Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TUNE IN: Chris Ballard and Frank Reich at 2022 NFL Combine

compuls1v3

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If he isn’t the solution but there isn’t the solution available out there then what is the purpose of changing.

Saving resources for when you find your solution. Or when you identify the solution and you need money or picks to get him. It also creates urgency to actually find that solution, rather than be complacent about having a player who you can put on the field. 

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I can see not giving up more draft picks for a lateral move. But if you don’t have a QB worth crap how you going to get any FA signings.

You don't have a QB worth crap with or without Wentz. Nobody is coming to Indianapolis to play with Wentz. 

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

"at the end of the day you have to block"... when talking about weapons. IMO it's crystal clear he doesn't think there is a problem with the receiving weapons. :dunno:

I got an entirely different impression from that answer. Mostly because of what he said before he eventually said 'you have to block.' 

Edit: Also he said 'we have to bring in more weapons.' 

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What was Wells question?   Anyone know?

"Why don't you believe in Carson?"

Edit: Ballard's first answer about if he sees potential upgrades available included something about 'you have to find someone that fits and that you believe in,' etc. Wells then asked, 'you said you have to find someone you believe in, so why don't you believe in Carson?' 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I got an entirely different impression from that answer. Mostly because of what he said before he eventually said 'you have to block.' 

I don't know... every time I want to hear him emphasize the importance of weapons he says something that makes me cringe. He's asked about weapons and still manages to turn it into a "you have to block" thing. I just don't believe he values the position as much as the OL. I will never agree with him on this one. 

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I think pascal might be back. TY and Zach are the two he really mentioned. We really need to add that competition for Campbell. 

He also said Zach WAS a good player for us.   It didn't seem like he was in the future plans

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

What did he ask? I couldn’t hear the question.

I couldn’t hear but the way Ballard responded to his question and said “Wells…” after the interview, I figure it was about his Irsay and Ballard at a crossroads article.

Oh nvm, Supe heard it. An even dumber question than I thought. 

4 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

"LOOK" COUNTER = only 7

Ballard is slipping.

Only 15 minutes.

And he had to take some time to needle Wells and Bowen, and he had to belittle a non-Indy reporter for asking a dumb question. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I don't know... every time I want to hear him emphasize the importance of weapons he says something that makes me cringe. He's asked about weapons and still manages to turn it into a "you have to block" thing. I just don't believe he values the position as much as the OL. I will never agree with him on this one. 

He doesn't. But he included Taylor, Pittman, and Hines as our offensive playmakers, then said 'not gonna rely on Campbell, we like him, but we're going to add competition at WR,' then said 'I like Patmon/Strahan, but they have to prove it,' and also literally said "we need more weapons." 

So he probably doesn't value WR as much as you think he should, but I think you got the wrong impression from his answer. 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

He also said Zach WAS a good player for us.   It didn't seem like he was in the future plans

Exactly my thoughts. I don’t see why Pascal would want to come back. Pittman, Campbell, Patmon, & a new No. 2 will all likely be ahead of him.

He could possibly go be a No. 3 WR in NE, NO, Washington, KC, etc

The one thing he mentioned that I never took into perspective, is that in general, QBs are brave people.  Playing a position where people are out to hurt you.  Of all the opinions of Wentz out there, I can say he's brave.  Also, like Ballard said, there were other games besides the last two where we had opportunities to win.  Hopefully LT gets addressed, along with more development from Dayo and Paye.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?  What?   

Ballard also said WE NEED MORE WEAPONS!!   

Yes, he did... but he still managed to turn it into a "you have to block" thing. You always need more of everything. Do you need more pass-rush? Yes. Do you need more coverage - yes. Do you need better kicking game - yes... he's never going to say he needs less of anything. But you can hear and see him emphasize what he believes in. When he's asked about something and turns the answer into a completely different direction, you know what he's thinking... 

I guess we will see what happens this off-season. I wouldn't expect some big changes. Maybe he drafts a WR to compete with Campbell in the 3d round or something. Not that I mind it... I'd welcome it... but I don't expect any big FA signings at WR for example. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Yes, he did... but he still managed to turn it into a "you have to block" thing. You always need more of everything. Do you need more pass-rush? Yes. Do you need more coverage - yes. Do you need better kicking game - yes... he's never going to say he needs less of anything. But you can hear and see him emphasize what he believes in. When he's asked about something and turns the answer into a completely different direction, you know what he's thinking... 

I guess we will see what happens this off-season. I wouldn't expect some big changes. Maybe he drafts a WR to compete with Campbell in the 3d round or something. Not that I mind it... I'd welcome it... but I don't expect any big FA signings at WR for example. 

I have never thought he was going to bring in a big name FA WR.  

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

He doesn't. But he included Taylor, Pittman, and Hines as our offensive playmakers, then said 'not gonna rely on Campbell, we like him, but we're going to add competition at WR,' then said 'I like Patmon/Strahan, but they have to prove it,' and also literally said "we need more weapons." 

So he probably doesn't value WR as much as you think he should, but I think you got the wrong impression from his answer. 

I don't want him to add competition to Campbell. I want him to add a surefire starter for whom there is no doubt will take Campbell's spot, who has been injured throughout his whole career with us. Nothing against Campbell but when I hear we will add competition to Campbell, I hear "we will add someone who might be healthy for the team". Competition for Campbell is incredibly low bar. 

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

IIRC, Campbell was drafted to be a slot WR.  But I don't know if that was the case last season.

Archived