1. 1. SHOULD CHRIS BALLARD BE FIRED?

• YES
    • NO
    • GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE WITH A DIFFERENT COACH NEXT YEAR

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will post this here as well: 

I would like Irsay to take the Jeffrey Lurie approach and keep Ballard like Lurie has kept Howie Roseman. Roseman has fired 3 coaches in his tenure with the Eagles including Pederson, and Andy Reid. Lurie knows how hard it is to find a good GM and doesn't blame Roseman for coaching failures.

This team's biggest issues are coaching issues, we don't prepare for games or the season well, and play calling is meh at best. Just looking at Nick Sirianni and how he has adjusted his offense to the players he has, it would of been nice to see him call plays when he was here as the OC because the offense seems to be missing what his strength is.

As for Ballard, one of his problems has been getting what Frank wanted, Frank wanted Rivers he got Rivers, Frank wanted Wentz he got Wentz.

-This years draft class has played very well since there has not been a 1st rounder. Pierce (2nd), Woods (3rd), Cross (3rd), even Rodney Thomas had a good game as a 7th.

-Last years: Paye, Dayo, are getting better every game. Sam Ehlinger is showing he could be a good backup as a 6th rounder, Strachan has made some good catches as a 6th pick.

-2020: Pittman, Taylor, Blackmon, Rodgers as a 6th should be getting more playing time, Pinter a good backup but shouldn't be a starter in the 5th

-His worst draft has been 2019 for sure though and most are on other teams or Willis Retired but even then EJ speed in the 6th has shown up this year, and Okereke has been good as a 3rd rounder.

He has a a great hit rate in the middle to late rounds, which is not normal. I trust him to find the right rookie QB for this team, and the right coach for this team. Reich was a late hire after McDaniels backed out the last minute, and he looked good at first but he hasn't been able to adapt, which has allowed our divisional rivals to learn how to beat us. The best coaches adapt well and you can see it with the top teams.

Simply beccause Reich has been so bad at calling plays, im almost interested in what another play caller can do with this same roster. would we feel different if the players were being used better?

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Yes. Don’t like his team building and very much doubt he will change his approach. He’s had enough time to produce a winner. 

The only thing he hasn't really had is a consistent QB. Is he to blame for that?

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

lol the Ballard lovers.

Here's my  biggest concerns I have about Ballard. Qb evaluation if we r to believe supposed rumors. It was rumored he loved Love and Fields. I hated both. If that was true then I want him no where near my next choice at qb.

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Simply beccause Reich has been so bad at calling plays, im almost interested in what another play caller can do with this same roster. would we feel different if the players were being used better?

Bingo!  This is exactly what I'm thinking.  Get rid of Frank and his play calling and give it to someone else to see if the talent rises to the occasion.  If it does then you know Ballard did at least a credible job in drafting and Frank wasn't using that talent wisely (thus you can keep Ballard around).  If said new coach does just as badly then at least you gave the talent a chance to show some improvement and you can evaluate them as they played under both coaching schemes.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Here's my  biggest concerns I have about Ballard. Qb evaluation if we r to believe supposed rumors. It was rumored he loved Love and Fields. I hated both. If that was true then I want him no where near my next choice at qb.

where is this poor QB evaluation narrative coming from? The only QB he has really missed on has been Jacob Eason.

Let's be honest. I think 90% of people on those forum felt the areas of least concern were Ryan and the Oline. Well, they have been brutal. Frank maybe a poor play caller but do u see a lot of coaches doing better with Ryan coughing up 10 and your 20 million guard impersonating a rotisserie??

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

where is this poor QB evaluation narrative coming from? The only QB he has really missed on has been Jacob Eason.

Well it was rumored he liked Love and Fields. They were wrong on Brissettt and they even gave him more money. By all accounts they were wrong on Wentz and now Ryan. Should I go on??

1 minute ago, jbaron04 said:

We have to let go of the glory days the colts are what we are , we haven’t won the division since 2014  every other team has won it in that span 

I think because we made it as a wild card a few times people forget we haven't won our divison in a long time. 

Well it was rumored he liked Love and Fields. They were wrong on Brissettt and they even gave him more money. By all accounts they were wrong on Wentz and now Ryan. Should I go on??

Key word there "Rumored"

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He wasn't wrong on Wentz. Wentz put up respectable stats. Also, rumors are rumors. lets speak facts here. 

And Ryan hasn't necessarily played that bad yet... the fumbles are an outlier and have more to do with line play i'd assume. his rating is still over 100 i believe. 

also this narrative doesn't match with Sam Ehlinger and his play as of late.. but i guess you'll come up with another reason he's bad at evaluating QBs. 

the reality is that he hasn't taken one in the first yet, so we really don't know. also as many others have stated, it appears he was picking QBs to match Reich. 

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

The only thing he hasn't really had is a consistent QB. Is he to blame for that?

Eh, in my mind we are lacking at QB, LT, WR and Edge. 

When you preach win-now-mode you don’t draft guys who need 2-3 seasons of development - that’s entirely on Ballard. 

