Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No Colts cut picked up....

Jackie Daytona

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He's not well liked lol.... He tries to stand out by going overboard on topics. 

IIRC, he said we got worse at QB (Wentz), LT (Fisher), and Pass Rush after a dud draft and offseason. 

Pretty sure TY dislikes the guy due to a couple of his hot takes.... 

He's just pretty lame overall. The guy tries to act tough. Brings up his boxing career, and has him boxing in his Twitter background. 

When the IndyStar picked him up, a lot of local personalities (media and athletes) were like oooof... 

Greg Doyle is like the Indy version of skip bayless , he says shocking things for views and clicks .

32 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Dingdong had to write something for his paycheck.

He chose to say how bleak things were. Today, i think we are in very good shape overall, a team that should prove top 10 by seasons end.

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Greg Doyle is like the Indy version of skip bayless , he says shocking things for views and clicks .

Not a Skip fan, but at least Skip has a little game. Doyel only has lame.... lol

If I had a list of "journalists" I thought would lose their jobs, he'd be at the top.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Not a Skip fan, but at least Skip has a little game. Doyel only has lame.... lol

If I had a list of "journalists" I thought would lose their jobs, he'd be at the top.

Skip has no actual game.   He is paid to be the contrarion.   He sold his journalistic soul long ago.      Good for him though,   he makes a lot of money. 

6 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

He chose to say how bleak things were. Today, i think we are in very good shape overall, a team that should prove top 10 by seasons end.

This is a nothing story.   It's completely outdated.    It's FOUR month old.    Done the week after the draft.   Early May.

It's value is basically ZERO.

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Skip has no actual game.   He is paid to be the contrarion.   He sold his journalistic soul long ago.      Good for him though,   he makes a lot of money. 

Not saying he's a journalist at all. 

He has personality though. And while I think he's a doofus, he's quick witted sometimes and can be funny.

Doyel doesn't haven't any likeable qualities lol.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not saying he's a journalist at all. 

He has personality though. And while I think he's a doofus, he's quick witted sometimes and can be funny.

Doyel doesn't haven't any likeable qualities lol.

Agreed,   Doyle has no personality.   It's surprising he takes such hard lines.   Players and coaches remember his nonsense takes.   He isn't going to be able to do his "job" when he gets shut out

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Agreed,   Doyle has no personality.   It's surprising he takes such hard lines.   Players and coaches remember his nonsense takes.   He isn't going to be able to do his "job" when he gets shut out

Not sure he gets much cooperation from players now anyways. I can't remember what happened exactly, but seem to recall some beef with TY, and TY went on to put up big numbers the game after the article. He even might have called out Doyel. Then the critical offseason article on Ballard won't go unnoticed by the FO.

I'm all for journalist being critical (I appreciate it in fact), but you don't need to be a D when you do it, and you don't need to beat the dead horse either. You shouldn't lose access for being critical. But you should for being a D.

Doyel is also a classic front runner....... he's all gushy about the Colts when they are winning, and the first to dump all over them when they lose. No consistency; no perspective; and no integrity. It speaks volumes about the tumble the Indy Star has taken over the past 10 years with its entire group of journalists; the talented ones are long gone, and those who remain are bottom feeders. 

There are contrarian media types in every city.    They don't want to sound like everyone else,  they want to stand out, and this is their way.    Be different.

If there, say,  10 media types,  and 9 are mostly upbeat,  there's typically one who just has to go 180 degrees the other way.   As ES wisely said,  it's ok to be different,  but you don't have to be a D about it.    And guys like Doyel apparently don't know how to not cross that line.    They go too far.

Here in Los Angeles,  the LA Times had one such guy....   TJ Simers.    When everyone is going crazy for the home team,  he's the guy who finds a flaw to dump on and blow it up out of proportion.     When people spot the beautiful model and rave how pretty she is,  TJ was the guy who complained about a mole on her arm.      TJ is no longer with the Times,  just saying guys like him and Doyel are everywhere.     

18 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Doyel is also a classic front runner....... he's all gushy about the Colts when they are winning, and the first to dump all over them when they lose. No consistency; no perspective; and no integrity. It speaks volumes about the tumble the Indy Star has taken over the past 10 years with its entire group of journalists; the talented ones are long gone, and those who remain are bottom feeders. 

This,   exactly this.   Irsay should ban him from the building.    Reporters should be honest,   not hyperbolic to get clicks 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

This,   exactly this.   Irsay should ban him from the building.    Reporters should be honest,   not hyperbolic to get clicks 

That’s just it he’s not a reporter.  He’s a columnist.  Part of his very job is to be over the top to get clicks.  People used to hate Kravitz for the samething when he was the columnist.  

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

That’s just it he’s not a reporter.  He’s a columnist.  Part of his very job is to be over the top to get clicks.  People used to hate Kravitz for the samething when he was the columnist.  

That's a terrible job then.   If you have to be dishonest to do your job,   then you are a sham

13 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I hope so.   I can see covid ruining this season for us.  The NFL rules for players not vaccinated are tough.    I heard this morning that Tampa Bay has 100% of their players and coaches vaccinated.   That will give them an added advantage (like they need one).  

15 minutes ago, Myles said:

I hope so.   I can see covid ruining this season for us.  The NFL rules for players not vaccinated are tough.    I heard this morning that Tampa Bay has 100% of their players and coaches vaccinated.   That will give them an added advantage (like they need one).  

Staying away from the C word.

Here's something that can't be argued - Availability of players, or lack thereof, is what's going to hurt every team.  Whatever the reason, if key players aren't available the team is going to be lacking.  Sometimes availability is beyond a players control - injury, illness, family issue, etc.

However, responsible players do everything they can to make sure they're available - training, diet, lifestyle.  

So, I do agree with what you said - Availability could ruin the season for us. 

39 minutes ago, Myles said:

A lot of people were wondering if Tom Brady got the shots.  He always dodged the question and made it sound like he didnt get it or at least wasnt crazy about the idea.

Im glad hes not anti vax though

52 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Staying away from the C word.

Here's something that can't be argued - Availability of players, or lack thereof, is what's going to hurt every team.  Whatever the reason, if key players aren't available the team is going to be lacking.  Sometimes availability is beyond a players control - injury, illness, family issue, etc.

However, responsible players do everything they can to make sure they're available - training, diet, lifestyle.  

So, I do agree with what you said - Availability could ruin the season for us. 

Well put.   The best ability is availability.  

It burns me up that there are players refusing to get the vaccine.  Not because I am a vaccine nut, it's just that sometimes you should put something ahead of your views.   I got vaccinated so that I could go to my daughters wedding in Maui but these players won't do it for their team who has peers counting on them and a team which is paying them millions of $$.  

If you are vaccinated, you get tested weekly for COVID. If you are unvaccinated, you get tested daily.

A vaccinated player who tests positive is out for 10 days, although they can return sooner if they can produce two negative tests separated by 24 hours. The unvaccinated are out 10 days with no reprieve and then have to clear an additional three-day protocol.

A vaccinated player who comes in close contact with someone who later tests positive merely has to wear a mask in the team facility and get tested daily for five days. An unvaccinated player with a close contact is out five days even if they test negative.

There is more. It tilts in favor of the vaccinated every time.

The impact is obvious: A vaccinated player is more likely to be available to play this season than an unvaccinated player. There are additional considerations, including the vaccinated contracting the virus at a significantly lower rate and the fact they carry a lower viral load than the unvaccinated, which might limit spread within the team.

Archived