Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Groh and Press Taylor are gone

Restinpeacesweetchloe

10 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Remember when we had great wide receivers? I sure do. 

Ballard pretty much said in his end of season press conference that he doesn’t value the wide receiver position as highly as other positions. I forget his exact quotes.

He did draft Pittman and Campbell in the 2nd round though.

Ballard and Reich really benefited in making the coaching changes to satisfy Irsay and at the same time not look like the bad guy by firing them. (Except Baker DL). 

I think our poor offensive performance stems from these coaches. (WR and schematics) The last one that needs to go is the QB coach. He did nothing to fix Carson Wentz.  IMO, Marcus Brady is on Ballard's HOT seat. If we can upgrade we should do it.

Reich has his struggles ahead as Pederson (his ex boss) is coaching the Jags. Looks to me like Pederson knows Reich's tendencies as a play caller. 

1 minute ago, AustexColt said:

Ballard and Reich really benefited in making the coaching changes to satisfy Irsay and at the same time not look like the bad guy by firing them. (Except Baker DL). 

I think our poor offensive performance stems from these coaches. (WR and schematics) The last one that needs to go is the QB coach. He did nothing to fix Carson Wentz.  IMO, Marcus Brady is on Ballard's HOT seat. If we can upgrade we should do it.

Reich has his struggles ahead as Pederson (his ex boss) is coaching the Jags. Looks to me like Pederson knows Reich's tendencies as a play caller. 

I think you might have a point in the first paragraph.

But Marcus Brady is not the QB coach anymore, it's Scott Milanovich. Parks Frazier is the assistant QB coach. Brady never served as Wentz's position coach.

And Reich was never the play caller when he was with Pederson in Philly.

Whoever was helping Carson FAILED. Period.  Per Irsay they should be gone.

As for Marcus Brady, as the OC... he is responsible to do quality control and strategize the offensive game plan. The play sheet sucked. Example:  He underutilized Hines, WR including having quick ones like DeMichael, Keke and Michael Strachan. NO CREATIVITY. Sirianni was creative and enthusiastic. Marcus Brady was a DUD. I also blame Reich for all of this. We drafted Strachan to be a WR not ST.  Can you imagine if Cincy shelved Tee Higgins because he did not play on ST?  

Not to put on the tin foil hat (really, I'm not!), but, well, we're beginning to run out of every person that Frank Reich has ever coached, coached with, played with, attended church with, played shuffleboard with, watched the combine with, watched I Love Lucy with, wrote a Christmas card to, attended their kids' little league games with, rode The Beast at King's Island with, spoke to their agent, or accidentally cold called.

What does mean for the team?

Dunno.  But it was certainly fun writing everything above.

24 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think you might have a point in the first paragraph.

But Marcus Brady is not the QB coach anymore, it's Scott Milanovich. Parks Frazier is the assistant QB coach. Brady never served as Wentz's position coach.

And Reich was never the play caller when he was with Pederson in Philly.

Oh god I bet Frazier gets promoted.

42 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

As for Marcus Brady, as the OC... he is responsible to do quality control and strategize the offensive game plan. The play sheet sucked. Example:  He underutilized Hines, WR including having quick ones like DeMichael, Keke and Michael Strachan. NO CREATIVITY. Sirianni was creative and enthusiastic. Marcus Brady was a DUD. I also blame Reich for all of this. We drafted Strachan to be a WR not ST.  Can you imagine if Cincy shelved Tee Higgins because he did not play on ST?  

Oh, Dear God!   What a ridiculous terrible mess on every imaginable level.    Awful. 

:facepalm:

Just now, Superman said:

What do you even know about Parks Frazier? And what does the assistant QB coach have to do with the now vacant WR coach position?

Because I would like someone with fresh eyes.

7 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Hmm who could it be. What former Colt WR could get the WR coaching job.

Could TY Hilton be retiring and then become the the new WR coach lol.

26 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Yet, they're not gone. Have it your way, Reich, and every other offensive assistant would be fired. And yet, they aren't. So why not move on?

As for Marcus Brady, and the game planning and play calling, there's plenty of criticism that can be spread around. But that includes Wentz. I guarantee left handed passes while being tackled are not in the game plan. 

I don't think any of us knows very much about what Nick Sirianni did or didn't bring to the offense. Same as we don't know very much what Marcus Brady brings or doesn't bring.

And to the bolded, imagine if Mike Strachan was as good as Tee Higgins? This is a ridiculous example, and you're just laughably wrong on this one all the way around. Basically any player drafted on Day 3 better be ready to play STs if he wants to dress on game day. And this is common knowledge.

2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

yep….

https://brobible.com/sports/article/reggie-wayne-colts-hall-of-fame-coach/

Love Reggie, would be cool to see him back as a coach, does he have what it takes? :thinking:

Seems like that tweet might of been in response to Reggie making the HOF. But it would be cool. We will see if he made HOF. Wow that was very recently he made those comments too. Guess we will see. Keefer seemed to be excited with whoever it is.

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Seems like that tweet might of been in response to Reggie making the HOF. But it would be cool. We will see if he made HOF. Wow that was very recently he made those comments too. Guess we will see. Keefer seemed to be excited with whoever it is.

from the article….

Reich…….

“Oh man, Reggie, he’s the best,” Reich said. “And sometimes as a coach, when you get a former player that’s done what someone like Reggie has done — which few *people have done what Reggie has done — we’re always excited. But furthermore, when you actually *coached the guy, it takes it to a whole new level of excitement, because I know the kind of person and the kind of pro that we’re getting. I know his knowledge of the game, his leadership on the field — really, with the whole team — but specifically with the wide receiver group can be dynamic.”

Reggie when asked about his return to coach……

“Too early to tell,” he said. “I enjoyed it. I think coaching is in my blood, I think it’s something that I would want to do. It’s just got to be the right time.”

3 hours ago, AustexColt said:

WR including having quick ones like DeMichael, Keke and Michael Strachan. NO CREATIVITY. I also blame Reich for all of this. We drafted Strachan to be a WR not ST.  Can you imagine if Cincy shelved Tee Higgins because he did not play on ST?  

Strachan is not a "quick" receiver..

And what has Strachan done to even be compared to Tee Higgins?

18 minutes ago, IinD said:

I remember Reggie's story he'd tell about how he learned to catch. His brother would throw rocks at him so he had to learn quick .. Lol

Get that guy back here.

Jerry rices dad was a brick layer and Jerry said he was always catching bricks. Pretty interesting. 

4 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Jerry rices dad was a brick layer and Jerry said he was always catching bricks. Pretty interesting. 

Totally makes sense. Those guys clamped down and caught almost anything thrown at them.

I feel like a former Hof WR could transition pretty well into coaching it if they really wanted to. It wouldn't be like he's coming in to coordinate an entire offense.

Who better to teach you route running and everything you need to know about being a wr? This is all if he wanted to of course.

Archived