He hasn’t really done anything at QB in my opinion. 
  Rivers was done - that’s why the Chargers went after Herbert. 
  There were SEVERAL rumours coming out of Philly about Wentz about his short-colings. 
  When a franchise wants to move on from a QB by making a MAJOR move for another QB, he’s not going to be a franchise saviour - Ryan is ALSO a bandaid. 

AC was signaling he wanted to retire for a long time and Ballard replaced him with a LT coming of an achilles injury. 

There are several more examples, but it can generally be summed up to Ballard replacing production with potential. You don’t build a roster based on hope. 

7 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Reich can call 9 plays that succeed and 1 that doesn’t (could be a bad play called, bad execution or a great play by the opponent), and the narrative becomes “Reich is a bad play caller”. 
     Everybody is entitled to their opinion but repeating a misconception doesn’t make it true.

Firing anybody this early in the season (especially we’re starting to see some progress) is a little premature IMHO

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

Reich can call 9 plays that succeed and 1 that doesn’t (could be a bad play called, bad execution or a great play by the opponent), and the narrative becomes “Reich is a bad play caller”. 
     Everybody is entitled to their opinion but repeating a misconception doesn’t make it true.

Firing anybody this early in the season (especially we’re starting to see some progress) is a little premature IMHO

im not gonna get into this with you, it is the overwhelming majority on this forum that believe reich is bad and predictable,. someone else might debate it with you, i won't it's too obvious. 

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

Every coach has bad play calls every game. Difference is talent can overcome it. Colts don’t have the talent.

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Let's be honest. I think 90% of people on those forum felt the areas of least concern were Ryan and the Oline. Well, they have been brutal. Frank maybe a poor play caller but do u see a lot of coaches doing better with Ryan coughing up 10 and your 20 million guard impersonating a rotisserie??

Honest question(s).

Do you understand Reich's scheme? Including OL scheme?

Or his attitude about WRs when he says "multiples", or on RBs when he says "interchangeable"

And how this impacts our plays and players?

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

QB, EDGE, LT, WR. We currently have no one long term for these positions. 

Pittman & Pierce at WR

Kwity Paye at Edge

I agree with LT & QB

some could say Raimann is the future at LT (we havent seen enough)

Just now, EastStreet said:

Honest question(s).

Or his attitude about WRs when he says "multiples", or on RBs when he says "interchangeable"

Lol hines looked real interchangeable when he came in didn't he?

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

A lot of people loved them. GB has a great history of drafting QBs, and they took Love. Besides, those were just the options that were somewhat realistic for us to draft. I'm sure that had a lot to do with his reported opinions on them.

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

A lot of people loved them. GB has a great history of drafting QBs, and they took Love. Besides, those were just the options that were somewhat realistic for us to draft. I'm sure that had a lot to do with his reported opinions on them.

clearly he didnt take either one, so idk why moose is even bringing it up. lets talk facts

5 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Most think you have a misconception. 

After watching several years, it's not 9 great play calls, and one bad... 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Most think you have a misconception. 

After watching several years, it's not 9 great play calls, and one bad... 

yep, like i said, people on here are definitely over Reich

Starting the season flat every single year = coaching.  In game collapses, Pittsburgh,  Baltimore = coaching.  Late season collapses = coaching.  For whatever reason, Frank does not have them ready to play for 4 quarters and 16-17 games.

Ballard isn't perfect, but you could do a lot worse.  Irsay will allow him to hire his own coach and see it through.  That's my prediction anyway.  Ballard does need to alter his approach some.  

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

some could say Raimann is the future at LT (we havent seen enough)

Lol hines looked real interchangeable when he came in didn't he?

I wince anytime I hear "multiples" and/or "interchangeable" from him. 

Points to stubbornness, staleness, and screams bad personnel utilization. 

I thought when Pierce caught that 44 yard pass, we were going to pull another great comeback. Ballard has done well overall IMO, Nelson and Leonard were great picks, so was Taylor. Pittman, Pierce, and Woods look like they will be good. If I had to actually vote, I would see Frank to the door I would love Sean Payton here as @EastStreetalluded too but Irsay will never do it IMO. I voted give him another chance with a different coach and I don't think Frank sucks but this just isn't working. We need someone in here that solid good to great.

Just now, #12. said:

Starting the season flat every single year = coaching.  In game collapses, Pittsburgh,  Baltimore = coaching.  Late season collapses = coaching.  For whatever reason, Frank does not have them ready to play for 4 quarters and 16-17 games.

Ballard isn't perfect, but you could do a lot worse.  Irsay will allow him to hire his own coach and see it through.  That's my prediction anyway.  Ballard does need to alter his approach some.  

Maybe Frank is too distracted game planning for the offense to be an effective overall coach? Perhaps he should just be an offensive coordinator. IDK. But this discussion really isn't about Reich. I feel like we have established the majority on this board do not like him. Is the Ballard roster good enough to compete with a competent NFL playcaller?

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Honest question(s).

Nope. I am learning bout football and lots to learn there is. I think thr naked eye can see Ryan and thr Oline are not playing well.

Nope. I am learning bout football and lots to learn there is. I think thr naked eye can see Ryan and thr Oline are not playing well.

I think Ryan is playing well minus the fumbles. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

The QB musical chairs blinded most. But it's same thing, regardless of QB lol.. 

im big on common denominators. 

Archived