Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TUNE IN: Chris Ballard and Frank Reich at 2022 NFL Combine

compuls1v3

Let the fun begin soon.  Popcorn in hand!

Indianapolis Colts General Manager Chris Ballard and Head Coach Frank Reich will be available to the media during the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine on Tuesday, March 1.

Chris Ballard live stream: 1:30 p.m. ET

Frank Reich live stream: 4:00 p.m. ET

https://www.colts.com/news/tune-in-chris-ballard-and-frank-reich-at-2022-nfl-combine

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I'd wager we learn absolutely nothing about whether wentz is being traded or cut. It's going to suck if they continue to keep us in the dark.

Why would they tell you their plan? 

unless they come out and say Wentz is the starter for 2022, there will be no new information gleaned from this topic

It will be telling in how Ballard discusses Wentz now that he's cooled down off the end of year presser.  Will he comment on what he feels he has to improve on or just dismiss any talk of him improving at all?  If he doesn't discuss ways he will have to improve then that would tell me that they are definitely moving on.  Overall, though, I don't think we'll learn much.  He better have some new tap shoes on, though.  I've got a feeling he press will be hammering him.

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If they are truly looking to get rid of Carson,   these guys aren't thrilled about talking to the media today

For that reason, I actually thought that we might have some type of conclusion by now.

Going to be awkward because the QB position is all the local reporters are going to want to talk about. 

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Why would they tell you their plan? 

unless they come out and say Wentz is the starter for 2022, there will be no new information gleaned from this topic

Agreed.

Either CB says, "Look, there's a reason why Carson is working out with the WR's.  Because he's not going anywhere."

-- OR --

CB says, "Look, there are a lot of options on the board, and we're always looking to make our team better."  Which in CB-speak means that they are indeed looking at trade and acquisition scenarios, but they don't want to say the words out loud.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I doubt with the media circus around it, they’re not thrilled either way

All the questions will be about the QB position.     Maybe a few about LT when Ballard says his isn't taking anymore questions about QB

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

Agreed.

Either CB says, "Look, there's a reason why Carson is working out with the WR's.  Because he's not going anywhere."

-- OR --

CB says, "Look, there are a lot of options on the board, and we're always looking to make our team better."  Which in CB-speak means that they are indeed looking at trade and acquisition scenarios, but they don't want to say the words out loud.

Exactly. I think you are 1000 percent on target. 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

All the questions will be about the QB position.     Maybe a few about LT when Ballard says his isn't taking anymore questions about QB

Focus on questions probably gonna go QB, OL, Pass rush, then CB...

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

And it's so annoying. I get it, this is THE topic, but they're going to try to find creative ways to ask the same questions, and Ballard is going to give the same information in a different way. Just ask the requisite three or four questions, and move on to the rest of the team. Ask about Bradley and the defense, ask about OL, WR, TE, etc. 

12 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

"Look, we're always trying to improve every position.  QB is no exception".

I would take the over...

We’re definitely going to hear that.  We might hear “Carson is our QB right now”.  Nothing definitive.   Then Frank will repeat the narrative later.  Sometimes Ballard just can’t help himself though. He usually tells the world what he’s going to do before the draft if people listen close enough. 

Just now, Hawkeyecolt said:

We’re definitely going to hear that.  We might hear “Carson is our QB right now”.  Nothing definitive.   Then Frank will repeat the narrative later.  Sometimes Ballard just can’t help himself though. He usually tells the world what he’s going to do before the draft if people listen close enough. 

Yep.  Agree.

Just now, Hawkeyecolt said:

Exactly.  Why is Carson working out with the WR?  Ummm....  Because he's under contract, and he's the QB "right now".  Of course, he's working out with the WR's.  Doesn't mean that doesn't change in 2 weeks.  But for right now, that's the status quo.

36 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Exactly.  Why is Carson working out with the WR?  Ummm....  Because he's under contract, and he's the QB "right now".  Of course, he's working out with the WR's.  Doesn't mean that doesn't change in 2 weeks.  But for right now, that's the status quo.

The fact that Carson himself put that out there on his social media, kind of tells me he is either doing damage control, or something related to enhancing his image......but it has an edge to it.........

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Lol definitely sounds like he’s gone. Not surprising, but he’s not as evasive as I thought he’d be.

He could have used the "we are still evaluating" excuse right after the season, but now they've had almost 2 months to evaluate. I don't think Wentz is our QB next season. 

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

How can the available QB not be part of the decision. That is a dumb answer.

Because if you don't think Wentz is the solution, whether you have another solution or not is immaterial. All it matters is we know he's not it. Delaying the inevitable wastes time and the prime of our 7 pro bowlers. 

Just now, stitches said:

Because if you don't think Wentz is the solution, whether you have another solution or not is immaterial. All it matters is we know he's not it. Delaying the inevitable wastes time and the prime of our 7 pro bowlers. 

If he isn’t the solution but there isn’t the solution available out there then what is the purpose of changing.

Archived