Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No Colts cut picked up....

Jackie Daytona

56 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

Not a single player waived by the Colts was picked up on waivers by another NFL team.... That's surprising.  I know most teams did the same as Indy, and largely kept their own players on the PS... But I think we pretty much all are surprised that none of our guys got a look from another squad this far.

None were picked to go straight to a 53 roster. 
  We have a RB and a couple receivers that i thought were possibilities.
 A few weeks/injuries into the season the poaching will be more active.

As far as PS offers, a number of them likely got a look, their agents contacted.
And they chose to be Colts. More likely.

8 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

None were picked to go straight to a 53 roster. 
  We have a RB and a couple receivers that i thought were possibilities.
 A few weeks/injuries into the season the poaching will be more active.

As far as PS offers, a number of them likely got a look, their agents contacted.
And they chose to be Colts. More likely.

Yeah, it looks like most of the players that were on the bubble are on our PS now, with a few exceptions.

Rosters are static and will be changing, especially in the next week.

18 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Our off season & draft have been under whelming so it's only natural that the bottom part of the roster isn't so attractive to other teams.

???  The only guy from our draft who didn't make the 53 is on the PS.  

The bottom part of our roster is pretty much on out PS.  

20 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Our off season & draft have been under whelming so it's only natural that the bottom part of the roster isn't so attractive to other teams.

What are you talking about?

Paye is checking off all the boxes he needs to (it's easy to see the talent)

Dayo hasn't even touched the field yet?

Fisher?

Wentz?

34 Rodgers seems (I know he wasn't taken this year) to be taking a step.

Granson, admittedly, has been a little disappointing so far. (Season hasn't even started?)

Fries did a good job! ?

Even our 7th round pick looks good. 

Not sure which part is underwhelming? Maybe you wanted us to sign Antonio Brown? I'm gonna go take a bath and think about what you meant. 

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

Fisher?

Wentz?

Granson, admittedly, has been a little disappointing so far. (Season hasn't even started?)

Fries did a good job! ?

Not sure which part is underwhelming? Maybe you wanted us to sign Antonio Brown? I'm gonna go take a bath and think about what you meant. 

Paye is a 1st round pick though...not a bottom roster guy who would get waived. 

I think the point was that they didn't bring a bunch of guys this offseason that would push decent fringe players off a 53-man...and that's probably not completely unfair. But then again, there really aren't "good" fringe players...it's why they are fringe players.

Too early to judge anyways.

IMO, to the OP, not really surprising that our PS was untouched. It's more telling to me that we grabbed two DBs......

Only a few guys on our PS that I'd say peak my curiosity, and both are WRs (Harris and Vaughns). And they're not so obvious that another team would grab them up and displace someone on their existing roster that they've known and been working with all through camp.

It's pretty obvious though that we're still concerned about our secondary if we're willing to displace Tell and Chachere for two guys who were either UDFAs or late rounders. 

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

This Front Office has made 45 Selections thru 5 drafts so far - the first of which was for a 3-4 defensive minded coach, and the next 4 for the Cover 2/3 they wanted to play.

34 of those picks are still on the Colts Roster - 76%

44 of those picks are on an NFL Roster - 98%

The lone pick not on a roster was cut August 31st, 2021 by the Browns and that is Javon Patterson - who blew out his knee in camp his rookie year after never having missed a game in 4 years of college for an injury. 

Not too mention the UDFA's that were signed that have been key contributors:

Sanchez - P

Alie-Cox - TE

Odum - FS

Blankenship - K

Williams - DT (made the 53 this year after PS all of 2020)

Plus several additional waiver wire pickups that have done well for themselves:

Moore - CB

Pascal - WR

Muhammad - DE

Stallworth - DT

Glowinski - OG

Bottom Part of the Roster Draftees:

5th Round Picks Nate Hairston (Jets, Broncos) and Anthony Walker (Browns) have gone on to start elsewhere.....

5th Round Pick Reece Fountain is with the Chiefs in their pretty deep WR Room

6th Round Pick Gerri Green is with the Las Vegas Raiders

6th Round Pick Deon Cain is with the Baltimore Ravens

7th Round Pick Jackson Barton won a Ring with the Chiefs and now he is currently with the Giants

And the infamous Zach Banner, cut right at the end of camp his rookie year has started for two years now with the Steelers

I would say your comment is rather underwhelming, not the bottom of our roster......

53 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

And the infamous Zach Banner, cut right at the end of camp his rookie year has started for two years now with the Steelers

Good post.   Thanks for taking the time to do this. 

But the above jumped out st me, so I double checked.   Just got off the Steelers site.   Zack has started two games, not two years. 

Just two games.   I believe he’s scheduled to start this year, but he’s currently on their IR.   Don’t know for how long?

And for what it’s worth,  Zack, who was 350+ with us, appears to have gotten his weight mostly under control.   He’s now listed at 335. 

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

But the above jumped out st me, so I double checked.   Just got off the Steelers site.   Zack has started two games, not two years. 

Just two games.   I believe he’s scheduled to start this year, but he’s currently on their IR.   Don’t know for how long?

And for what it’s worth,  Zack, who was 350+ with us, appears to have gotten his weight mostly under control.   He’s now listed at 335. 

To be fair he won the starting spot and then got injured(don't remember if it was Achilles or ACL, but it was serious injury and it took him out for the year). That's really the reason. We will see how he does this year. I am rooting for him, he seemed like a good dude , too bad it didn't work out here, but still... 

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

To be fair he won the starting spot and then got injured(don't remember if it was Achilles or ACL, but it was serious injury and it took him out for the year). That's really the reason. We will see how he does this year. I am rooting for him, he seemed like a good dude , too bad it didn't work out here, but still... 

