Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don't Like What I read About Darius Lenoard's Injury

King Colt

Well the fact that he isn’t on IR to start the season is a good thing. I’m sure not expecting him week 1 when he is coming off an injury and hasn’t had 1 day of full contact yet.

Maybe week 3 or 4? Hopefully his back will hold up for him with no big issues. If it does hinder his play all season I could see (retirement).

I heard that he will remain on the PUP List during the final cuts - which means he'll have to miss a minimum of 4 games.

I just want the team and Leonard to work diligently on his rehab and provide him the appropriate amount of healing time BEFORE he returns.  Rushing ANY player back from injury is foolish.

I don’t trust anything the Colts say when it comes to injuries. 

they do this with their star players. Did it with Andrew, did it with Peyton, and they did it with Marvin Harrison when he hurt his knee vs Denver and was never the same again. Seems like they’re doing it again with Darius. We will see though. 

I feel it’s sketchy at best. Why? Because he said he had to learn to love the game again. Now he has these injury issues. He already got a huge payday and could walk away and be set for life right now. If it becomes continually nagging on him especially mentally he will check out on the field.

All that being said I think he won’t pull a Luck on us. He will be back on the field and I don’t see him ending his career at the earliest the end of this season IF he has ongoing issues mental health and physically.

Personally I don’t see him back on the field until at least week 8.

7 hours ago, masterlock said:

IndyStar reported: "All-Pro linebacker Shaquille Leonard was on the field before the game, going through a heavy workout, a good sign for a player trying to return after offseason back surgery."

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2022/08/28/colts-what-we-learned-from-preseason-finale-healthy-matt-ryan/65412404007/

Maniac Leonard GIF by Indianapolis Colts

I think everyone here that is in panic has PTSD from Andrew Luck. These two players are completely different and the situations are entirely different. 

Leonard will miss a few games and then he will be back as normal. No need to panic and claim early retirement for every single player. 

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I think everyone here that is in panic has PTSD from Andrew Luck. These two players are completely different and the situations are entirely different. 

Leonard will miss a few games and then he will be back as normal. No need to panic and claim early retirement for every single player. 

I think he plays opening day.

On 8/27/2022 at 1:40 PM, DougDew said:

Seems like they haven't really figured out the problem yet.  Sort of hoping their solution works instead of knowing it will.

I guess I was kind of right when I said to franchise him before his last contract? I feared the toll it was taking on that under sized frame with all those high tackle numbers.

Colts activated Shaquille Leonard (back) from the active/PUP list. 

Leonard hasn't practiced with the team yet, but the Colts seemed intent on not placing him on reserve/PUP. He is still more likely to miss a couple of games to start the season than not. Leonard is one of the best linebackers in the NFL and the Colts will be short-handed for however long he's out while recovering from back surgery. 

8 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Colts activated Shaquille Leonard (back) from the active/PUP list. 

Leonard hasn't practiced with the team yet, but the Colts seemed intent on not placing him on reserve/PUP. He is still more likely to miss a couple of games to start the season than not. Leonard is one of the best linebackers in the NFL and the Colts will be short-handed for however long he's out while recovering from back surgery. 

I'm sure he'll miss at least a couple games.  But that's better than the likely 5 games he'd miss if he remained on R/PUP.   A friend reminded me that he not only can't play during the required 4 weeks, he can't even practice.  So that likely means 5 games out.

10 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

I'm sure he'll miss at least a couple games.  But that's better than the likely 5 games he'd miss if he remained on R/PUP.   A friend reminded me that he not only can't play during the required 4 weeks, he can't even practice.  So that likely means 5 games out.

Yeah, I mean one or two games is far better than five or even more if it was still really bothering him. 

On 8/30/2022 at 1:22 PM, luv_pony_express said:

I’m sorry, you lost me, I don’t follow?

Cant play during WHAT required 4 weeks?   It’s my understanding Shaq can play wk 1 if he feels up to it.  He’s on the 53.   He practiced today.   I don’t understand the comment about not being able to practice? 

Can you please explain?   

Archived