Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Ravens, Monday, Oct. 11, 2021, 8:15PM

NFLfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to remember a more frustrating loss. 

1. Hot Rod is not the guy. Injured out not. We know he is limited. 
2. I hear a lot of Ballard this, frank that, flus is too vanilla. 6th and 7th string CBs against a former mvp is less than favorable. 
3. zero pressure from the edge. I know Paye is injured but come on. 
4. Need more from buck.

5. Carson is QB1 for the foreseeable future. 

4 minutes ago, Floydian said:

When Carson had time, he was excellent.

if he had Jackson’s time, he would have thrown five touchdowns.

Jackson had time because if you lose contain and over commit he’d gash us for long runs and big pass plays.  He’s a different breed.  But we had to do something different because he was shredding us regardless of pressure.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Almost nobody picked us to win this game but it is the way we lost that bothers me.

I would have much rather been the team that battled back from being down and fell short than the way it played out. At least then you die with dignity...now we’re the just the MNF equivalent of the Falcons

Colts played their best game of the year, down Nelson AND Smith on oline and push around ravens all night. Taylor and wentz went off

We lost because of injuries to DB's and Kicker plain and simple. No team is going to have great 5 and 6 corners like Keyes and Chesely or bottom Safety like Odum...NO team....  

and Hot Rod has a hurt hip, you bring back Eddie Pinero who had a great preseason.

If this beat up club can do that to the Ravens they can do to most any AFC team. Again we needed to be within 2 games of tenn after the first 5 and we are, now their schedule toughens and they are not very good as shown already and our schedule eases BUT again need bodies back

This looks as much like a team that's not sure if it can win than anything else (sans the obvious injury issues). Don't understand why we didn't try to scoop up that JAX CB that went to Carolina?

I'm sure Buckner was tired but he was getting manhandled 1:1 in the fourth quarter.  Muhammed looked great and played his tail off.  Jackson had all day to throw or decide to run in the 2nd half. 

Until we start stepping on people's throat instead of playing not to lose, we are toast.  Anyone who thinks that JAX and HOU are sure things are kidding themselves, this is a team that will easily lose to either and I think that's in our future if we don't get healthy--physically and mentally

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Colts played their best game of the year, down Nelson AND Smith on oline and push around ravens all night. Taylor and wentz went off

We lost because of injuries to DB's and Kicker plain and simple. No team is going to have great 5 and 6 corners like Keyes and Chesely or bottom Safety like Odum...NO team....  

and Hot Rod has a hurt hip, you bring back Eddie Pinero who had a great preseason.

If this beat up club can do that to the Ravens they can do to most any AFC team. Again we needed to be within 2 games of tenn after the first 5 and we are, now their schedule toughens and they are not very good as shown already and our schedule eases BUT again need bodies back

The problem with this isn’t so much where the team is at talent-wise...I certainly think we could go in and beat any team not named Buffalo or Arizona. The problem is that with being down two games to the Titans and the AFC being stacked, it might be too late by the time we start putting together wins.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On some levels you are right but Wentz played great tonight I thought. Also we make 1 kick everyone's tune changes. 

Wentz wasn’t the problem tonight.  He may have missed a few throws but still.  He was balling for the most part.  But Hot Rod killed us.  Defense was an embarrassment in the 4th.  I missed our last few plays of blocked kick drive. So I don’t know what was called or how it went down. 

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

The problem with this isn’t so much where the team is at talent-wise...I certainly think we could go in and beat any team not named Buffalo or Arizona. The problem is that with being down two games to the Titans and the AFC being stacked, it might be too late by the time we start putting together wins.

Again 2 games to Tenn is nothing at this point, their loss to Jets hurts them a lot. We get them in Indy so down 1 with that win and they run the gauntlet starting this week. They need separation but arent talented enough to get it. Doesnt matter at all if AFC is stacked if your division is historically bad ala NFC East last year

I would have much rather been the team that battled back from being down and fell short than the way it played out. At least then you die with dignity...now we’re the just the MNF equivalent of the Falcons

I seen your earlier post and I agree with you regarding our schedule. Whoever made that pile of crap up to start the 1st 5 games of the season must hate us. Every team we have played is good to very good except Miami and we won that one. Seattle is actually good when Russ is healthy.

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Again 2 games to Tenn is nothing at this point, their loss to Jets hurts them a lot. We get them in Indy so down 1 with that win and they run the gauntlet starting this week. They need separation but arent talented enough to get it. Doesnt matter at all if AFC is stacked if your division is historically bad ala NFC East last year

Maybe, but it leaves little room for error. I just don’t want to watch the Titans win this division again, can’t stand them

3 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Wentz wasn’t the problem tonight.  He may have missed a few throws but still.  He was balling for the most part.  But Hot Rod killed us.  Defense was an embarrassment in the 4th.  I missed our last few plays of blocked kick drive. So I don’t know what was called or how it went down. 