I remember him earning the starting gig last year but forgot that he was injured!

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

haha  Down to 335 and in control.  That sounds funny, but I know what you mean.

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

I wonder if cut down waiver claims have reduced the past two years. I'd think they would, with expanded practice squads and so forth, it's easier to keep your own guys around. 

They talked about this (either NFL Channel or ESPN) earlier this week. Not only because of expanded PSs, but also because of the Covid impact to the combine, scouting, and CFB in general.

2 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Paye is a 1st round pick though...not a bottom roster guy who would get waived. 

I think the point was that they didn't bring a bunch of guys this offseason that would push decent fringe players off a 53-man...and that's probably not completely unfair. But then again, there really aren't "good" fringe players...it's why they are fringe players.

Too early to judge anyways.

Negative. I don't need clarification

I was clearly responding to "Our off season & draft have been under whelming"

5 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Fisher?

Wentz?

Fries did a good job! ?

From a 2021 impact perspective, it's too early to tell. Could be good, could be totally underwhelming. We have two draft picks looking the part in the preseason (but it's preseason), but the rest is a dice roll.

So Far.....

• Positive
    • Paye 1R
    • Strachan 7R
  • We hope.....
    • Wentz - coming off a horrible year
    • Fisher - coming back from major injury, likely to miss time
  • Shaky
    • Granson - 4R
  • Low expectation
    • Ehlinger - 6R
    • Fries - 6R
  • Didn't make the 53
    • Davis - 5R
  • Likely won't have an impact this year, and totally an unknown at this point.
    • Dayo - 2R

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

From a 2021 impact perspective, it's too early to tell. Could be good, could be totally underwhelming. We have two draft picks looking the part in the preseason (but it's preseason), but the rest is a dice roll.

So Far.....

• Positive
    • Paye 1R
    • Strachan 7R
  • We hope.....
    • Wentz - coming off a horrible year
    • Fisher - coming back from major injury, likely to miss time
  • Shaky
    • Granson - 4R
  • Low expectation
    • Ehlinger - 6R
    • Fries - 6R
  • Didn't make the 53
    • Davis - 5R
  • Likely won't have an impact this year, and totally an unknown at this point.
    • Dayo - 2R

I guess it could be different for each person.

Underwhelming - fail to impress or make a positive impact on someone

Personally, I was impressed and had a positive reaction to the offseason.   Getting our possible franchise QB without having to trade many good picks to move up for a QB in the draft was nice.  Signing Mack was a great thing.  Having Paye drop to us in the 1st round was awesome.   I was also happy we drafted Dayo.  Even if he doesn't play till next season it'll be like getting a high draft pick even though we will not have our 1st.  I wasn't thrilled with the Fisher signing, but we will see when he comes back.  Strachan has impressed me.  I was thrilled that Brissett was not resigned.  I liked that we brought back Carrie and Rhodes.  I was happy to see the Braden Smith and Leonard extensions.  

For me it was a pretty satisfying offseason.

It’s one thing for Tell and Chachere to not make the 53….   But to not make the PS 16 as well seems very strange to me.   Especially with 4 wrs. 

I don’t know if those guys are waiting for better offers thst may come after week one?

But I’m still in the camp that hopes to see them back on our roster, even the PS. 

35 minutes ago, Myles said:

I guess it could be different for each person.

Underwhelming - fail to impress or make a positive impact on someone

Personally, I was impressed and had a positive reaction to the offseason.   Getting our possible franchise QB without having to trade many good picks to move up for a QB in the draft was nice.  Signing Mack was a great thing.  Having Paye drop to us in the 1st round was awesome.   I was also happy we drafted Dayo.  Even if he doesn't play till next season it'll be like getting a high draft pick even though we will not have our 1st.  I wasn't thrilled with the Fisher signing, but we will see when he comes back.  Strachan has impressed me.  I was thrilled that Brissett was not resigned.  I liked that we brought back Carrie and Rhodes.  I was happy to see the Braden Smith and Leonard extensions.  

For me it was a pretty satisfying offseason.

I'm cautiously optimistic. 

I think (key word think) Wentz will be top 10ish

I think Paye will have at least 7 sacks

I think Fisher will be back by game 5 and return to form...

If all those things happen, I'll be happy with the off season.

17 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

The Eagles claimed Chachere

Bummer. Thought he'd be a good flex DB for us. Really hope the other DBs work out.

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

IMO.... Doyel is just trying to get clicks. He's never been good at his job, and wants to ride the narrative........ 

He gets ripped a bunch on twitter, and just likes the attention.

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Ugh.   

This story is from May 3 of this year.   May 3!?!     MAY 3?!? 

That’s FOUR months ago!    You think anything has happened in the last four months? 

We signed Eric Fisher.   Home run

Kwity Paye appears to be s home run.

Carson Wentz appears much improved.  
And most of the past few draft classes are showing out really well. 

Did I say this story is four months old?

You might as well have posted something from February. 

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The Evansville Courier and Press which is a sister paper to the Star rarely runs his articles

He's not well liked lol.... He tries to stand out by going overboard on topics. 

IIRC, he said we got worse at QB (Wentz), LT (Fisher), and Pass Rush after a dud draft and offseason. 

Pretty sure TY dislikes the guy due to a couple of his hot takes.... 

He's just pretty lame overall. The guy tries to act tough. Brings up his boxing career, and has him boxing in his Twitter background. 

When the IndyStar picked him up, a lot of local personalities (media and athletes) were like oooof... 

Archived