• NO
    • GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE WITH A DIFFERENT COACH NEXT YEAR

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Well, most don't measure like you. 

Me neither... 

I so it that way because if u take the worst and beat season of a coach u can say that maybe outliers. What u rcleft with is the true record of a coach. Say a coach goes 3 -15 and then 8-8, 13-5, 9-8 and then 7-8. How would u rate that coach? I'd say he's average. That's just me. 

9 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I have been vocal everyone needs to go. So stop with this crap.

So you can repeat Ballard needs to go... but others can't repeat opinion.... ?

And you complained/reported me for "telling you what to do", and here are you... telling me what to do... huh... lol

13 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I so it that way because if u take the worst and beat season of a coach u can say that maybe outliers. What u rcleft with is the true record of a coach. Say a coach goes 3 -15 and then 8-8, 13-5, 9-8 and then 7-8. How would u rate that coach? I'd say he's average. That's just me. 

Most people (Vegas, national media, fans, etc..) believe the roster is good enough to beat teams like Houston and Jax for example. But we can't win lol... And we've incredibly inconsistency in play (both team and individuals)... 

And that's a coach thingy... not a GM thingy... 

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Probably more about Reich being horrible. 

And perhaps the same team would look better with another HC... 

Coaches/play callers... do matter.

reich fault all the  gm does what coach wants . its up the coach too work with the players and plan games , not the gm.

1 minute ago, fire cartier said:

reich fault all the  gm does what coach wants . its up the coach too work with the players and plan games , not the gm.

Wish we had clarity in terms of Ballard does, or does not do... And what Irsay is involved in. 

My gut...

Frank wanted to give JB a chance. But both Irsay and Ballard said nice things of JB... 

Given the timing, can't blame anyone... 

But why extension though? Irsay was handing unearned $ to Luck while walking out... Guessing it was "nice month"... 

Became obvious JB was not a QB1... And I'd bet Frank pushing for Rivers... And I'd also bet Frank pushed for Wentz.... both had Reich connections... 

Can't blame anyway on Matt. 99% of fans, media, and pros, said great move... 

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yes. First of all we know that it’s usually better to tie the HC and GM together. Having a lame duck GM is just as bad as having a lame duck HC.

Aside from that my other reasons are

-Has not been able to hit on the premium positions of QB, LT, DE, and WR. Although Pittman is good he passed on AJ Brown, McLauren, and DK Metcalf.

- The blatant refusal to draft a franchise QB is inexcusable. 5 diff starting QBs in his tenure. Overall he’s not a good QB talent evaluator

-He’s entirely too passive when it comes to roster building. No big trades for players at premium positions besides Buckner, never signs big FAs, and never moves up in the 1st round of the draft.

-Continues to have a trend of letting talented players walk in FA but their replacements are always downgrades. Walker to Okereke, Autry to Turray, AQ, Paye, etc.. and Glowinski to Pinter

-Drafting strategy has very clear flaws. Results in hitting on a lot of non-premium positions but better players are constantly passed over because they don’t check the “boxes”.

-Starting to show signs of favoritism as there doesn’t seem to be an attempt to bring in real competition at open spots as his “guys” are essentially handed jobs. 
-Seems to have an obsession with only running a specific defensive scheme which really should be at the head coaches discretion.

-Extends players that really don’t need to be extended instead of using the money for better FAs

-Does not seem to realize that if you don’t hit on certain positions in the draft, you’re supposed to supplement the roster with FAs. Instead over relies on late round picks an UDFA’s which creates big depth issues.

-And finally, has a reluctance to change anything about his strategy despite there being enough examples of it failing. His stubbornness and unwillingness to change or even just adapt has lead to the team being basically the same during his tenure. The Colts haven’t made any significant progress as an organization in 6 years.

Standing ovation!!!!!

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Wish we had clarity in terms of Ballard does, or does not do... And what Irsay is involved in. 

My gut...

Frank wanted to give JB a chance. But both Irsay and Ballard said nice things of JB... 

Given the timing, can't blame anyone... 

But why extension though? Irsay was handing unearned $ to Luck while walking out... Guessing it was "nice month"... 

