Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank please stop

bleed blue4life

32 minutes ago, krunk said:

Cant halfway blame him at Houston bc their (Texans)offense wasnt any good. You could afford to do some no risk it no biscuit type stuff. I just didnt like the play call itself. Choose a different play to risk on.

exactly. I tink he played 4th down about right yesterday. From the 2 playing the texans yes go for it. But either throw or run with JT not the cute stuff. Then the 2nd 4th he tried to draw em offsides then punted. I think he played 4th down right yesterday

53 minutes ago, krunk said:

Cant halfway blame him at Houston bc their (Texans)offense wasnt any good. You could afford to do some no risk it no biscuit type stuff. I just didnt like the play call itself. Choose a different play to risk on.

Reich admitted after the game that Lovie had made an adjustment.  It’s not the first time we’d run that play.  And they had it pegged from the snap.

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

Reich admitted after the game that Lovie had made an adjustment.  It’s not the first time we’d run that play.  And they had it pegged from the snap.

Yeah was listening to a podcast after and Hines had a TD.  But the bears defender made the adjustment and there was no time to change the play. But we have run that play before so they knew what we were going to do.

15 minutes ago, FicmanS said:

I'd take Taylor pounding it and not making it in, some stupid gadget play that might or might not in the middle of the field.  Not so much

If not Taylor pounding it in, then utilize one of our redwood TEs - probably MAC at this point.  There’s an advantage there, but not if you don’t use it.

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

If not Taylor pounding it in, then utilize one of our redwood TEs - probably MAC at this point.  There’s an advantage there, but not if you don’t use it.

I think the audible was going to be Hines passing to Ryan in the corner of the end zone.  What could have gone wrong? :facepalm: 

If he takes the 3 there, I do think they keep building positive momentum and probably win the game.  First game of the season - just put points on the board and get out of there with a W. 

I'm not opposed to being aggressive, but situationally speaking, Frank seems to have little feel for it.

6 minutes ago, #12. said:

If he takes the 3 there, I do think they keep building positive momentum and probably win the game.  First game of the season - just put points on the board and get out of there with a W. 

I'm not opposed to being aggressive, but situationally speaking, Frank seems to have little feel for it.

They win and win by 3. 

I’m over Franks play-calling 

myself. Especially the 3rd & 2 or 3rd & 3 delayed shotgun handoffs. We get blown up 75% of the time on that call. 

However, the lack of discipline was the biggest issue this game.

Running into the punter in the end zone there let them take off 4+ additional minutes of the clock & flipped the field position. The botched snaps by two pro-bowl players is mind-boggling. Drops by WR’s. 

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

myself. Especially the 3rd & 2 or 3rd & 3 delayed shotgun handoffs. We get blown up 75% of the time on that call. 

Running into the punter in the end zone there let them take off 4+ additional minutes of the clock & flipped the field position. The botched snaps by two pro-bowl players is mind-boggling. Drops by WR’s. 

Not that it had much bearing on the game. but 2 kicked out of bounds back to back same area... to the left. the shanks a FG to the right?!? 

39 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

What bugs me the most is Frank always congratulating the other team after they beat us. No Frank you need to instill in your team your the better team and they should kick their but. 

Of all the things to be upset about, you choose something that every coach does.  Mind boggling 

23 minutes ago, #12. said:

Same thing goes for the TD if they get it. That gives them even more momentum.

That game getting to a 17-point deficit was the best thing that could have happened to the Colts. They were all out of sync, but then then it looked like HOU went into a Quarters coverage and was leaving the same plays open.

If it stays close, I don't think that 4Q plays out nearly the same.

That said, the playcall was the issue. But everybody wants MORE Hines in the backfield. Be careful what you wish for.

10 minutes ago, J@son said:

Of all the things to be upset about, you choose something that every coach does.  Mind boggling 

I get where he is coming from. There is zero emotion & he seems staler than a bag of chips left open for 3 months. 

Other coaches hype their guys up, rip their butts, & show that they have an expectation that must be met. 

Reich just needs to work on his approach to motivating guys imo

13 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Same thing goes for the TD if they get it. That gives them even more momentum.

That game getting to a 17-point deficit was the best thing that could have happened to the Colts. They were all out of sync, but then then it looked like HOU went into a Quarters coverage and was leaving the same plays open.

If it stays close, I don't think that 4Q plays out nearly the same.

That said, the playcall was the issue. But everybody wants MORE Hines in the backfield. Be careful what you wish for.

Who wants that?   I hear most saying they want more Hines lining up at slot.

1 hour ago, FicmanS said:

Whoever called that wildcat play on the 4th down should have been made to walk home.  Come ON Frank wth was that?

Agreed.  You have jonathan taylor and you line up wildcat, and run a fake and then try to take hines up the middle.... we turned a 2 yard power run situation into hines on a delay from about the 6 running out of shotgun on a delay after a fake...  that was so stupid.  It made no sense logically at all

46 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

You are right, a lot of stupid errors.....also two kickoffs that go out of bounds and give them great field position, and a fumbled punt return that we are lucky Rodgers was covering, and the missed FG. Too many penalties, too much time ran off the clock before timeouts were called...take your pick of the unforced errors.

4 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

exactly. I tink he played 4th down about right yesterday. From the 2 playing the texans yes go for it. But either throw or run with JT not the cute stuff. Then the 2nd 4th he tried to draw em offsides then punted. I think he played 4th down right yesterday

Play probably works if JT is back there, gets the ball and then hands to Hines on the sweep bc they would have flew in there as soon as they saw JT with ball in hands

The thing here is that I like Frank. I like him as a head coach OR as an offensive coordinator. It's one or the other. We can't make him OC, so he just needs to be a head coach and do that as well as he can. Whoever is calling plays needs to have someone who can tell them NO. Frank doesn't have that. 

Ok look… the call was terrible, The execution was worse, which made the LB read easy… the point of that play is to hold the ball into JTs belly until you force the read guy (LB/ DE) to commit… it’s called the mesh point… what Hines did was like a quick play action that allowed the LB to freely move and dictate to Hines what to do 

Bad play callers don’t get 500 yards offense. His issue is situational football. Calling the wrong play at the wrong time that kills the teams Mo. on the road you probably don’t go for it on fourth just take the points. Especially against a bad team. If your playing KC that’s a different story.

We are paying a lot of money for some of these players who aren’t pulling their weight also.

Archived