Hot Rod killed us and our D was getting thrown like crazy in the 4th.

Our defense in the last few years have given up 2 of the top 10 completion percentages in NFL history. And tonight they gave up the highest completion percentage in a 400 yard game in NFL history.  Clearly our pass defense is not working. 3 NFL records given up…. 

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Our defense in the last few years have given up 2 of the top 10 completion percentages in NFL history. And tonight they gave up the highest completion percentage in a 400 yard game in NFL history.  Clearly our pass defense is not working. 3 NFL records given up…. 

To put it bluntly our Pass D sucks.

Maybe, but it leaves little room for error. I just don’t want to watch the Titans win this division again, can’t stand them

More room for error then one may think.  Tenn has Buff on MNF the two squads arent comparbale then KC who needs wins that game is a blow out then come to us.....there isnt a win in that bunch...then they have Rams and Saints....if they go 1-4 in those 5 my hats off to them but 0-5 is most likely they will be underdogs in each so tenn will be sitting on 3-7 after 10 maybe 4-6 if things break right

Colts have Houston, SF,Tenn at home, Jets and Jags....  5-0 likely will be favorites in each but say 1 slip up and 4-1 so 5-5  

So up 1 with giving them a win that isnt likely and us a loss that isnt likely

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

More room for error then one may think.  Tenn has Buff on MNF the two squads arent comparbale then KC who needs wins that game is a blow out then come to us.....there isnt a win in that bunch...then they have Rams and Saints....if they go 1-4 in those 5 my hats off to them but 0-5 is most likely they will be underdogs in each so tenn will be sitting on 3-7 after 10 maybe 4-6 if things break right

Colts have Houston, SF,Tenn at home, Jets and Jags....  5-0 likely will be favorites in each but say 1 slip up and 4-1 so 5-5  

So up 1 with giving them a win that isnt likely and us a loss that isnt likely

Well I hope you’re right, I want to win this dang division for once. We haven’t won this crap race since 2014, and I’m sick and tired of watching those other three losers sit up top.

9 minutes ago, Taylor5free said:

Loss a little bit of respect for Doyle today. Cheap coward flop after pushing an opponents head into the ground after the play. Surprising from a guy who appears to have very high integrity. 

Not justifying it, but it was a smart, veteran move that got us within range to even attempt a game winning field goal.

Well I hope you’re right, I want to win this dang division for once. We haven’t won this crap race since 2014, and I’m sick and tired of watching those other three losers sit up top.

8-9 wins division, we can reach that, need bodies back to make noise in playoffs but this division is bad.

19 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

That, or the Browns yesterday night who became the 1st NFL team ever to rack up over 500 yards of offense, score at least 40 points and not commit a single turnover, and still lose the game.

8 hours ago, Zoltan said:

No ones practice squad players are gonna do well against NFL starters

The fact we had to play practice squad players is exactly my point!  Ballard has drafted or brought in no depth at the critical defensive backfield, not the D-line.    

8 hours ago, SchlicterSZN said:

Bottom line, this cost us nothing.  Go enjoy your Sunday on something fun this fall/winter.  Check in if you wanna, watch now and then... No reason to sweat it.  

Not even ... This is that inexperience I mentioned above. Lol.

And Again, the fact we had to resort to PS players, is the lack of depth or talent that Ballard has brought in; also Eberflus is a dumpster fire...

7 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

The fact we had to play practice squad players is exactly my point!  Ballard has drafted or brought in no depth at the critical defensive backfield, not the D-line.    

What team would have the depth to deal with 4, I repeat 4, injuries to its top 5 CBs without going to practice squad or fa CBs(which during the season aren’t much better than PS CBS)

10 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

1-4 And we're giving our first round pick to Philly. Nice.

Not to worry.  It looks like we have our franchise quarterback in place for the long term.  They are always worth a first round pick.   He keeps getting better every week against some very good teams.  That's great news.

10 hours ago, Taylor5free said:

Loss a little bit of respect for Doyle today. Cheap coward flop after pushing an opponents head into the ground after the play. Surprising from a guy who appears to have very high integrity. 

Silly.  Stop being so pious. These are grown men playing football for a living.  A very high emotion game for them.  He didn't have to retaliate.  He chose to for a tricky tack shove.  Dumb on his part if you ask me. 

10 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

8-9 wins division, we can reach that, need bodies back to make noise in playoffs but this division is bad.

I agree. Obviously Houston and Jax are garbage this year, and while I won’t discount the dynamic trio of Tannehill, Henry, and AJ Brown, that Titans roster is quite bad

• NFLfan locked this topic
  • NFLfan unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived