Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Now we know why TY will talk with Doyle

Restinpeacesweetchloe

It's really insignificant if they both retire as far as the teams production is concerned, especially going forward. 

TY was a excellent receiver, maybe Top 3 ever in Indy and his production in his prime was much appreciated.... one of my all time favorite Indy players.... Doyle has been a solid TE receiving & blocking for years since the Griggs days.

Hopefully they will be replaced by players that will have more impact than they have been in last year or two.

Good luck to them in after football life. 

I will just have fun with this because it is off topic but it does relate to TY so legit here:

Imagine taking on this offensive all-time Indianapolis Colts team:

QB - Peyton Manning

RB - Eric Dickerson

WR 1 - Marvin Harrison

WR 2 - Reggie Wayne

Slot - TY Hilton

TE - Dallas Clark

LOT - Chris Hinton

LG - Quenton Nelson

C - Jeff Saturday

RG - Braden Smith - put him at Guard which was his natural position.

RT - Ryan Diem

-Hell we would average 40 points a game in today's league lmao 

Doyle will be missed more than TY since he’s like a 6th OL at times and even JT has mentioned how important Doyle’s communication has been with him as to how he will block certain guys on certain Ds so JT knows where the gap will happen on the TE strong side.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will just have fun with this because it is off topic but it does relate to TY so legit here:

QB - Peyton Manning

RB - Eric Dickerson

WR 1 - Marvin Harrison

WR 2 - Reggie Wayne

Slot - TY Hilton

TE - Dallas Clark

LOT - Chris Hinton

LG - Quenton Nelson

C - Jeff Saturday

RT - Ryan Diem

I'd put Kelly at C, Meadows at RT, arguable at RB among Dickerson, Edge and Taylor (small sample size, but this is shaping up to be arguably the best season by an Indy RB ever). And maybe Tarik Glen at LT.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

QB - Peyton Manning

RB - Eric Dickerson

WR 1 - Marvin Harrison

WR 2 - Reggie Wayne

Slot - TY Hilton

TE - Dallas Clark

LOT - Chris Hinton

LG - Quenton Nelson

C - Jeff Saturday

RT - Ryan Diem

I’d probably go Taylor at running back or Edge.

id go Slot at RG.  Other than that I agree.  

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Do we have anyone better than Doyle?

No.  Most people who complain about Doyle don’t value all the ugly things he does.  His blocking a lone is huge.  He’s also a reliable move the sticks guy in that when you need a big catch for three to five yards for you on third down he’s going to get it.  

however, some people want big play tighteneds and Doyle was never going to be that thus they don’t like him.  

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No.  Most people who complain about Doyle don’t value all the ugly things he does.  His blocking a lone is huge.  He’s also a reliable move the sticks guy in that when you need a big catch for three to five yards for you on third down he’s going to get it.  

however, some people want big play tighteneds and Doyle was never going to be that thus they don’t like him.  

Honestly, I love Doyle. He's such a great story; self made player who battled to stick around and eventually became a valuable starter. But I'm with those who believe the Colts need an impact TE to help take this offense to another level. Add in an upgrade over TY, another great Colt past his prime, and the offense could truly soar. 

1 minute ago, Hoose said:

Honestly, I love Doyle. He's such a great story; self made player who battled to stick around and eventually became a valuable starter. But I'm with those who believe the Colts need an impact TE to help take this offense to another level. Add in an upgrade over TY, another great Colt past his prime, and the offense could truly soar. 

You can have more than one tightend.  Granson was drafted to be exactly what you said.  It might take a little time for him to develop into it.  I have no problem with wanting a big play free agent along with Doyle.  I take more issue with people who say Doyle sucks because he’s NOT a home run threat at tightend.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

QB - Peyton Manning

RB - Eric Dickerson

WR 1 - Marvin Harrison

WR 2 - Reggie Wayne

Slot - TY Hilton

TE - Dallas Clark

LOT - Chris Hinton

LG - Quenton Nelson

C - Jeff Saturday

RT - Ryan Diem

LT Tarik Glenn 

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

QB - Peyton Manning

RB - Eric Dickerson

WR 1 - Marvin Harrison

WR 2 - Reggie Wayne

Slot - TY Hilton

TE - Dallas Clark

LOT - Chris Hinton

LG - Quenton Nelson

C - Jeff Saturday

RT - Ryan Diem

You have recency bias. :P

I know all those players, including Chris Hinton who played for the Vikings in his later years. I was a fan of his. We used to have good OLs then.

Why is everyone ready to get rid of Doyle? He seems to be an invaluable asset to the offense.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

You have recency bias. :P

I know all those players, including Chris Hinton who played for the Vikings in his later years. I was a fan of his. We used to have good OLs then.

Why is everyone ready to get rid of Doyle? He seems to be an invaluable asset to the offense.

Doyle has always been above average to good IMO, I have no idea why anyone wouldn't want him on our team. I guess they see a player like Mo who is so athletic that they figure Doyle is expendable. I like both on our team.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Doyle has always been above average to good IMO, I have no idea why anyone wouldn't want him on our team. I guess they see a player like Mo who is so athletic that they figure Doyle is expendable. I like both on our team.

Because everyone wants an Andrews or Ertz. 

Archived