Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TUNE IN: Chris Ballard and Frank Reich at 2022 NFL Combine

compuls1v3

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Figured what out?

His record in his 4 years is 37-28.    When viewed with the circumstances we've dealt with,  that's not bad.

What specifically are you asking about figuring it out?

He talks a good talk.  Its why the media likes him. 

He's in charge of a team that has an absent QB situation, a bad LT situation, needs help at WR, and apparently he says the DL needs work  (after addressing it every year) and no first round draft pick. 

It seems like he's "figured it out" a lot less than he sounds.

29 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I honestly didn't hear anything new concerning Wentz. Imo, the only QB that might make sense is Carr just because McDaniels is pretty unpredictable and he has traded Cutler in the past. I still think Wentz will still be here though

Jay Cutler got mad about rumors and demanded a trade. Unless Carr does the same, I doubt they trade him.

40 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

There can be playmakers added and still keep Zach.    

Technically yes...    but while it's possible,  I wouldn't call it likely.

Pittman, Campbell, Dulin, Patmon, Strachan....    Draft Pick, and possible FA signing.

At some point,  you're running out of spots on the 53.

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

Jay Cutler got mad about rumors and demanded a trade. Unless Carr does the same, I doubt they trade him.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen. I'm saying it's more plausible then say Russ or Rodgers. Imo, Wentz will still be the QB

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Technically yes...    but while it's possible,  I wouldn't call it likely.

Pittman, Campbell, Dulin, Patmon, Strachan....    Draft Pick, and possible FA signing.

At some point,  you're running out of spots on the 53.

Well,    at this point in time he is better than Patmon, and Strachan.       Zach has has progressed every season until this season.   As the 3rd WR he played pretty well last yr with Rivers.   I think it will be sad to blame some of the WR issues on the player and not putting as much blame on the QB who is throwing the ball.      Better QB.  Zach would have been a lot better.

I remember that at one point they were going to release him and Luck stepped in and said that he would like hihm to remain on the team.  So they kept him.    

I think he stays.   Could be wrong though.   He is not the reason we didn't make the playoffs.   

22 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's the one. Not sure how to embed a tweet from my phone. He does talk about criticism in general, but then goes on to talk specifically about Carson and the criticism he has received in the last part. 

18 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He's in charge of a team that has an absent QB situation, a bad LT situation, needs help at WR, and apparently he says the DL needs work  (after addressing it every year) and no first round draft pick. 

It seems like he's figured it out a lot less than he sounds.

The media likes him for far more than the fact that he can talk.    Sorry, but if you haven’t figured out that Ballard knows what he’s doing by now, then I don’t know what to tell you?  

I’ll put you in the camp with Moose and Nick and the others.    What a fun club that should be!    Enjoy!!  

4 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

I'd wager we learn absolutely nothing about whether wentz is being traded or cut. It's going to suck if they continue to keep us in the dark.

They have to keep that $hit internal......if they leak it in a news conference to the public they lose leverage. This is black ops time right now in this free agency and draft time period!

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The media likes him for far more than the fact that he can talk.    Sorry, but if you haven’t figured out that Ballard knows what he’s doing by now, then I don’t know what to tell you?  

I’ll put you in the camp with Moose and Nick and the others.    What a fun club that should be!    Enjoy!!  

Why go to that extreme?  He says "we'll figure it out" like there should be no reason to think that he won't.  When objectively, I just listed many reasons after 5 years why that statement seems more like his  "straight talking dude" persona than what actual results support.

I just think that his performance hasn't lived up to his persona.  Not that he's been bad.  Or not that he can't live up to his persona, eventually.  Delayed achievement, LOL.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Why go to that extreme?  He says "we'll figure it out" like there should be no reason to think that he won't.  When objectively, I just listed many reasons after 5 years why that statement seems more like his  "straight talking dude" persona than what actual results support.

I just think that his performance hasn't lived up to his persona.  Not that he's been bad.  Or not that he can't live up to his persona, eventually.  Delayed achievement, LOL.

What “extreme”???

Sorry, but I have no idea what you’re trying to say?  

36 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Figured what out?

His record in his 4 years is 37-28.    When viewed with the circumstances we've dealt with,  that's not bad.

What specifically are you asking about figuring it out?

How to get his squad better at positions he keeps striking out at or neglecting, like DL and WR. 

What circumstance are you speaking bout? If it’s Luck how much longer will that be milked

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

What “extreme”???

Sorry, but I have no idea what you’re trying to say?  

I thought your reaction to my comment was a little extreme. 

I'm not speaking of Ballard's performance.  Its more about how his confidence seems to have outpaced his performance. 

34 minutes ago, DougDew said:

It seems like he's "figured it out" a lot less than he sounds.

Agreed

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

How to get his squad better at positions he keeps striking out at or neglecting, like DL and WR. 

What circumstance are you speaking bout? If it’s Luck how much longer will that be milked

You’re a frustrated fan, and you’re jumping to conclusions.    First we might have the answers to DE already in our roster.   Paye?   Dayo?    

Second, to me the only WR Ballard has struck out on is Campbell, and that’s only due to injury.  And I’m very curious what Duhlin, Patmon and Strachan will turn into. 

As for QB, you don’t hear Ballard “milking” that.   To me, it’s mostly the fans who are patient who try to explain to fans who are not.    We’ve gone three years without Luck.  It’s not like that’s a long time by any standard in the NFL. 

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I thought your reaction to my comment was a little extreme. 

I'm not speaking of Ballard's performance.  Its more about how his confidence seems to have outpaced his performance. 

If you’re bothered by his “confidence” I don’t know what to tell you?   You seem to be looking for things to be negative about.  

You appear to be at least down on Ballard, if not out altogether.   Your choice.   I’m not there yet.   Maybe someday, but I suspect that day is pretty far off for me. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I don't want him to add competition to Campbell. I want him to add a surefire starter for whom there is no doubt will take Campbell's spot, who has been injured throughout his whole career with us. Nothing against Campbell but when I hear we will add competition to Campbell, I hear "we will add someone who might be healthy for the team". Competition for Campbell is incredibly low bar. 

Yup, this. 

He values blocking at WR way too much.
Blocking is a good ability for a WR to master, but it’s a secondary ability. If none of our WRs are actually capable of taking the ball down field our great blocking WRs won’t be blocking for anybody. 

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

How can the available QB not be part of the decision. That is a dumb answer.

I’m telling you, they are looking ahead to 2023.  That draft is going to have talent.  That or they’re looking for trade options that doesn’t deplete us of  resources.  Wentz will be here if they can not find anyone this year but he’s gone after this year

Just now, stitches said:

They should have asked him if he's still sticking his neck out for Wentz in this year's off-season meetings. 

I mean it doesn't sound like someone who isn't talking him up.  Clearly more positive about Wentz than Ballard was. 

Archived