Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard Press Conference

IrsaysArmy

Press conference at Noon. Will this be live streamed anywhere? 

Im interested to see what he has to say. He hasn’t spoken all year. He’s a professional that always has the right thing to say but I hope he shakes it up a bit today.

press conference I think is tomorrow I believe 

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A word of caution.  He will get some questions about Ellinger and will he be given the opportunity to become our QB next year.  He will say a lot of nice things about him and his attributes and how quickly he is learning, working hard and improving.  The same stuff he said about Jacoby and Eason.  Nice GM speak.  That’s all it is.  No one should get all excited about his comments.  He’s not risking his reputation and job on Ellinger.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

A word of caution.  He will get some questions about Ellinger and will he be given the opportunity to become our QB next year.  He will say a lot of nice things about him and his attributes and how quickly he is learning, working hard and improving.  The same stuff he said about Jacoby and Eason.  Nice GM speak.  That’s all it is.  No one should get all excited about his comments.  He’s not risking his reputation and job on Ellinger.

Hope not.

18 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Knowing Ballard he is livid and will make changes . Irsay always drops clues ,when he said big changes I am convinced Marcus Brady the Qb coach and Brian baker will be on the chopping block .

Doubtful. This mindset is very much simple "bad QB performance means the OC and QB are at fault" and "bad pass rush means it's the DL coach's fault" without any nuance or other factors being considered. I don't want to derail this thread, but I disagree.

37 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Im interested to see what he has to say. He hasn’t spoken all year. He’s a professional that always has the right thing to say but I hope he shakes it up a bit today.

Another question.  How does this team come back with Wentz next year in light of his poor play and the fact that he is still unvaccinated?

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Another question.  How does this team come back with Wentz next year in light of his poor play and the fact that he is still unvaccinated?

Here's to hoping that with the direction Omicron seems to be taking Covid, that by next season we are all just "living" with it, and his vaccination status will be no different than his stance on what is the best flavor of pop tart.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

"Look, we tried this, we tried that, it did not work out. Look, no one is happy with the way things ended but we will learn from it, load up and be better next year." In other words, expect the expected, including several "looks".  :) 

Pretty much!

2 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Here's to hoping that with the direction Omicron seems to be taking Covid, that by next season we are all just "living" with it, and his vaccination status will be no different than his stance on what is the best flavor of pop tart.

That is why my friend who is vaccinated with 2 jabs said that he wanted to wait till all variants are done and they come up with 1 booster that works with all variants and he will get that booster as THE booster for himself. :) 

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

"Look, we tried this, we tried that, it did not work out. Look, no one is happy with the way things ended but we will learn from it, load up and be better next year." In other words, expect the expected, including several "looks".  :) 

Take a shot of whiskey every time he says "look." It's fun, trust mehkljfdr^*%$*^#hkg

15 minutes ago, Shive said:

Doubtful. This mindset is very much simple "bad QB performance means the OC and QB are at fault" and "bad pass rush means it's the DL coach's fault" without any nuance or other factors being considered. I don't want to derail this thread, but I disagree.

It’s the coaches job to get the most out of the players .  The defensive has talent it’s not completely bare .   sane with wentz  he looks the same from 2020 . If you are good enough to lead the mvp race for 13 weeks coaches should at least make him look decent .    I know there are many factors but in the nfl we have seen QBs do much better with coaching changes . 

I don't think there will be significant changes like a lot are expecting. Fair or not, COVID and injuries will be blamed the most for the failures of this season most likely. Not much we can do right now. I'm not happy, but I don't really see how we can improve by simply firing everyone without getting upgrades with our replacements.

18 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

I like blueberry.  

1 hour ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Expect transparency lol

4 minutes ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

Oh and about that meeting the other night, when I was about to leave his office

Mr Irsay whispered 

Chris if I ever hear you use the phrase Delayed Gratification you are done  

Who here thinks Wentz gets dumped?  I think Flus is gone...D and Oline coaches r gone. Frank gives up play calling to focus more on coaching.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Who here thinks Wentz gets dumped?  I think Flus is gone...D and Oline coaches r gone. Frank gives up play calling to focus more on coaching.

I’d be shocked. We just gave up our 1st rounder for him. For that reason, he gets another year 

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I doubt anyone is going anywhere unless Flus is a really good interviewer and gets either the Bears or Dolphins job. Injuries continue to be a disaster for us when it matters most. Ya-Sin going down this past Sunday did not help our already dire backfield situation.

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I doubt anyone is going anywhere unless Flus is a really good interviewer and gets either the Bears or Dolphins job. Injuries continue to be a disaster for us when it matters most. Ya-Sin going down this past Sunday did not help our already dire backfield situation.

I agree. Flus is only leaving if he gets a HC job elsewhere (which is possible, especially if Ed Dobbs is hired as the Bears GM).

5 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Could someone summarize it quick when its over?

It’s tomorrow. I can make a summary as it’s going on and post  it after if I am back home in time. Otherwise I can do it later in the afternoon. Can also post some tweets. I might be home but I expect to miss the beginning My appointment is 2.5 hrs.  It will also be posted Youtube and stuff later on if you miss it.

Archived