Colts @ Ravens, Monday, Oct. 11, 2021, 8:15PM

NFLfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, EastStreet said:

not sure about that..

i'm sure we'll be drowned by Gruden talk all half

Halftime will be, but I think we may get a comment or 2 when they come back from the half. Usually the on-field reporter gets some comments from each HC, so it may come up there.

Just now, coming on strong said:

why was buckner blocking on special teams? why was the punter kicking what is going on

My daughter is a fan of the show “What if?”   That play was like that.   What if the colts used their punter to kick field goals.…

3 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I liked the nfl films on his father George Allen but don’t know much about Bruce 

I don't recall why I am not a fan of Allen. I think I did not like his personnel moves but I cannot recall now. I've always thought poorly of him. 

This is the 2nd time we have went into the half with a TO after a 2 minute drill. Clock management was absolutely atrocious. Inexcusable. 

First, he calls a *ic WR screen on 3rd down and pushes us out of FG range, forcing us to go for it on 2nd down. We miraculously pick it up. 

Cut to Blankenship warming up on the sideline.........then we send in Sanchez for the kick! Never seen him warming up.

Miraculously, the Ravens bail us out and somehow, jump offsides.

Blankenship comes in, NP, kicks it thru.

Frank Reich needs to get out of our way.

Still a ton of ball left to play, but I maintained all week Baltimore has a tendency to slip in games like this.  Hopefully we can counter their adjustments at halftime.  They won't give up on the run down 7 at half.... We need another TD after a long drive to open second half and put real pressure on their RB to try and progress past his first read on his passing attempts.

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

Halftime will be, but I think we may get a comment or 2 when they come back from the half. Usually the on-field reporter gets some comments from each HC, so it may come up there.

maybe.

i'm already sick of the gruden talk.

they have all week to talk about it, and several other ESPN channels to soap box on.

i just want to hear about the Colts/Ravens.

pretty sure a little over 10 years ago.

investigation into WFT workplace environment by NFL

Thanks. I need to start listening to sports radio again. I used to be up to date with all sports-related news. I know nothing now. Lol. I did not know that the NFL was investigating Washington. Has Snyder been implicated in anything?

maybe.

they have all week to talk about it, and several other ESPN channels to soap box on.

This is 2021.  Identity politics is 24/7 when everything is positive..... When there's fresh meat like that racist * provided, it's on.....

Just now, NFLfan said:

Thanks. I need to start listening to sports radio again. I used to be up to date with all sports-related news. I know nothing now. Lol. I did not know that the NFL was investigating Washington. Has Snyder been implicated in anything?

Apparently Grudens comments are consistent and span almost a decade of official communications

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't recall why I am not a fan of Allen. I think I did not like his personnel moves but I cannot recall now. I've always thought poorly of him. 

Well given these emails.  Assuming his complicity I think you were right in your thoughts 

1 minute ago, SchlicterSZN said:

Still a ton of ball left to play, but I maintained all week Baltimore has a tendency to slip in games like this.  Hopefully we can counter their adjustments at halftime.  They won't give up on the run down 7 at half.... We need another TD after a long drive to open second half and put real pressure on their RB to try and progress past his first read on his passing attempts.

We had the lead on them at the half the last time we played them and blew it in the 2nd half. Hopefully you're right and we make some solid adjustments at the half.

Good thing is we have the lead, got some points going into the half, and get the ball to start the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

maybe.

To be fair, it’s not like NFL halftime shows ever talk about the game anyway....it’s usually just 12-14 minutes of more commercials with the bare minimum analysis

2 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

This is the 2nd time we have went into the half with a TO after a 2 minute drill. Clock management was absolutely atrocious. Inexcusable. 

First, he calls a *ic WR screen on 3rd down and pushes us out of FG range, forcing us to go for it on 2nd down. We miraculously pick it up. 

Cut to Blankenship warming up on the sideline.........then we send in Sanchez for the kick! Never seen him warming up.

Miraculously, the Ravens bail us out and somehow, jump offsides.

Blankenship comes in, NP, kicks it thru.

Frank Reich needs to get out of our way.

Carmen Applause GIF by Lana Del Rey

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

pretty sure a little over 10 years ago.

investigation into WFT workplace environment by NFL

Is this a “make up or kiss up with the league” move by WFT? Does make me wonder.

Jon Gruden ain’t seeing another job with the NFL now, it’s not an isolated email unfortunately. It’s inexcusable when you see a pattern. 

Archived