AKB

POLL: SHOULD CHRIS BALLARD BE FIRED?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD CHRIS BALLARD BE FIRED?

• YES
    • NO
    • GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE WITH A DIFFERENT COACH NEXT YEAR

8 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Okay, but Tennessee stands fourth from the bottom of the NFL in points scored at 18.8. I'm not finding much encouragement or progress in allowing them 24 points, which tied their season high. 

I would tend to agree with you if colts made no adjustments. They benched players and changed their personel.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Reich is average to above average. He doesn't stink and things could get worse if we bring in someone new. When we had Chuck, there was at least 50 posters that said he sucked and he got buried. I honestly think %wise no matter who we get if Frank gets fired, there will be a small % that is happy. What if Sean Payton comes in here and goes 8-9 next year for example. Then what? homer simpson laughing GIF

if you look back at those threads i stuck up for chuck a lot .    chuck wasnt as bad as people thought if you look at the rosters he had to coach with .  bottom 5 offensive line bottom 5 run  game   bottom 5 defense .     we had luck go down and chuck was handed one of the worst rosters in the nfl and still won games with multiple QBS with those horrible rosters . 

i would watch chuck throw blitzes at offenses and  some how the QB still  had 8 seconds to throw the ball .    he even would start rushing 4 and playing zone because of how bad the pass rush was .    its a miracle some of the games he won with out luck and that roster .  

to me it all starts with talent i dont care if you are the best coach in the nfl you are not winning games  with a terrible QB and roster on a regular basis .   we need to fix the talent level  at the skill positions and other premium spots like left tackle and edge rusher . 

guys are losing one on one battles look at the game break downs on twitter   it shows you the right plays are being called but guys on defense are missing open field tackles .   its the same on offense wrs are not winning one on one battles and the offensive line is losing one on one battles and blowing up plays .   

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

if you look back at those threads i stuck up for chuck a lot .    chuck wasnt as bad as people thought if you look at the rosters he had to coach with .  bottom 5 offensive line bottom 5 run  game   bottom 5 defense .     we had luck go down and chuck was handed one of the worst rosters in the nfl and still won games with multiple QBS with those horrible rosters . 

i would watch chuck throw blitzes at offenses and  some how the QB still  had 8 seconds to throw the ball .    he even would start rushing 4 and playing zone because of how bad the pass rush was .    its a miracle some of the games he won with out luck and that roster .  

to me it all starts with talent i dont care if you are the best coach in the nfl you are not winning games  with a terrible QB and roster on a regular basis .   we need to fix the talent level  at the skill positions and other premium spots like left tackle and edge rusher . 

guys are losing one on one battles look at the game break downs on twitter   it shows you the right plays are being called but guys on defense are missing open field tackles .   its the same on offense wrs are not winning one on one battles and the offensive line is losing one on one battles and blowing up plays .   

You were a rare one because almost everyone bashed Chuck weekly and wanted him gone, I remember. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You were a rare one because almost everyone bashed Chuck weekly and wanted him gone, I remember. 

i remember people were sticking up for grigson a lot .   i remember getting into it with posters who were saying grigson  is trying to fix the line pointing to jack mewhort and thornton as good guards   .     people 100 percent thought the roster was better then it was .   people we were an all star team because we got andre johnson frank gore and that line backer from the browns  along with  landry .      they thought levon brazil  vick ballard were gonna be studs . 

it wasnt until 2015  and 2016 when the forum started turning on grigson heavily .

On 10/4/2022 at 12:32 PM, Flash7 said:

1. Let's not forget that if Ballard had his way, his head coach of choice would have been McDaniels. That's a very questionable decision. He landed on Reich and if you have issues with Reich, then logically you must also have an issue with Ballard's decision making. It was after all, Ballard who hired Reich.

I'm with you on McDaniels, but nobody thought he would turn out to be such an * (coming from NE I guess he should've known, but hindsight...), meaning it's hard to blame Ballard for Reich as he was unexpectedly put in a spot to get a HC quickly. The big mistake was letting Reich be the OC also, something I have never been a fan of.

He took into consideration Rivers and Wentz's relationship to his head coach, sure, but he made the final decision. They didn't work.

? Rivers had a good year and led us to the playoffs. How is that "not working?

10 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I'm with you on McDaniels, but nobody thought he would turn out to be such an * (coming from NE I guess he should've known, but hindsight...), meaning it's hard to blame Ballard for Reich as he was unexpectedly put in a spot to get a HC quickly. The big mistake was letting Reich be the OC also, something I have never been a fan of.