Became obvious JB was not a QB1... And I'd bet Frank pushing for Rivers... And I'd also bet Frank pushed for Wentz.... both had Reich connections... 

Can't blame anyway on Matt. 99% of fans, media, and pros, said great move... 

we know Wentz was all Reich because Ballard said that Reich had to convince him to trade for him

8 hours ago, Zoltan said:

You also don't leave a good relationship because you think you can do better. The problem is that he is a good GM and what if you do those interviews and realize there isn't anyone better, because his draft record is actually been very good.

Sometimes the grass isn't always greener.

Good GM in regards to certain things yes. And I’ll say he’s way better than Grigson for sure. But I would say he’s good/solid, but not good enough. But you can’t live so much in fear of downgrading that you settle for mediocrity. People move on from great GMs all the time when they feel as if they’re franchise is stuck.

The Vikings moved from Rick Spielman who was actually pretty solid. A few years back the Packers moved on from Thompson as well. Remember Thomas Demitroff? Drafted Sam Baker and Matt Ryan in his first draft and then went on to draft Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Jake Matthews, Devonta Freeman, etc… Had multiple winning seasons, won executive of the year, and had a SuperBowl experience.

Whats weird is this “well we might get worse” mentality with fans when it comes to FO changes. People here said the same thing about Pagano and Grigson. We moved on and although both the guys we replaced them with our on the hot seat themselves, I think they were way better.

Im not really sure what Ballard has done to earn this “untouchable “ label from fans. His best picks are an off-ball LB, a guard, and a RB.

Yes, he should at this point. The problem isn't necessarily that he can't draft players (which is generally why most GMs get fired), it's that he drafts players at non-premium positions that hit, prioritizes players at non-premium positions, then doubles-down on that viewpoint over many years by not changing his philosophy on said viewpoint. He doesn't view WR as important, he doesn't draft a franchise QB in 3 years when I have already named every possible QB that has been available in the last three years in either a reasonable trade up, or that would have been available at our pick. He misses on EDGE, he gives big contracts to non-premium positions (which looked ok originally, but is catching up to us), and most of the AFC has drafted a franchise QB and we are WAY behind the 8-ball. 

Ballard is also not learning from his mistakes, so he needs to go. I don't want him with his hands on another coach, corrupting him with his policies and viewpoints. Start fresh. Hopefully keeps Ed Dodds if possible and just cut the head off the snake.

I'm very torn. I really like Ballard and I love some of his processes(example - generally I like trading down and I think it's one of the reasons we have some of the talent that we have, I also like emphasis on athleticism... overall I think in this league athleticism wins... but even here there should be some exceptions.). But at the same time I think he has fundamental lack of understanding about what wins in modern football. And he is stubborn. He will not change. He's had plenty of chances to acknowledge his mistake and he's vehemently defended himself and refused to acknowledge flawed strategy and priorities. 

In essence, here are my biggest knocks on him:

1. Never went for a long-term QB in the draft. IMO this should have been priority no. 1, no. 2 and no. 3 after Luck retired. You are going nowhere fast if you don't have a franchise QB and the best way to get a long-term franchise QB is to go for one in the draft. 

2. Lack of emphasis on the positions that win in modern day football - QB and weapons for the passing game, LT for your QB on offense and positions directly impacting the passing game - DBs, pass-rushers. Ballard believes in building from the inside out. Even if you hit on your priorities this will result in a team that is very limited when meeting teams that have explosive weapons on both ends of the ball and an elite QB.

3. Even at the professed positions of importance and priority to him, he's not hitting. Our OL is in decline and having real hard time protecting the QB and run blocking and the DL has really hard time creating pressure and disrupting the QB. I'm not even sure if this is the biggest knock on him, but I would like an Indy media member to ask him - do you think a GM who's built this OL and this DL and spent this much resources on them, deserves his spot as a GM. OK, you don't value WRs and TEs and CBs. Then at least build one of the best OLs and DLs in the league. But no... we don't even have that. Both of those are at best mediocre. 

