Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Lions at Colts (Pre Season) Post Game Thoughts 08/20

EastStreet

17 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Not sold at RG with Pinter. I think he is better at center. 

Starting to like my point about moving Smith to RG? Raimann can handle speed rushers now, bull rush he will handle in time. Bull rush can be helped with a chip. Pryor already proved he can handle pass pro at RT. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Ummm....that's pretty darn good. I don't care who he played against. He didn't play with starters either. The #4 reminds me of Harbaugh.

Very good point. He isn’t playing against 1st stringers, but he’s also throwing to and having guys block for him that’ll probably be selling insurance or something soon.

I'm probably in the minority here but I like Seltzner, he doesn't seem to miss blocks and gets a good push. French and Murray will not make the team. Banagu will not make the team, 59 will. I hope Domann gets back on the field this week. Chesley and Flowers will both make the team. I didn't think Weatherford had a chance but he might make it. I can see Leonard, Okereke, Speed, Franklin, Domann, and Weatherford as the six. 

17 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Yeah not many were in Sam's camp last season and many bought the Eason hype. Eason may win the QB 3 spot in Seattle with Lock sick but I pity the Seahawks....lol..he was bad despite all the spin job.

Eason was a top recruit to Ga. Got hurt in first game and then could not beat out next man up. Then went into portal.  Never thought he would ever be a big deal in NFL.

3 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Who are your 9/10 OL on 53 roster ?

1)Q

2)R Kelly

3)Pinter

4)Smith

5)Pryor 

6)Rainmann

7)D Kelly

8)Fries

9)??

Murray- Not much shot

Mollette-No chance

Seltzner-No

Van Demark-Not after yesterday

French-Most likely

I need both French and Fries to stay, I am looking forward to the jokes and screen shots of their backs all season LOL. Unless French is miraculously replaced with a guy whose last name is Cheese… this is the only acceptable alternative! haha 

39 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I need both French and Fries to stay, I am looking forward to the jokes and screen shots of their backs all season LOL. Unless French is miraculously replaced with a guy whose last name is Cheese… this is the only acceptable alternative! haha 

We need a big DT named Macdonald, and an Edge named Koch (Coke). We'd have Big Mac, French, Fries and a Koch.

2 hours ago, stitches said:

I mean... Pickens IMO was the best WR in the draft... but with him his skill wasn't the question. There were tons of other concerns from what I gather. We have just the tip of the iceberg in the public eye. NFL GMs have much more information about what the issues were and if Ballard and the FO decided he's not worth the trouble... I guess I can understand them. 

A healthy pickens was my favorite wr in the draft. After we traded down I was hoping he would fall to us but Steelers took him right before us. 

Pierce was my 2nd choice at that point in the draft. 

Pickens is having an incredible training camp. Some Pitt reporters are saying that it is the best camp they have ever seen from a rookie wr and that he might already be the best wr on the team. His making wow and routine plays everyday in practice. Also a very underrated part of his game is that he is a terrific blocker. 

I guess we will see how it plays out. 

20 hours ago, colts89 said:

Imo, if Strachan plays special teams this year, then there ain't no way he doesn't make the roster. Dude is talented.

His body type doesn’t look like a special teamer, neither returner, blocker, nor tackler.  If that’s the requirement then I’d guess he will be picked up by another team if we put him on the practice squad.  Looks like Patmon or him to me.  And if we do end up signing a vet, then I guess he’s gone.

sure looks like a guy to try To keep around and wait and see on though.

there aren’t many bodies and speed combos like that in the multiverse.  And he’s not a DHB with the mitts.

2 hours ago, Two_pound said:

I'm probably in the minority here but I like Seltzner, he doesn't seem to miss blocks and gets a good push. French and Murray will not make the team. Banagu will not make the team, 59 will. I hope Domann gets back on the field this week. Chesley and Flowers will both make the team. I didn't think Weatherford had a chance but he might make it. I can see Leonard, Okereke, Speed, Franklin, Domann, and Weatherford as the six. 

My current 53 agrees with all your assessments except Seltzner, though I had him in the 53 a week ago.  I currently think that IOL is the one position that we’re gonna snipe off another team’s final cuts.  We’ve got Fries and no one else ready to contribute right away on the interior.  Compounded by the fact that Dennis Kelly is injured and Raimann is not ready yet on the outside…

1 hour ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

The perfect Line would be this with the last names of:

OT - Cheese

OG - Bacon

C - Ham

OG - French

OT - Fries

-that is Hall of Fame material!

Banogu tried to pass off his disappointing existence on the previous defensive coaching staff, but I think he lied. 

Really wouldn’t be surprised to see him be among the coming cuts. 

So What No GIF

Strachan looked good. I don’t think he would have made it to the PS this season, but I really don’t think so now. Hopefully he gets some chances to produce this season. 

Strachan will be a great talent IMO, I sure hope we keep him.

our defense was mostly terrible all game. Sure hope we don’t have to rely much on those guys come week 1.

special teams was sloppy when it came to stopping the lions returns…that will need fixed or our defense will always be in a hole.

Still not impressed with the kickers. Neither one gives me any confidence with a 45+ yard win or lose scenario. The kickoffs were almost all rather short today allowing returns to happen that sliced and diced our special teams.

Colts would be crazy fools not to keep Ehlinger on the 53 man roster.

O-Line did a “fair” job when it came to giving the QB time to throw but an absolute dismal performance when it was time to run the ball.

On 8/21/2022 at 9:21 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Granson caught 2,  Pierce caught 1.   Woods didn’t play much and wasn’t targeted apparently.    

Thanks...that's not what NFL.com showed, so much for their reliability (although maybe it's fixed now). 

On 8/21/2022 at 7:40 AM, Matabix said:

Starting to like my point about moving Smith to RG? Raimann can handle speed rushers now, bull rush he will handle in time. Bull rush can be helped with a chip. Pryor already proved he can handle pass pro at RT. 

Sure let's move Smith to RG. He's making 17 million and Nelson will be close to 20 mill. Nothing like having 37 million sunk into 2 guards. Franchise killing move. 

7 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

I just can't escape this nagging fear that we're going to have OL problems this year.  I'm not convinced that Pryor is much, if any, an upgrade over Fisher.  They both seem to be acceptable in run blocking, and wanting in pass pro.

And I think we may have taken a step back at RG, too.

Pryor is not a staring LT. However that's okay cause people on this board claim Nelson's value is warranted as his abilities are such that he will cover up the mistakes of an inferior LT .  We shall now see cause that is the argument that many astute people on this forum  use when I question paying Nelson.

5 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Sure let's move Smith to RG. He's making 17 million and Nelson will be close to 20 mill. Nothing like having 37 million sunk into 2 guards. Franchise killing move. 

Would be if we are spending alot on our tackles, but we aren't. 

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I haven’t been overly impressed with him at LT but I think he’s a stop gap until the rookie is ready.  

We should’ve signed somebody else.  Pryor has little experience at the position - and it shows.

It’s a major design flaw and vulnerability in our offensive roster.  That is one of the single most important positions on that side of the ball.

9 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Smith will make $11.5 this year.  TRUTH!

Some people believe you should put your best 5 out there.

What a difficult

4 hours ago, Matabix said:

Would be if we are spending alot on our tackles, but we aren't. 

concept to comprehend.

Archived