Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Titans Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at the game.  Our offense looks to be stuck in the 70’s, before all the innovation entered the league.  I could swear there was an invisible wall that kept our receivers from going 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. And as much as our defense gets fooled by misdirection, you’d think our offense would try some.  There....I’m done venting!

2 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Also, I hope the Titans continue starting Tannehill and believing his hype.

He's still a mediocre QB that won't be able to do anything to good defenses when they slow down Henry. Henry literally carries that whole team, and a team built on a RB's performance in today's NFL wont have long term success.

The Titans can score with any of the the top teams in the league. The hate on Ryan is dumb. Yes it runs through Henry but he can’t be stopped.

Well that was painful to watch....seriously, because of all the injuries.

3 turnovers by the Titans. The 1st INT was on Tannehill although his receivers collided screwing up who was supposed to be in the flat for the catch. But Ryan never should have thrown it. The 2nd INT was a deflection....that's on Rogers the receiver. And the last turnover on a fumble at the 5 yard line. My goodness, Vrabel is going to chew rocks on that one. We're +6 on turnovers over 3 games.  Last year we were one of the best in the league.

Thank God we have Derrick Henry because otherwise that would have been a loss. And so many players injured. We had no starting receivers for most of the game. At least we play the Jets next week....we're going to need the rest.

See you guys in a few weeks. 

1 minute ago, colts89 said:

Also, I hope the Titans continue starting Tannehill and believing his hype.

He's still a mediocre QB that won't be able to do anything to good defenses when they slow down Henry. Henry literally carries that whole team, and a team built on a RB's performance in today's NFL wont have long term success.

He’s 20-9 as a starter you can call it whatever you want but it’s effective for them.  More successful than it was with the previous QB but still had Henry.  Honestly it wasn’t Henry that killed the Colts today it was Tannelhill with his bootlegs.  So you might not think he’s very good but he’s getting results.  

Just now, Wentzszn said:

The Titans can score with any of the the top teams in the league. The hate on Ryan is dumb. Yes it runs through Henry but he can’t be stopped.

He's average at his very best. If the Titans upgraded in that spot, the Colts and the rest of the NFL would be put on notice...

I hope they keep on starting Ryan going forward though for anyone who disagrees.

15 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

This doesn't look like the colts. A bunch of talented players with what seems to be poor coaching. 

Can we get a WR that can get open before 5 seconds? 

WR is not our problem right now. 

13 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I don’t want to hear about Wentz not being tough. Good god almighty I’ve never seen a QB play a game where he can’t step up into his throws. It actually turned out better than it should have. Not great by any means, but under those circumstances… 

Eason has been demoted to #3. By a guy they brought in off the street that they’ve tried to treat like a stray cat in Hundley. 

Oooooooooooooof. 

Anyone poo pooing Wentz is a troll. He's played well every game. Very well considering all the sheet that's going on. 

And playing with sore foot for two weeks, then sore foot plus two ankles..... that's a tough guy doing everything he can to help the team. 

Eason and Ehlinger were both long shots anyway. Everyone should have taken pause on Eason when we drafted Ehlinger. And the demotion just makes it crystal clear. Not saying he can't improve, but it's unlikely. And anyone thinking Ehlinger is going to be next vertically challenged superstar QB is kidding themselves. Might as well just promote Hundley to the 53, and let Eason hold the clip board. Send Sam to the PS and hope he learns this year.

12 minutes ago, Pelt said:

Look at the bright side! I don't think we'll lose Eberflus to any head coaching vacancies next off season!

:peek:

Uh, is that really the bright side.... 

Please tell me there's a chance lol

4 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

Well that was painful to watch....seriously, because of all the injuries.

3 turnovers by the Titans. The 1st INT was on Tannehill although his receivers collided screwing up who was supposed to be in the flat for the catch. But Ryan never should have thrown it. The 2nd INT was a deflection....that's on Rogers the receiver. And the last turnover on a fumble at the 5 yard line. My goodness, Vrabel is going to chew rocks on that one. We're +6 on turnovers over 3 games.  Last year we were one of the best in the league.

Thank God we have Derrick Henry because otherwise that would have been a loss. And so many players injured. We had no starting receivers for most of the game. At least we play the Jets next week....we're going to need the rest.

See you guys in a few weeks. 