So my answer to the question in OP ends up being influenced by 2 main factors - do I trust Ballard to pick our next HC and QB? Do I trust Ballard to change his philosophy and adjust his strategy? On the second one the answer is absolutely not. On the first question, a short reminder about who Ballard's HC candidates were before McDaniels dumped us and Reich appeared as the leader of the pack(very likely influenced by Irsay and Polian) - these are the coaches Ballard interviewed for the job: Josh McDaniels, Mike Vrabel, Matt Rhule, Dan Campbell, Steve Wilks, Dave Toub, Matt Nagy. None of those inspire confidence in me that Ballard is looking for a new age, cutting edge offensive scheming and playcalling. Huge majority of those are what people would consider "leader of men" types of coaches. And while I do like this aspect of some of them, I think Ballard is again in stark constrast with what I think we should be looking for(with priority) in the next coach. In general, I guess I come to the conclusion that I've lost my trust in Ballard as the guy to lead us forward. I wouldn't be completely and utterly agains thim getting a second chance with a new coach and QB, but this is not the path I personally would take if I had the power to do anything about it. I just don't trust him with the most important positions on this team... first, to regard them as the most important, then to draft well at those positions or supplement with FA, and then I don't trust him to make the most important choices for the next iteration of the Colts(HC and QB) and thus... I personally wouldn't mind us moving on from Ballard at the end of the year(or even earlier if we need to secure our next guy before he gets snatched by someone else if he's currently available). 

14 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Simply beccause Reich has been so bad at calling plays, im almost interested in what another play caller can do with this same roster. would we feel different if the players were being used better?

Good post. If Reich keeps this up, he wont last at the end of the season. I would be surprised if he gets the boot before that, but you never know. Its up to Jim  Would Bradley take over? Dunno. 

I think Ballard gets another chance with a new coach maybe a year or two. If that goes no where. He is  gone.   I heard, I think on JMV or Jake Q that he can draft talent , but having them play well/fit together is another story......if I paraphrased that right.

11 hours ago, Two_pound said:

Who would do a better job? Where in the nfl has a gm lit the league on fire? If you get a once in a generation qb you look good. But at the same time you have to get VERY lucky, because "Generational" qbs mask a lot of problems and weaknesses. I would love to see the Colts win the sb every year, but it's not going to happen. The second half of todays game was incredible, why did the first half suck so bad. I remember when Pagano was coach the complaining and whining was the same-Chuck needs to go. So, we've had 2 consecutive coaches that aren't good enough, don't know what they are doing, can't do this , can't do that blah blah blah. I don't have the answers but I do know there isn't anyone available who would do a better job than Ballard and that can probably be said for Reich also.

This is a silly take. There is no way to guarantee a GM hire will be good or bad. Same thing for HC. Unless the person in question has a history of under achievement, there is no real way to know. But you do realize Ballard was an unknown too right? No one knew Ballard would be an upgrade over Grigson. No one knew he’d draft Nelson, Leonard, Taylor, etc…

Thats not how hiring in the NFL works. There’s no such thing as a “sure upgrade”. The guys with proven track records are already under contract with a team and aren’t leaving. You have to do your research and take a swing. Essentially the same thing you do when drafting players. The difference is you at least have tape of players in college doing what you’re drafting them to do at the next level.

When it comes to the front office you don’t get “tape”. Every team gets one GM and HC. There’s no way to tell if a guy who has never been responsible for drafting players and signing/resigning players will be able to be a good GM. There’s no way to tell if a coordinator who has never had to manage a game or make all the important positions will be able to be a successful head coach.

If easy to ask who would do a better job since you could easily answer “who would do a worse job” by just naming known GMs who got fired. But let’s take the knowns out of the equation and phrase it like this. Of the candidates out there who haven’t been GM’s before, who would do worse?

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Most people (Vegas, national media, fans, etc..) believe the roster is good enough to beat teams like Houston and Jax for example. But we can't win lol... And we've incredibly inconsistency in play (both team and individuals)... 

And that's a coach thingy... not a GM thingy... 

i agree, but if Ballard doesn't force Reich to change, then it is also Ballards issue now.

