Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders (8-7) @ Colts (9-6), Sunday, January 2nd, 2022, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, krunk said:

I just don't know what has gone on at times this year with the pass blocking versus what we had last year.  It's just not as good.  Maybe most of last year was a function of Rivers getting rid of it fast. 

Two things about this team - not many receivers that beat 1-on-1s and an OL that run blocks better than pass blocks 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I just don't know what has gone on at times this year with the pass blocking versus what we had last year.  It's just not as good.  Maybe most of last year was a function of Rivers getting rid of it fast. 

I think it's Wentz letting the clock run down.  Defense is yo-yo'ing and timing the snap well.  The pass rushers are almost through the line as the ball is getting snapped.

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Wentz again let’s the play clock run down & the defense can time up their blitz. Get the dang ball snapped sooner. 

This is probably my #1 complaint with Wentz. When he does this repeatedly the way he does it helps lead to those ill-advised decisions he makes in an emergency. 

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I thought I'd start a thread in case people were into the summer olympics as much as I am.   I'm all in on team USA basketball, anyone catch the game last night?
    • Google says Joe Flacco is 245lbs. Appears AR has a frame that can carry more muscle than typical QBs. Nothing to worry about bc some people are like that.  When I played semi-pro in my 20s, I weighed in at 225lbs at 5-10. I had a visible 6 pack when I flexed but my teammates called me fatty when I was on the scale lol. If I were to guess he will be around 235-240 by season end bc it’s hard to keep the muscle on while dealing with the aches and pains of playing the game. 
    • I think there are two equally strong and compelling arguments.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Kelly is or isn’t extended.     Kelly had a very good year last year (23)   But both his 22 and 21 seasons were less successful.     His 23 season graded in the mid to upper 70’s.   His 22 season his grades were in the mid to upper 60’s.  And his 21 season his grades were in the upper 50’s.     Now those two years were impacted by injuries.  You can see how his score jumped when given health.     I’m of the opinion that 24 will be Kelly’s last year as a Colt.  Bortolini would take over the year after.   And that 25 will be Smiths last year.  I think our 25 first round pick will be a RT and replace Smith in 26.     But both are guesses and I could easily be wrong. 
    • FWIW:   Kelly was asked about possible retirement I think sometime last December….   And he literally laughed at the reporters who asked.  Said he had no interest or intention to retire.     I wasn’t sure if you were aware if this and just wanted to share.  
    • I doubt he's slowed down. We do have a fitness staff that moniters diets,training etc .
  • Members