You guys will win the division more than likely. 0-3 is a hell of hole to crawl out of. Henry is similar to Emmitt Smith, his vision and strength reminds me of Emmitt. He is great.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Leonard and Moore both had INT's, our D was why we were in the game. Try again.

The defensive kept the game from being a blow out because those turnovers are the only thing that slowed the Titans down other wise they win this game by 20 +.  So yes the defense was still an issue even with the three turnovers.  If you lose a game by two scores but win the turnover battle 3-0 things are very wrong with both sides of the ball.  So playing no it’s the offense no it’s defense no it’s the coaching is pointless.  It’s everything.

A sobering day to be a Colts fan. In his fifth year, Chris Ballard has built a roster that has no discernible strength led by an injury-prone QB who holds the ball way too long or doesn’t see open WRs or misses open guys in the end zone. The coach seems befuddled most of the time. 

Ballard is now 32-35. 

The Colts have paid players, at less than premium positions, much cheddar.  They most likely will do the same for a guard, next year.  They extended a player that has dynamic play making capibilities, yet refuse to utilize them? This leaves little coin to improve the roster down the line.

This needs to get figured out QUICK.  I have been a fan for 50 years and I am so disapointed in EVERY aspect of the current team.  I can only hope they run off 14 straight wins, which is doubtful...

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He’s 20-9 as a starter you can call it whatever you want but it’s effective for them.  More successful than it was with the previous QB but still had Henry.  Honestly it wasn’t Henry that killed the Colts today it was Tannelhill with his bootlegs.  So you might not think he’s very good but he’s getting results.  

I didn't say he was bad. He's average, which is better than most Titan QBs have ever played I suppose. It's just an obvious position where they could improve if they want to take that next step, just like any other position spot.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

The defensive kept the game from being a blow out because that’s the only thing that slowed the Titans down other wise they win this game by 20 +.  So yes the defense was still an issue even with the three turnovers.  If you lose a game by two scores but win the turnover battle 3-0 things are very wrong with both sides of the ball.  So playing no it’s the offense no it’s defense no it’s the coaching is pointless.  It’s everything.

If a team gives the offense 3 turnovers and you only score 16 points anyone would obviously blame the offense more. 16 points won't win you any games unless you are the 2000 Ravens. I get it though, it is a team game so blame everyone. I thought Wentz played above average again factoring in he played injured, we just don't have any playmakers as in deep threats down the field. TY was actually probably missed today. 

On Wentz; you can throw this game out obviously because he couldn't move and you can blame the oline for the other two, but in truth, getting him already feels like it was a waste of time. He's like Kirk Cousins. He has some good qualities, but also some fatal flaws. Plus, pretty much the whole league wants him to fail and thinks he sucks. The vibes are bad. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If a team gives the offense 3 turnovers and you only score 16 points anyone would obviously blame the offense more. 16 points won't win you any games unless you are the 2000 Ravens. I get it though, it is a team game so blame everyone. I thought Wentz played above average again factoring in he played injured, we just don't have any playmakers as in deep threats down the field. TY was actually probably missed today. 

The offense gave up zero points and you still lost by two scores.  Yeah the defense had issues today as well.  So you can’t over look those just because the offense didn’t do enough either.

Is the Colts defense an elite/shutdown unit? No. Did they play flawlessly today? No. But they were not the problem.

Some things have changed from one game to the next this season. I thought the running game was more effective today though I thought they could have used Taylor more.

One thing that has remained is the Colts have been bad in the red zone.

They have to score touchdowns in the red zone. I'm not sure there is currently a defense in the league that can make up for an offense that struggles to score TDs. 

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Really. What do u think Henry would have done behind perhaps the greatest Oline ever???

Poor example because I can say what do you think Rice would've done without Montana or Young. Smith is the 2nd greatest RB ever plain and simple. His stats, longevity, and 3 SB Titles back that up. He wasn't as flashy or fast as Barry was but he always got the tough 3 or 4 yards on almost every carry. He beat the Giants with 1 arm for HFA in 1993 and when he sit out that same season, that Cowboys O.Line wasn't as great as they started 0-2. Brown is #1, Emmitt #2, Walt #3, Barry is 4. Henry will probably end up top 10 but Dickerson was better than him. Henry's running style just reminds me of Emmitt's was my initial post and as usual you have me ranting rant over GIF

Archived