16 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I will post this here as well: 

I would like Irsay to take the Jeffrey Lurie approach and keep Ballard like Lurie has kept Howie Roseman. Roseman has fired 3 coaches in his tenure with the Eagles including Pederson, and Andy Reid. Lurie knows how hard it is to find a good GM and doesn't blame Roseman for coaching failures.

This team's biggest issues are coaching issues, we don't prepare for games or the season well, and play calling is meh at best. Just looking at Nick Sirianni and how he has adjusted his offense to the players he has, it would of been nice to see him call plays when he was here as the OC because the offense seems to be missing what his strength is.

As for Ballard, one of his problems has been getting what Frank wanted, Frank wanted Rivers he got Rivers, Frank wanted Wentz he got Wentz.

-This years draft class has played very well since there has not been a 1st rounder. Pierce (2nd), Woods (3rd), Cross (3rd), even Rodney Thomas had a good game as a 7th.

-Last years: Paye, Dayo, are getting better every game. Sam Ehlinger is showing he could be a good backup as a 6th rounder, Strachan has made some good catches as a 6th pick.

-2020: Pittman, Taylor, Blackmon, Rodgers as a 6th should be getting more playing time, Pinter a good backup but shouldn't be a starter in the 5th

-His worst draft has been 2019 for sure though and most are on other teams or Willis Retired but even then EJ speed in the 6th has shown up this year, and Okereke has been good as a 3rd rounder.

He has a a great hit rate in the middle to late rounds, which is not normal. I trust him to find the right rookie QB for this team, and the right coach for this team. Reich was a late hire after McDaniels backed out the last minute, and he looked good at first but he hasn't been able to adapt, which has allowed our divisional rivals to learn how to beat us. The best coaches adapt well and you can see it with the top teams.

Frank didn't draft or pass on WR or LT or RG or pass rushers nor did he not work a trade for to fill those holes...  and if Frank did get the draft picks he wanted, then Ballard should be fired for not standing up and doing his job as GM,  % year rebuld is going the wrong way!:hissy:

That's just it defjamz26, who would do worse? Probably most candidates available. With all the screaming on here about needing to draft a qb Ballard should be commended for not throwing the future away by reaching for one of those many quarterbacks these past 5 drafts that have been abysmal. I heard the jacks on bspn this morning talking about how GREAT Wilson is for the Jest, "best qb since Namath" was the one quote. HUH, really, have they not watched him play???? It's easy to criticize especially with 20/20 hindsight. I don't know why we look so unprepared and effortless sometimes but I do know after over 50 years of being a Colt fan it's nothing new, I've seen it way too often.

8 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Let me just say...I never thought I would see the day where the majority of Colts fans wanted Ballard fired. Wow.

I don't want him fired. I want to see an ounce of acknowledgement from him that his strategy is for the NFL of the 1980s or 1990s and a committment to changing his philsophy to better suit what wins in 2022-2030, but that's not what we can expect from him. He's stubborn and unrelenting. 

Just now, stitches said:

I don't want him fired. I want to see an ounce of acknowledgement from him that his strategy is for the NFL of the 1980s or 1990s and a committment to changing his philsophy to better suit what wins in 2022-2030, but that's not what we can expect from him. He's stubborn and unrelenting. 

The problem is that his philosophy is entrenched in the entire braintrust. He surrounded himself with like-minded execs. Dodds is from SEA and Brown is from CHI...two teams that have long had similar philosophies. Ballard is all about everyone having a voice, but who is going to tell him that he's wrong, when they don't think it's wrong either?

If anything, this was the offseason for it...after the failed Wentz experiment. And it started that way with the Wentz trade. But then, the Matt Ryan trade falls in their lap and suddenly the PR machine turned back on and the local media started hyping every aspect of the team. 

20 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Some of you that can’t see the mistakes Ballard has made always astound me.

I agree with TaylorTheStudMuffin on this one. Whatever we are, we are not contenders right now. You can make all the excuses you want for Ballard and Reich but contenders don't do the following week in and week out like the Colts do. I believe Ballard and Reich share equal blame in some of these re-occurring problems:

1. Start slow (in both games and in seasons). I have seen this team do this too often and burn themselves out by the end of the season. We have even come back from the slow starts several times but it is typically a recipe for disaster instead of contender's approach.

