Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Paye INT?

IndyD4U

Just now, IndyD4U said:

Looked like a clean pick to me. What did I miss?

We were better off with the incomplete pass, but still wondering what’s up with the call. 

Not that it matters as a play, but I thought it showed great athleticism on his part.   

There is an argument for it hitting the ground but I didn’t think there was clear and obvious video evidence to overturn the call on the field but the NFL seems to move the goal post on what is clear and obvious video evidence from play to play so who knows.

As it was the Colts actually got better field position with the dropped pass than the INT so I am nit going to spend much time on it.

When you see the refs change calls when things are down right obvious it amazes me when people think those who doubt refs morality are crazy. It really just blows my mind at this point. But im one of the crazies what do I know? 

I didnt see this play but ill never pass up a chance to call out dirty ref calls. 

16 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

When you see the refs change calls when things are down right obvious it amazes me when people think those who doubt refs morality are crazy. It really just blows my mind at this point. But im one of the crazies what do I know? 

I didnt see this play but ill never pass up a chance to call out dirty ref calls. 

How do you know it was dirty ref call if you didn’t see it?

16 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

How do you know it was dirty ref call if you didn’t see it?

I absolutely don't. I just know they keep games "competitive" on a regular basis. A call here or there keeps things competitive. It doesn't have to fix the game. Just influence it. If you think this doesn't happen I dont really understand that logic, as if we don't see humans every day do things for their own gain or make questionable decisions for the same reason. Why are refs above this? 

I wouldnt be surprised if they did change a call for the reasons above. That is all. In the end I watch football for my own enjoyment regardless of my opinion about the refs. 

6 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I absolutely don't. I just know they keep games "competitive" on a regular basis. A call here or there keeps things competitive. It doesn't have to fix the game. Just influence it. If you think this doesn't happen I dont really understand that logic, as if we don't see humans every day do things for their own gain or make questionable decisions for the same reason. Why are refs above this? 

I wouldnt be surprised if they did change a call for the reasons above. That is all. In the end I watch football for my own enjoyment regardless of my opinion about the refs. 

Well this was when it was 31-3 I believe (might have been 24-3) so if they blew it it wasn’t to keep the game competitive.  In fact them overturning the call helped the Colts more because it was a 4th down and the Colts got better field position from the incomplete pass than they would have from the pick. So I don’t think there was any grand conspiracy on this one.

11 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I think the NFL is what?   75 years old?   Older?

And in all that time, who is the former official who came out and said….   “We’re instructed to keep games close.   Not fix them, but try to keep them competitive.  It keeps interest in the games as high as possible.”

Which game official or league official has said that.   To the best of my knowledge, no one has.   Don’t you think SOMEONE would have written a book, or shown up on 60 minutes or talked to The NY Times by now?   There would be a fortune to be made if you’re the first person to make the claim.   And yet, no one has come forward.  No one has made such a claim.   I think that under-cuts your viewpoint. 

19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well this was when it was 31-3 I believe (might have been 24-3) so if they blew it it wasn’t to keep the game competitive.  In fact them overturning the call helped the Colts more because it was a 4th down and the Colts got better field position from the incomplete pass than they would have from the pick. So I don’t think there was any grand conspiracy on this one.

Im not calling every single call biased for ratings. And it isnt about who the call benefits. 

38 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I really wanted him to get that even if it didn't mean much for the game

It did look like the ball moved when it hit the ground though.  We didn't get many replays, and they moved on pretty fast

I think it moved but Kwity kept his hands under it and got control without it hitting the field...

45 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And in all that time, who is the former official who came out and said….   “We’re instructed to keep games close.   Not fix them, but try to keep them competitive.  It keeps interest in the games as high as possible.”

Which game official or league official has said that.   To the best of my knowledge, no one has.   Don’t you think SOMEONE would have written a book, or shown up on 60 minutes or talked to The NY Times by now?   There would be a fortune to be made if you’re the first person to make the claim.   And yet, no one has come forward.  No one has made such a claim.   I think that under-cuts your viewpoint. 

The NFL is in year 101

23 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Here's the thing it only benefited Kwity and they robbed a man of his great effort...because they can and it really didn't benefit teams. 

They can nearly call any play how they like. Im not so attached to the game that it rattles my life when a bad call is made. 

13 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Yes he showed he can focus and make a big play... Leonard's picks went right to where he was standing and waiting lol...

Isn't that the job of a LB, to be in the right place at the right time? Then make the play.

He said he was just working his zone and the ball just showed up, that's doing his job.

Obviously the QB didn't see him moving in the zone... how lots of picks happen.

Don't discount 53 for doing his job.

Just now, jmac_48 said:

Isn't that the job of a LB, to be in the right place at the right time? Then make the play.

He said he was just working his zone and the ball just showed up, that's doing his job.

Obviously the QB didn't see him moving in the zone... how lots of picks happen.

Don't discount 53 for doing his job.

He didn't have to be anywhere he made no reaction or effort it was thrown right to him... QB messed up... I give credit where credit is due. Good job not dropping it...

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

although, I agree that you would think that someone would have come out with an expose', there is a bunch of stuff we don't know that people conspire together to not reveal in all walks of life.   Lack of evidence doesn't necessarily equate to evidence of lack. 

My dad was always into fixed NFL games, but I think he had a gambling issue when I was younger!

I don't think there is a ref fixing deal to keep games close, but I wouldn't rule it out.  

Archived