Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Titans Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

At least they have a great locker room...

No, but seriously. Looking at 1-4 at best.

Could even lose away to Miami for the 0-5.

At that point just bench Wentz and keep the 1st round pick. They’re gonna need it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Injuries continue to bite us in the rear. The interior of the line needs to step up. Kelly and Nelson don't seem to be the same page. 3rd consecutive week they've allowed a blitzer to run through the LOS unscathed.

• Like 1

Just now, Solon said:

Injuries continue to bite us in the rear. The interior of the line needs to step up. Kelly and Nelson don't seem to be the same page. 3rd consecutive week they've allowed a blitzer to run through the LOS unscathed.

Nelson was out for quite sometime. 

It’s hard to get mad when Wentz guts it out like that but how does Taylor only get ten carries. Brady probably needs to start calling plays.

Mt first thought is this defense is just way to soft. They bailed themselves out with the turnovers. Instead of blaming the talent for no psss rush maybe we need to start looking at the dline coach and DC.

Big injuries today also. That isn’t going to help.

• Like 3

This is a bad football team right now.

Defense is terrible.

Offense is ugly.

ST? 

And Eberflus and Frank Reich are doing their worst coaching job so far.

Oh, this team has playmakers? Where are they? 

Fingers to point all around yet none of this was unexpected. A bit upset they bothered playing Wentz today. Not strategic thinking there.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Nelson was out for quite sometime. 

He was in there when it happened in the 1st half. It didn't result in a sack. It occurred again in the 2nd half when he was out too. It resulted in a sack.

I don’t want to hear about Wentz not being tough. Good god almighty I’ve never seen a QB play a game where he can’t step up into his throws. It actually turned out better than it should have. Not great by any means, but under those circumstances… 

Eason has been demoted to #3. By a guy they brought in off the street that they’ve tried to treat like a stray cat in Hundley. 

Oooooooooooooof. 

• Like 2

Last week I had a 3 team parlay, I bet 100 to win 500. Cowboys and Bills came through for me but the Chiefs lost SMH. This week I have a 3 team parlay again, I only went 50 to win 300 - I had the Ravens and Browns - they won, Justin Tucker saved my rear with a 66 yard FG Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons- I have GB tonight, Mahomes screwed me last week, I swear if Rodgers lays an egg, I am done betting for a while haha 

• Like 1

• 0-3 stinks... 
  • Wentz played good given all the surrounding circumstance
  • Q going down is like a dump trump of salt in our OL wound
  • Paye hasn't gotten home yet this year, but he's been very active. Losing him to what could be a lingering hammy makes our already stinky poo poo defense even stinkier
  • Our RZ O was super bad coming into the game, and nothing changed. Same old plays, same feel. 
  • Pascal had a down game and should have caught a couple balls, but he blocked well and got screwed not getting the PI.. which could have changed the game.
  • Our DL is just sorry, with or without Paye. No sacks today at all IIRC. Only sack came from a LB blitz (Okereke I think). Only one QB hit. 
  • JT had a pretty decent day. Solid, consistent, with that one nice long run.
  • Hines not bad either. Why not let him (or both him and JT) hit the edge more?
  • Why not more TE usage today. We used 3TE sets a lot with running, but pass game not much at all. 
  • Rock had another solid game. Huge strip and recovery. Perhaps he's turned the corner. Certainly looked better than Rhodes. 
  • Okereke got trucked once, and missed another tackle, but he was very active and had a lot of tackles. Only noticed one bad coverage oops. Better than I expected vs TN. 
  • Chester Rogers had a TD, and some nice returns. Autry got several pressures and 2 QB hits. Sigh.... 
  • Hats off to Frank for calling a hard edge run in a short yardage situation. 
  • Like 3

Wentz shouldn’t have been playing but he’s a warrior for doing so.  He had a rough day but I am not going to criticize him one bit it’s clear he wasn’t even 50%.

I have no clue what on earth the Colts are doing inside the 10 on either side of the ball.  The Titans can’t stop Taylor even without Nelson but yet you go pass five plays out of six within the 10 without Taylor even on the field when you have a gimpy QB playing behind a line playing without its best player is just dumb.  On defense a check down on third and a goal going for a touchdown just can’t happen.  
The defense continues to be jackel and hide.  
We have given a lot of focus to the o-line this year and rightfully so but you could argue the Colts haven’t spent more resources anywhere but the d-line and they are getting blown off the ball every play and generating zero pass rush.  The bottom line is the d-line is not getting it done.  
Frankly both Frank and Ballard should have some very hard questions to answer the week because for whatever reason this is not a good team right now and they very likely won’t have their first round pick next year.

Hundley should be on the active roster if he’s the backup.  Also why is Eason on the roster over him if he’s behind him on the depth chart?

Losing any NFL game when you win the turnover battle 3-0 is inexcusable.

• Like 9

It certainly feels that Reich loses what’s happening as far as game feel because he is to involved with calling plays. Was he oblivious that Taylor was running for over 6 yards a carry. 

Defense is about to get worse with the injuries today too.

• Like 2

Also, I hope the Titans continue starting Tannehill and believing his hype.

He's still a mediocre QB that won't be able to do anything to good defenses when they slow down Henry. Henry literally carries that whole team, and a team built on a RB's performance in today's NFL wont have long term success.

3 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Thank you, Mr Irrelevant. With comments like that, your monicker fits you.

Why? He is bang on.

If anything your name coltsfeva fits you quite good too given the delusion about the Colts and ignoring the obviously:

there is no “feva”, and there won’t be this season.

• Like 1