2. Turnovers

3. Stupid Penalties

4. Outdated/Predictable/and Questionable Play calling. 

The above are all coaching problems in my opinion.

GM Issues:

1. Relying solely on the draft and trades to build a roster. As TaylorTheStudMuffin stated, even if you are a great drafter it is a bit of a crapshoot. You may have to add players who can make an immediate impact via FA instead of waiting three years in hopes that a late round draftee develops.  This is never more evident than at the wide receiver position. Ballard has absolutely refused to spend money to add a FA wide receiver with real NFL production. This is a huge mistake. Yes, just like drafting, spending money does not guarantee that you will hit on a good FA, but not participating in the FA market at all guarantees that you wont. This is the approach that Ballard has rigidly followed.

2. Deciding to go with 3 straight different band-aid starters at QB after the Jacoby Brissett year is unmistakably on Ballard. Ballard has refused to spend what he needed to acquire a franchise QB, unfortunately, that is fact. You can debate the merits of just how much should be given up to get a future QB or whether the players that were available were worth it, but you cannot debate that Ballard has failed to actually do it. There is essentially four ways to get a shot at a new franchise QB. 1. Suck so bad that you get a top draft pick. Ballard and most fans don't want to see that. 2. Target and trade for a young proven player (yes, even if it costs three 1st-rounders).  3. Give up significant draft capital or players (as much as needed) to select the player you want in the NFL draft. 4. Get lucky and hit on a late-round QB. So far, and hopefully #1 is not in play for this year, the Colts have failed to do any of those four. They instead elected to create their own method (the veteran band-aid thing) which has not worked out. At some point the Colts will be forced to take one of the other four options. Hopefully, it is not #1; of course, we could always elect to go yet another year with the current failed method. Regardless of who Reich wanted as a QB, this decision still falls to Ballard.

3. Spent record amounts of money on an offensive line that has so far failed to protect our non-mobile band-aid QB's.- These are personnel moves so they again fall to Ballard although some blame may go to positional or head coaches.

11 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I agree with TaylorTheStudMuffin on this one. Whatever we are, we are not contenders right now. You can make all the excuses you want for Ballard and Reich but contenders don't do the following week in and week out like the Colts do. I believe Ballard and Reich share equal blame in some of these re-occurring problems:

1. Start slow (in both games and in seasons). I have seen this team do this too often and burn themselves out by the end of the season. We have even come back from the slow starts several times but it is typically a recipe for disaster instead of contender's approach.

2. Turnovers

3. Stupid Penalties

4. Outdated/Predictable/and Questionable Play calling. 

The above are all coaching problems in my opinion.

GM Issues:

1. Relying solely on the draft and trades to build a roster. As TaylorTheStudMuffin stated, even if you are a great drafter it is a bit of a crapshoot. You may have to add players who can make an immediate impact via FA instead of waiting three years in hopes that a late round draftee develops.  This is never more evident than at the wide receiver position. Ballard has absolutely refused to spend money to add a FA wide receiver with real NFL production. This is a huge mistake. Yes, just like drafting, spending money does not guarantee that you will hit on a good FA, but not participating in the FA market at all guarantees that you wont. This is the approach that Ballard has rigidly followed.

2. Deciding to go with 3 straight different band-aid starters at QB after the Jacoby Brissett year is unmistakably on Ballard. Ballard has refused to spend what he needed to acquire a franchise QB, unfortunately, that is fact. You can debate the merits of just how much should be given up to get a future QB or whether the players that were available were worth it, but you cannot debate that Ballard has failed to actually do it. There is essentially four ways to get a shot at a new franchise QB. 1. Suck so bad that you get a top draft pick. Ballard and most fans don't want to see that. 2. Target and trade for a young proven player (yes, even if it costs three 1st-rounders).  3. Give up significant draft capital or players (as much as needed) to select the player you want in the NFL draft. 4. Get lucky and hit on a late-round QB. So far, and hopefully #1 is not in play for this year, the Colts have failed to do any of those four. They instead elected to create their own method (the veteran band-aid thing) which has not worked out. At some point the Colts will be forced to take one of the other four options. Hopefully, it is not #1; of course, we could always elect to go yet another year with the current failed method. Regardless of who Reich wanted as a QB, this decision still falls to Ballard.