? Rivers had a good year and led us to the playoffs. How is that "not working?

Rivers was good, but a 1-year stop gap, which put Ballard right back to square 1 in the QB search. It didn’t address the QB issue.

On 10/4/2022 at 2:01 PM, philba101 said:

Simple, our GM and Coach don't have a Super Bowl win on their resumes. 

Even if was true (it's not), so? Of all the great coaches in NFL history, few had a SB win on their resume. Based on your logic, they should have never been hired. That's a ridiculous reason to hire or not hire a GM or coach in itself because so much goes into winning a SB, including more than a little luck. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

i just want you to read this a look how the same people who defended grigson are now defending ballard .  its the same progression .    some people will non stop defend the gm always . 

13 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Rivers was good, but a 1-year stop gap, which put Ballard right back to square 1 in the QB search. It didn’t address the QB issue.

It did for one year. Without a first round pick that year, his chances of getting a good QB were slim. And there was some hope Rivers would last more than one year. I think given all the facts at the time, it was a sound move, and I don't recall hearing much grumbling about it.

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i just want you to read this a look how the same people who defended grigson are now defending ballard .

There were people defending Grigson? LOL 

30 minutes ago, jonjon said:

It did for one year. Without a first round pick that year, his chances of getting a good QB were slim. And there was some hope Rivers would last more than one year. I think given all the facts at the time, it was a sound move, and I don't recall hearing much grumbling about it.

There were people defending Grigson? LOL 

it was split  between  the forum  but there were a group of posters going at grigson nonstop and a group non stop defending him calling us spoiled for complaining about grigson when we were making the playoffs under grigson .  

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

it was split  between  the forum  but there were a group of posters going at grigson nonstop and a group non stop defending him calling us spoiled for complaining about grigson when we were making the playoffs under grigson .  

Was there a poll?

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

i just want you to read this a look how the same people who defended grigson are now defending ballard .  its the same progression .    some people will non stop defend the gm always . 

Perfect example why not much will change no matter who is running the Colts. Only thing that will make people happy is if we win a SB. I am convinced of that.

29 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Was there a poll?

I can't remember if there was a poll but most wanted Grigs and Chucky gone as far as back at the end of 2015. After we went 8-8 coming off of an 11-5 season in 2014. Almost everyone was complaining that Grigs did nothing to try and get a Line for Andrew, now Ballard tries and now it is Ballard does very little to get position players. chuckling homer simpson GIF- I want to add the Chuck bashing was so horrendous in here that I almost left.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't remember if there was a poll but most wanted Grigs and Chucky gone as far as back at the end of 2015. After we went 8-8 coming off of an 11-5 season in 2014. Almost everyone was complaining that Grigs did nothing to try and get a Line for Andrew, now Ballard tries and now it is Ballard does very little to get position players. chuckling homer simpson GIF- I want to add the Chuck bashing was so horrendous in here that I almost left.

Didn't hate Pagano. Didn't love him or anything though. He was a D guy. Didn't like Grigson though. 

But yes... 

Then - "we ignore OL"

Now - "we pay too much for OL"

lol

Which was mostly because of Luck. lol @ "we made the playoffs so Grigson is good." Yeah it was genius how he ignored the OL when he had one of the best QBs to come down the pike ever, sheer genius

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Didn't hate Pagano. Didn't love him or anything though. He was a D guy. Didn't like Grigson though. 

But yes... 

Then - "we ignore OL"

Now - "we pay too much for OL"

lol

Yeah it is like we can't win for losing as the saying goes. I will say I didn't like Grigs at all, he was gifted a rare generational QB so his record was good but he did not give him the tools to win a Championship. I would have gave anything to be a GM and get gifted Andrew Luck for my #1 pick. We still had Reggie too, Grigs did nail getting TY but that was about it. He made some mindboggling moves in Free Agency and his drafting was lousy other than TY. Andrew was a no brainer. Ballard is better but stubborn, he won't get a big name WR in Free Agency to try to put us over the top. Matt Ryan is 37 years old and needs help. That is why I wanted TY back or maybe a Cole Beasly which could have easily been done. Both want to play, Bucs pick up Beasly like it was nothing. TY is just sitting there and we are relying on Patmon and Strachan lmao 

