Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts try out Prince Amukamara

Restinpeacesweetchloe

You can tell we're a bit desperate.

Prince is the Anti-Ballard Cornerback candidate.    

We all know CB likes his corner's to have arms of at least 32 inches in length.   Just double checked, and his arms are sub-31 inches.  His bio says 30.5.    Wowza!!   Alligator arms!    :omg:

Brian Poole's arms are 31, issue is he is only 5'9 and much more a slot corner.

Anthony Chesley I would guess would get the call up if needed, didnt play great vs Ravens (Wasnt Bo Pete bad but seemed lost at  times) but allowed 0 completions on 2 targets and a pff grade of 71.6 on the season. 

4 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

Kenny Moore has been getting cooked this year I’ll say it since no one else is going to

I’ve commented on Kenny several times this year.   So I’ll respond to your comment.  

You’d be right about KM but only for the first 9-10 weeks.   At that point he started playing like the Kenny Moore we all know and love.   He’s played at a really high level since, though I think I read he had a surprisingly poor game vs the Raiders, though I could be mistaken here.  

I don’t know if he had an injury that he kept quiet, but typically when a player with a track record of success has a sharp fall off I tend to think there’s a legit reason for why?   There’s typically a good reason why a good player with good character suddenly goes bad.   I’m just glad he’s back playing at a high Kenny Moore-like level.   

And yes, while I love Darius and DeForest, KM is my favorite Colts player after some quarterback who used to play for us.    :thmup:

4 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

Kenny Moore has been getting cooked this year I’ll say it since no one else is going to

Cooked early when taken vertically. Cooked last week for the same reason. 

He's great horizontally (sideline to sideline), but extremely vulnerable if the play call ask him to go vertical. 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’ve commented on Kenny several times this year.   So I’ll respond to your comment.  

You’d be right about KM but only for the first 9-10 weeks.   At that point he started playing like the Kenny Moore we all know and love.   He’s played at a really high level since, though I think I read he had a surprisingly poor game vs the Raiders, though I could be mistaken here.  

I don’t know if he had an injury that he kept quiet, but typically when a player with a track record of success has a sharp fall off I tend to think there’s a legit reason for why?   There’s typically a good reason why a good player with good character suddenly goes bad.   I’m just glad he’s back playing at a high Kenny Moore-like level.   

And yes, while I love Darius and DeForest, KM is my favorite Colts player after some quarterback who used to play for us.    :thmup:

Kenny has given up 82 catches in 117 targets this year both number 1 . Teams are going at him 

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Cooked early when taken vertically. Cooked last week for the same reason. 

He's great horizontally (sideline to sideline), but extremely vulnerable if the play call ask him to go vertical. 

Yea Kenny Could play like FS for us pick up a couple lbs but he has given up number one in the league 82 catches this year 

14 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Kenny has given up 82 catches in 117 targets this year both number 1 . Teams are going at him 

Thanks.   Good info.  

I’m only noting he had very poor PFF grades for 9-10 weeks.  But since then, his marks have gone up sharply.  He’s playing more like his old self than he did in the first half of the season. 

On 1/6/2022 at 6:19 PM, NewColtsFan said:

You can tell we're a bit desperate.

Prince is the Anti-Ballard Cornerback candidate.    

We all know CB likes his corner's to have arms of at least 32 inches in length.   Just double checked, and his arms are sub-31 inches.  His bio says 30.5.    Wowza!!   Alligator arms!    :omg:

Sometimes that extra inch/inch and half makes a big difference! 

Ba-dum-ching!

17 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

So cooked, he made the pro bowl. Didn’t have a great game against Vegas but to say he’s been getting cooked this YEAR is a bit of an overstatement. But, it is a week to week league.

6 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

So cooked, he made the pro bowl. Didn’t have a great game against Vegas but to say he’s been getting cooked this YEAR is a bit of an overstatement. But, it is a week to week league.

Pro bowl doesn’t automatically mean your good maybe popular

30426758-F421-41A7-98B8-64B05B7294E4.jpeg.83cbfb30a15bfee8a0a619cf2ad55b79.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Kenny has had a career year. His stats show it. He had been a play maker which his stats show. The slot is hard spot to play. You have a lot of speedy guys and TE that are hard to cover.

Corner is a hard position to play I’m just saying he has been picked on , out of all our corners they go after him 

I thought Moore played better last season.  Slot is very tough.  Cupp and Renfroe definitely got the better of him like they do most who play them one on one.  To be fair if Leonard doesn’t whiff on the sack Renfroe doesn’t make that final catch to seal the game. 

13 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

Yea Kenny Could play like FS for us pick up a couple lbs but he has given up number one in the league 82 catches this year 

Yup, I mentioned earlier this year he was getting targeted a lot more after he got burnt vertically a few times. 

Not really worried, as I think it's more scheme/calls, than him. Like I said, he's very good when asked to do what NBs traditionally do. It's only when he's required to go vertically does he get in trouble.

His passer rating allowed is still low 80s, which is pretty darn good. Flus just needs to keep him off outside WRs that go top. 

Archived