3. Spent record amounts of money on an offensive line that has so far failed to protect our non-mobile band-aid QB's.- These are personnel moves so they again fall to Ballard although some blame may go to positional or head coaches.

I think Kevin Bowen had a really good idea on his podcast one day. This way your not solely relying on rookies. He mentioned say you have two guys on rookie deals at a position it should be balanced with then 2 vets at the same position.  I thought that was a very reasonable take. Your never going to get ahead by always relying on rookies. Dline is also third highest paid in league and is a failure.

6 hours ago, Two_pound said:

That's just it defjamz26, who would do worse? Probably most candidates available. With all the screaming on here about needing to draft a qb Ballard should be commended for not throwing the future away by reaching for one of those many quarterbacks these past 5 drafts that have been abysmal. I heard the jacks on bspn this morning talking about how GREAT Wilson is for the Jest, "best qb since Namath" was the one quote. HUH, really, have they not watched him play???? It's easy to criticize especially with 20/20 hindsight. I don't know why we look so unprepared and effortless sometimes but I do know after over 50 years of being a Colt fan it's nothing new, I've seen it way too often.

How could you possibly know most other GM candidates would probably be worse? If that’s the case then the inverse must also be true. Most of the candidates out there probably could do better. Again I don’t care what GM in the league you want to name, but none of the great ones were sure or safe bets. Again, GM candidates aren’t like the college players who have traits and film you can use to gauge what they might be as GMs.

Its a major guessing game. Usually your best bet is to look into the scouting department from a successful front office and go through guys who have a lot of praise. Those are your directors of player personnel, assistant GMs, Director of scouting, etc.. but it’s still a crap shoot. Heck I’d argue that hiring a successful GM is even more of a crap shoot than the draft. You’re relaying exclusively on personal recommendations, word of mouth, and interviews.

As for the QBs I disagree. People forget that these QBs that people write off so quickly often go to bad teams. Soon as the team around them improves, you see the QBs reach their potential. Look how great Jalen Hurts and Tua look as soon as their team got them OL help and weapons. Those were both QBs that we had a shot at. You don’t think Wilson is good? He plays on the Jets. Let’s wait and see if they can protect him to see what he can do. You don’t think Justin Fields is good? Bears have no OL and he has no legitimate WRs. Only abysmal QBs were really the 2019 class but Luck retired after that draft anyways. 

Ballard made some monumetal mistakes and monumental finds:

Mistakes:  

1- Using the 13th pick to trade it SF for Buckner, Should have drafted a QB.

2- Letting Denico Autry go for just some minimal money difference

3- Being unapproachable with Kenny Moore's request. 

4- Releasing Glowinski and Reed

5- Ballard is PR man and Reich is his sidekick with all his draft picks and trade. Should have hired Vrabel.

Monumental finds:

1- Shaq Leonard

2- Trading for Kenny Moore

3- Jonathan Taylor

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

How could you possibly know most other GM candidates would probably be worse? If that’s the case then the inverse must also be true. Most of the candidates out there probably could do better. Again I don’t care what GM in the league you want to name, but none of the great ones were sure or safe bets. Again, GM candidates aren’t like the college players who have traits and film you can use to gauge what they might be as GMs.

Its a major guessing game. Usually your best bet is to look into the scouting department from a successful front office and go through guys who have a lot of praise. Those are your directors of player personnel, assistant GMs, Director of scouting, etc.. but it’s still a crap shoot. Heck I’d argue that hiring a successful GM is even more of a crap shoot than the draft. You’re relaying exclusively on personal recommendations, word of mouth, and interviews.

