Pierce (2nd), Woods (3rd), Cross (3rd), even Rodney Thomas had a good game as a 7th.

-Last years: Paye, Dayo, are getting better every game. Sam Ehlinger is showing he could be a good backup as a 6th rounder, Strachan has made some good catches as a 6th pick.

-2020: Pittman, Taylor, Blackmon, Rodgers as a 6th should be getting more playing time, Pinter a good backup but shouldn't be a starter in the 5th

-His worst draft has been 2019 for sure though and most are on other teams or Willis Retired but even then EJ speed in the 6th has shown up this year, and Okereke has been good as a 3rd rounder.

He has a a great hit rate in the middle to late rounds, which is not normal. I trust him to find the right rookie QB for this team, and the right coach for this team. Reich was a late hire after McDaniels backed out the last minute, and he looked good at first but he hasn't been able to adapt, which has allowed our divisional rivals to learn how to beat us. The best coaches adapt well and you can see it with the top teams.

I’ll admit, I have been put off by Ballard and voted to fire him.  But this is a very well written observation and one I cannot disagree.  Makes me think a bit about my disgust with Ballard and how it may be slightly misplaced because of the horrendous coaching job of Reich.  

12 hours ago, chickenMan said:

Kind of hypocritical statement. Ryan is getting killed now. 

Luck played with reckless abandon several years, and took shots he shouldn’t have. Does the take away that Grigson failed to build a good OL? Absolutely not.

To say Grigson didn’t try is ridiculous. He signed a lot of FAs, that simply didn’t pan out, even though they played better for their former teams. All that, while having Castonzo manning the LT spot and eventually adding R. Kelly and J. Mewhort, who was above average, but just couldn’t stay healthy. 

Ballard inherited Castonzo and Kelly, drafted Nelson and Smith and was anointed a genius GM out the gate practically. 

Now that Castonzo is retired and the OL is a mess, should Ballard get off the hook…

Archived