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it is like we can't win for losing as the saying goes. I will say I didn't like Grigs at all, he was gifted a rare generational QB so his record was good but he did not give him the tools to win a Championship. I would have gave anything to be a GM and get gifted Andrew Luck for my #1 pick. We still had Reggie too, Grigs did nail getting TY but that was about it. He made some mindboggling moves in Free Agency and his drafting was lousy other than TY. Andrew was a no brainer. Ballard is better but stubborn, he won't get a big name WR in Free Agency to try to put us over the top. Matt Ryan is 37 years old and needs help. That is why I wanted TY back or maybe a Cole Beasly which could have easily been done. Both want to play, Bucs pick up Beasly like it was nothing. TY is just sitting there and we are relying on Patmon and Strachan lmao 

It's hard to grade GMs (fairly). Regardless who. We don't who pushing things. Is the owner meddling. Is the Coach asking for something? How much power does the GM have. Are they a boss, or a "partner"... We really can only grade drafts and contract negotiations with confidence. And not perfect confidence lol. 

5 hours ago, coming on strong said:

you nailed it

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

I honestly feel like they should trade Moore and start Rodgers in the slot.

The way Moore’s playing right now how much could we realistically get? It can’t be much…

Now, if he’s also coursing problems in the lockerroom we’re not getting anything. 

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Perfect example why not much will change no matter who is running the Colts. Only thing that will make people happy is if we win a SB. I am convinced of that.

that is 100 percent true   but that is part of being on a forum and being a fan is the debate .     i wasnt on here during the manning years but i was on other message boards and colts fans were calling manning a choker and going after dungy  as soft .    on here the debate is very tame compared to other sites  though . 

15 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

you nailed it

its the same thing that happened to the colts in 2006  the defense was horrible worst run defense in the nfl  .  then all the sudden in the playoffs that run defense started shutting every one down .   it was the same scheme in the playoffs the only difference is guys were not missing open field tackles and getting beat one on one .      that is the same problem today its players not being sharp as dungy put it

45 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

its the same thing that happened to the colts in 2006  the defense was horrible worst run defense in the nfl  .  then all the sudden in the playoffs that run defense started shutting every one down .   it was the same scheme in the playoffs the only difference is guys were not missing open field tackles and getting beat one on one .      that is the same problem today its players not being sharp as dungy put it

Bob Sanders was out for 12 games that is why the defense struggled. You would not think 1 guy would make a difference but he did in the playoffs. 

that is 100 percent true   but that is part of being on a forum and being a fan is the debate .     i wasnt on here during the manning years but i was on other message boards and colts fans were calling manning a choker and going after dungy  as soft .    on here the debate is very tame compared to other sites  though . 

I know only 1 team can win it all each year so with me I am happy with every win we get and just being a top 10 team in the league that gives me joy = fun to watch. Winning a SB is damn near impossible for most teams anyway % wise. Pats were an outlier from 2014-2018 but even they went 9 seasons from 2005-2013 without winning a SB. 

I wish we could win the SB every year but it doesn't work like that. We won one with Peyton Manning one!  He is arguably the GOAT, Dan Marino won zero, zero in 18 seasons! Fans need to get a grip and not be spoiled because we won a lot of games with Peyton and Luck. I think that is the problem in here with many. It makes great posters into complainers when we don't win. I just take it game by game and roll with it. I have been a fan since 1984. Trust me, nothing was worse from 1984-1986. We were a joke, in 1991 with George we went 1-15, damn near 0-16. We beat the Jets by a point. People in here need more patience would be my advice. 

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know only 1 team can win it all each year so with me I am happy with every win we get and just being a top 10 team in the league that gives me joy = fun to watch. Winning a SB is damn near impossible for most teams anyway % wise. Pats were an outlier from 2014-2018 but even they went 9 seasons from 2005-2013 without winning a SB. 

I wish we could win the SB every year but it doesn't work like that. We won one with Peyton Manning one!  He is arguably the GOAT, Dan Marino won zero, zero in 18 seasons! Fans need to get a grip and not be spoiled because we won a lot of games with Peyton and Luck. I think that is the problem in here with many. It makes great posters into complainers when we don't win. I just take it game by game and roll with it. I have been a fan since 1984. Trust me, nothing was worse from 1984-1986. We were a joke, in 1991 with George we went 1-15, damn near 0-16. We beat the Jets by a point. People in here need more patience would be my advice. 

i was happy during the manning years even though the team had so many one and done playoff games .   i could see the talent in every key spot the players just didnt play up to their ability .      during the grigson years i was extremely frustrated though because we had  luck who was amazing but carry the team .   now i get frustrated because ballard is crowned as a top gm in the league but the team just has a lot of flaws .    i dont expect to win every year i just want ownership to make the right moves when things go wrong .   something is wrong so far this year i will wait and see if we get going and i hope we do but i am honestly skeptical of ballard being a top gm .