As for the QBs I disagree. People forget that these QBs that people write off so quickly often go to bad teams. Soon as the team around them improves, you see the QBs reach their potential. Look how great Jalen Hurts and Tua look as soon as their team got them OL help and weapons. Those were both QBs that we had a shot at. You don’t think Wilson is good? He plays on the Jets. Let’s wait and see if they can protect him to see what he can do. You don’t think Justin Fields is good? Bears have no OL and he has no legitimate WRs. Only abysmal QBs were really the 2019 class but Luck retired after that draft anyways. 

No I dont think any of the guys you talked about are that good.

Justin Fields is horrible.

Zach Wilson is horrible.

Trey Lance is horrible. 

Tua and Hurts arent great players just because they have a few good games. 

I dont want Chris Ballard trading for a "good" QB, I want him to trade for a great QB. 

And not a single guy you listed is close to great.

ballard makes head scratching moves all the time .   how do you go into the 2021 season with lewis turray as pass rushers  draft two guys one being injured and think that is enough at that position ?    most pass rushers take 3 years to be great so starting paye and lewis was going to be a disaster waiting to happen .     

now look at this year we lose fisher and ballard goes into the season with pryor a career backup at left tackle drafting a project third round tackle .     this is my issue with ballard he plugs premium spots with no names or drafts guys who take time to fill them .  its like he is rebuilding still and not taking winning seriously .  

a win now team gets veterans and puts rookies behind them to learn at least keep autry and draft paye .  stop putting unproven guys in key spots .   

ballard gets rid of ty and pascal and the only wr left is really pittman who is worth anything or proven .   ballard starts the season with a rookie pittman and always injured cambell as his wrs .   then he gets rid of doyle and leaves only mo with a bunch of unproven young guys at tight end .  

how is ballard planning on being in a win now mode with a veteran QB when you only have one proven wr a backup left tackle and no tight ends .   this is why people were mad in  the offseason half the team is in win now mode the other half is being rebuilt

This roster has serious holes, and the QB problem is still yet to be solved. Even if Matt Ryan turns it around, he’s close to retirement. We still need that young QB of the future. And don’t even get me started on free agency participation, or our lack thereof. 

However, what’s even worse and way more of an issue than all of that is the coaching. Frank has made horrible coaching decisions year after year, and now that Sirianni and Eberflus are gone, his warts are really showing. I will give credit to Bradley, his defenses have actually been solid overall, especially in second halves, but the offense can’t give them any help. Frank is an awful play caller and absolutely atrocious at getting the team ready to play games. We consistently underperform and start games looking like we have no clue what we’re doing, and this has been an issue for years now. That falls on Reich.

Right now I’m indifferent on Ballard, but I am positive that Frank needs to go. Bradley can stay for now.

5 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

This roster has serious holes, and the QB problem is still yet to be solved. Even if Matt Ryan turns it around, he’s close to retirement. We still need that young QB of the future. And don’t even get me started on free agency participation, or our lack thereof. 

However, what’s even worse and way more of an issue than all of that is the coaching. Frank has made horrible coaching decisions year after year, and now that Sirianni and Eberflus are gone, his warts are really showing. I will give credit to Bradley, his defenses have actually been solid overall, especially in second halves, but the offense can’t give them any help. Frank is an awful play caller and absolutely atrocious at getting the team ready to play games. We consistently underperform and start games looking like we have no clue what we’re doing, and this has been an issue for years now. That falls on Reich.

Right now I’m indifferent on Ballard, but I am positive that Frank needs to go. Bradley can stay for now.

ballard sends mix messages like he gets a veteran QB and acts like we are in a win now mode .  then he starts cleaning out veterans and replacing them with unproven rookies at wr and tight end .  

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

ballard sends mix messages like he gets a veteran QB and acts like we are in a win now mode .  then he starts cleaning out veterans and replacing them with unproven rookies at wr and tight end .  

Agreed, it’s so confusing. Ryan could’ve been enough for a playoff run, but Ballard has let the rest of the offense rot the past three years, resulting in a patchwork OL, inexperienced TEs, mediocre WR corps, and one star RB and one mediocre RB. Matt Ryan needs more than that to be successful at this stage in his career.

The D at least looks decent, though some guys on that side of the ball still need to step it up.

Archived