Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Jags at Colts Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Safe to say this jags defense is for real. Did same thing to us they did to the Bills.

Paye was a wrecking ball. Dayo with a nice play too. We might of got it right Finally.

Give credit to defense for stepping up and Wentz for that final drive to kick the FG.

This was a good test. Ugly game and win.

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

The offense went to sleep real early and refused to get out of bed. 

Give jags credit. Second week in a row. They are good defense.

For all the nice playcalling last week back to the same old same old. I guess Frank didn’t realize after the first two series that the Jags were NOT going to let them run all over the field. Up the gut, up the gut to no avail. Jeez! It took the last drive for the Colts to start passing downfield. I even heard the boo birds at home.

Dayo and Paye both contributed more this game than I believe Turay, Lewis and Banagou did their rookie years.  Yeah that’s probably not true but both players contributed. Let’s hope this jump starts a strong finish to the season for those two!!   Back to .500 with some tough games coming.  Should be fun to watch either way

Just now, bluephantom87 said:

For all the nice playcalling last week back to the same old same old. I guess Frank didn’t realize after the first two series that the Jags were NOT going to let them run all over the field. Up the gut, up the gut to no avail. Jeez! It took the last drive for the Colts to start passing downfield. I even heard the boo birds at home.

Look down field. We have no speed and skill at the wr position. Teams stack the box and go man and the wrist  can't separate. 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Safe to say this jags defense is for real. Did same thing to us they did to the Bills.

Paye was a wrecking ball. Dayo with a nice play too. We might of got it right Finally.

Give credit to defense for stepping up and Wentz for that final drive to kick the FG.

I know they are. But it’s obvious the offense wasn’t clicking. 

The oline reared its ugly head again in the 2nd half. Not sure if it had to do with Braden injury last week or Nelson's injury earlier in the game. They were awful in both pass protection and run blocking in the 2nd half and seemed to get worse and worse as the game progressed. Even the last drive needed Wentz heroics to escape a pass rush where every member of their Dline beat our Oline..

Wentz played pretty meh overall, but he didn't turn the ball over. Sometimes that's what you need.

Our D stepped up to save this game. I'd hope they would be able to against that offense however..

This was an average game for the 2021 Colts.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Teams stack the box and shut down the run. There is no way we r going to the play offs. U think we r beating the Pats or  Bucs? WE NEED A WR WITH SPEED AND THE ABILITY TO SCARE THE D!!!!! The real sad part about this game is the penalties on the Oline after a huge run. Watch put for the Pats. They r for real.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Look down field. We have no speed and skill at the wr position. Teams stack the box and go man and the wrist  can't separate. 

That's why he HAS to scheme with rubs, misdirection, stack formations and quick slants UNTIL he can get some speed receivers. Too many slow developing passing plays.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

You are right, no speed at all. I know TY has been injured.  I sure hope he can get healthier so he can contribute.  Today was his 32nd birthday but he looks done. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to admit I was chewing on Tums towards the end, Tums and beer is a bad combo, YUCK! I pictured Lawrence throwing a TD to Arnold with no time left. Nice gutty win, I will take it.

Yup, I was pacing like a lion in a cage repeating.. C'mon don't * lose...

The Colts rookies out played the Jags rookie.  Paye lived in the Jags back field and had several pressures and got his first half sack today.  Then Hurricane Dayo got the strip for the W.

Defense was much better today, playing the Jags helped with that.  Still more blitzes and tighter coverage and it yielded better results other than when they went soft a few times and the Jags had success.

Ive defended Frank’s coaching most of the season outside of his play calling.but today was not good.  They just never adjusted on offense.  The Jags just kept blitzing one more than the Colts could block and the Colts kept trying to pound it into the line and throw screens that weren’t there all day.  Finally on the last drive they started to throw it down the field a little bit and it worked when Wentz wasn’t wild.

Speaking of Wentz easily his worst game he’s played since the first Titans game.  He wasn’t reading the field well, the pressure clearly bothered him, he was wild on his throws at times, and he needs to stop this left hand throw stuff.  
The corners were lights out today.  Rock was basically a shut down corner today as the Jags didn’t test him.  Moore played his best game of the season.  Rodgers was very good on the other side too,  honestly once they got out of the zone play scared of the deep pass the corners are much better.  Trust them to be a little more aggressive.  
Special teams was really good.  One blocked punt, close on another, and put heat on a third punt.  Badgley has still yet to mess.  Thank goodness a kicker finally missed vs the Colts too.

5 minutes ago, colts89 said:

The oline reared its ugly head again in the 2nd half. Not sure if it had to do with Braden injury last week or Nelson's injury earlier in the game. They were awful in both pass protection and run blocking in the 2nd half and seemed to get worse and worse as the game progressed. Even the last drive needed Wentz heroics to escape a pass rush where every member of their Dline beat our Oline..

Wentz played pretty meh overall, but he didn't turn the ball over. Sometimes that's what you need.

Our D stepped up to save this game. I'd hope they would be able to against that offense however..

This was an average game for the 2021 Colts.

it was a  communication  problem all game . jags kept sending 5 rushers colts would double team one guy leaving a free runner . it was embarrassing . all teams have to do is blitz every play colts cant pick it up

Archived