Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady Retiring after 22 Seasons

Shadow_Creek

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill Barnwell of ESPN wrote an article a few days ago stating that Ariens and the Bucs could be interested in trading for Wentz if Brady retires.  He mentioned Ariens is a big fan of Wentz and has been for a long time. He fits all the measurements and traits that Ariens covets in a QB.  Barnwell suggested a 1st rd pick for Wentz.  It could be Wentz’s rebound this year helped him in the eyes of the other front offices. I think most Colts fan would find it hard to believe we would get a 1st for Wentz.  If the Colts agreed to pay the bonus he’s due in March as part of the trade it might have a chance of happening.  Who knows.

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Bill Barnwell of ESPN wrote an article a few days ago stating that Ariens and the Bucs could be interested in trading for Wentz if Brady retires.  He mentioned Ariens is a big fan of Wentz and has been for a long time. He fits all the measurements and traits that Ariens covets in a QB.  Barnwell suggested a 1st rd pick for Wentz.  It could be Wentz’s rebound this year helped him in the eyes of the other front offices. I think most Colts fan would find it hard to believe we would get a 1st for Wentz.  If the Colts agreed to pay the bonus he’s due in March as part of the trade it might have a chance of happening.  Who knows.

I read that earlier and laughed. He isn’t young anymore where you can mold him. He has a proven track record. Colts are not trading him without a upgrade either.

7 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I read that earlier and laughed. He isn’t young anymore where you can mold him. He has a proven track record. Colts are not trading him without a upgrade either.

Dick Vermiel would disagree.    Kurt Warner was 27 when he signed with the Rams.   Humans are capable of changing our entire lives

9 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He just needed a chance. He didn’t have six years of mediocre or bad play. It’s easy to say Arians liked him when he came out or the year after but once he gets a track record of medicare or bad play that changes.

I think Wentz had a pretty good year actually considering the receivers he was throwing to and all of the other circumstances he had to deal with.  Ariens might feel the same way.  

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I think Wentz had a pretty good year actually considering the receivers he was throwing to and all of the other circumstances he had to deal with.  Ariens might feel the same way.  

He did ok. I just done see anyone thinking he is good enough to trade for him and make him a starter.  Colts would have to have a serious upgrade to even think of doing that.

33 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah.  He was bagging groceries because he was a great QB

He was discovered when Dick Vermeil was leaving the grocery store, and Warner had forgotten to pack Vermeil's Mamey Sapote (called the football fruit). As Vermeil walked away, Warner lobbed the Mamey over Vermeil's shoulder and it landed softly on the pack of Charmin. The rest, as they say, is history. True story. 

mamey.jpg

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He did ok. I just done see anyone thinking he is good enough to trade for him and make him a starter.  Colts would have to have a serious upgrade to even think of doing that.

Well the Colts did it after he had a horrible year and made him a starter.  Not saying they are going to do it but I wouldn’t rule it out entirely.  There will probably be a lot of QB movement this year.  Mariotta and Trubisky will be free agents.  Who knows.

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Well the Colts did it after he had a horrible year and made him a starter.  Not saying they are going to do it but I wouldn’t rule it out entirely.  There will probably be a lot of QB movement this year.  Mariotta and Trubisky will be free agents.  Who knows.

I think it’s different though giving someone a second chance. Third chances are very unlikely.

There were 7 rings given to mortal men, and Tom Brady got all of them. :)  Lord of The Rings!!! 

Good luck with your next venture, Tom!!! Great to see you walk you in great physical shape, I am sure other QBs wished they could be at your physical level when they walked away. Enjoy HOF 1st ballot in a few years and all the time you get to enjoy with family.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

There were 7 rings given to mortal men, and Tom Brady got all of them. :)  Lord of The Rings!!! 

Good luck with your next venture, Tom!!! Great to see you walk you in great physical shape, I am sure other QBs wished they could be at your physical level when they walked away. Enjoy HOF 1st ballot in a few years and all the time you get to enjoy with family.

Did I miss something?  I agree he's probably going to announce soon, but I haven't seen an official announcement?

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Did I miss something?  I agree he's probably going to announce soon, but I haven't seen an official announcement?

It is still speculation right now.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/29/report-tom-brady-retirement-announcement-likely-coming-soon/

I am thinking that once the SB teams are finalized, we will see something next week. Hey, he could pull a Michael Jordan, and come back out of retirement in a year or two, LOL. :) 

"Cheating" is a constant in sports. In every football game holding and tripping acts are missed by officials. A catcher in baseball cheats every time he moves his glove over the plate after he knows the ball missed the strike zone. Remember when the baseball player did not have to touch second base for a force-out while making a double play?

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

He didn't throw to any receivers. Sometimes he would throw in their area. 

5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

"Cheating" is a constant in sports. In every football game holding and tripping acts are missed by officials. A catcher in baseball cheats every time he moves his glove over the plate after he knows the ball missed the strike zone. Remember when the baseball player did not have to touch second base for a force-out while making a double play?

Systemic cheating over years and years using two different modalities (and maybe more) is a bit different. 

11 minutes ago, King Colt said:

This is your reasoning to excuse Patriots cheating?

Just now, Gramz said:

The amazing thing for me, is how incredibly physically fit he still is.

Most QBs go out battered and bruise, an empty husk of what they used to be. Especially the greats. Brady looks like he could keep playing at a high level for several more seasons. It's unreal.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think Ballard would jump for joy if he was offered a first.   Wouldn’t be able to say YES! fast enough. 

But while I think Arians MIGHT still be interested in Wentz, I don’t see a first round offer in our future.   Right now, today, Wentz is a depreciating asset.   If we were able to get a 2 and a 4, I think Ballard would gladly take it.  

Still…. I don’t see this happening. 

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Most QBs go out battered and bruise, an empty husk of what they used to be. Especially the greats. Brady looks like he could keep playing at a high level for several more seasons. It's unreal.

That's what I was saying. 

I'm glad he's calling it a career.  :default_20smile:

13 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Wonder if Tampa could be a good spot for Rodgers with all those weapons.

Tampa has all kinds of cap problems.   They made it work last year but this year will be even tougher.  Rogers most likely too expensive.  I’m expecting Rogers to the Broncos.

Archived