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

this is my problem with ballard and reich as well .  look ballard made some good draft picks but its not turning into wins  as much as it should .     i think the biggest reason is weapons on offense left tackle and right guard .     the defense is not playing bad 21 points per game in todays nfl is pretty good ; 14 points per game on offense is bad .

the turnover ratio and some luck played a massive part last year in keeping the colts at 9-8    .     this year we are not getting turnovers and the team has trouble finishing games without them .

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I honestly feel like they should trade Moore and start Rodgers in the slot.

Frank's body language has been awkward for a while. 

And pretty clear / obvious he has "team" issues

Team gave up last 2 games last year. 

And given penalties and turnovers (both scream undisciplined team), obvious issues.  

21 hours ago, coming on strong said:

It was very similar to what’s going on now. Some only blamed the coach, some only blamed the GM. In the end, both eventually were let go… a good portion wanted a change for the sake of having a change. But as we know and have seen, that doesn’t always work out the way we want and expect. Every year, 31 teams fail to win the Super Bowl. Every year, 18 teams fail even further by not making the playoffs. 

I'm starting to go against the offense has no weapons point. Taylor and Pittman have become great weapons, and we have some promising players in Woods, Pierce and Campbell at least when Campbell is healthy. I'm more surprised how little targets Campbell is getting because he is leading the team in creating separation.

Just now, coming on strong said:

this is my problem with ballard and reich as well .  look ballard made some good draft picks but its not turning into wins  as much as it should .     i think the biggest reason is weapons on offense left tackle and right guard .     the defense is not playing bad 21 points per game in todays nfl is pretty good ; 14 points per game on offense is bad .

the turnover ratio and some luck played a massive part last year in keeping the colts at 9-8    .     this year we are not getting turnovers and the team has trouble finishing games without them .

Like I've said, I'm fair. And don't know (only guess) which decisions he is truly responsible for (aside scouting and contraction).. 

So it's a fool errand to me (or anyone). I'd like to see him with a new HC, and then grade. 

But on the tweet topic / message.... which is more important... 

The media is horrible. Dakich is too lol... But at least he doesn't carry water like others do. 

Majority of Indy media are horrible. No real objective reporting. It's sunshine pumping from 99%. 

At least Dakich and Calabro call stuff out at times. 

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I'm starting to go against the offense has no weapons point. Taylor and Pittman have become great weapons, and we have some promising players in Woods, Pierce and Campbell at least when Campbell is healthy. I'm more surprised how little targets Campbell is getting because he is leading the team in creating separation.

Routes.

Route combos.

Route priority (progression order).

General personnel usage. 

General play calling (timing, and frequency).. 

Not pretty. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Like I've said, I'm fair. And don't know (only guess) which decisions he is truly responsible for (aside scouting and contraction).. 

So it's a fool errand to me (or anyone). I'd like to see him with a new HC, and then grade. 

But on the tweet topic / message.... which is more important... 

The media is horrible. Dakich is too lol... But at least he doesn't carry water like others do. 

Majority of Indy media are horrible. No real objective reporting. It's sunshine pumping from 99%. 

At least Dakich and Calabro call stuff out at times. 

It’s sunshine because Ballard has been more cordial with the media. Grigson was hated by Indy media because he actively tried to avoid them. He was never candid and tried to be as close to the vest as possible. That rubbed Indy reporters the wrong way. Ballard has in the past been very open about his plans and thoughts. 

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It’s sunshine because Ballard has been more cordial with the media. Grigson was hated by Indy media because he actively tried to avoid them. He was never candid and tried to be as close to the vest as possible. That rubbed Indy reporters the wrong way. Ballard has in the past been very open about his plans and thoughts. 

Shouldn't matter (sunshine). Media is supposed to be objective. Supposed to ask hard questions. And never carry water. NEVER... Doesn't matter GM's personal. Ballard and Frank had a bunch cheerleaders, instead reporters. 

And all this "open" stuff is surface info. No detail. Mostly GM/coach speak. He simply talked more, and was more polished. Acting like he's giving us "deep" or "inside" stuff, is LOL...

Archived