Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts one of lowest vaccinated rates in the NFL

Dogg63

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’m pretty much over this topic. All I know is I got my 2nd shot last week, and had literally zero side effects from it other than a small headache the first day. Oh, I’m not magnetized either. 

yeah I saw all that and wondered why nobody noticed that keys are not magnetic

Keys don't stick to magnets

Crazy

25 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I have mixed opinions on hugging.  Depends on who the hugger is.  

My sister told me she's going to keep some of the covid rules regardless.  She likes people staying out of her space

She hugs me though :)

16 minutes ago, Nickster said:

What’s good for the individual is good for the society.  That’s pretty much the founding principle of democracy.

Well, lets not go down the road of politics.

Its simply human nature to act in ones self interest and not to compromise your self interest for the benefit of people not in your family, for people you do not love.  

Personally sacrifice for the undefined community, for the collective?  Its not natural.  

Colts players might sacrifice for the team, but they are also competitive people who don't want ill effects.  I'm not in their shoes so its not my call.

23 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’m pretty much over this topic. All I know is I got my 2nd shot last week, and had literally zero side effects from it other than a small headache the first day. Oh, I’m not magnetized either. 

My wifi and cell phone connection has been better since I got my second shot last month. 

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

I guess some folks look at the concept of contributing to community as a virtue.  That doesn't mean that those who don't harbor hate or intolerance.  

I don't think the communication was an ask.  I think there were mandates.  Essentially, mandates that you do something for the community good, when that something had little impact on your own well being.  At least that's the way it was presented.

Lose your job and wear a mask not because it helps you. but because it MIGHT help someone else.  Someone who may still get covid despite your forced contribution to community by having your business being shut and you forced to wear a mask.

People instinctively push back when leaders go that far, IMO.

People don't often do things for the community good.  They do things that benefits themselves, which in turn, should benefit the community.  It wasn't presented like that.  

@NannyMcafeemade a great point.  I got a polio vax.  I won't get polio.  So someone who didn't get the vax doesn't concern me.  I got the measles vax.  I wont get the measles.  I won't catch it despite being around someone who didn't get the vax.  I got the COVID vax.  That same rule should apply.  Why judge others for not getting the vax when you did what you need to do to protect yourself, which in turn, should help protect the community?  

One other thing that may be scewing the numbers on those who got the vaccine is who had covid once already. Is it actually true once you get it, you don't get it again? I had covid once and it laid me out for 2 weeks but I've been great since and never had to worry about being around others. But I've heard several say this as fact and I dont know if its true or not. 

3 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

One other thing that may be scewing the numbers on those who got the vaccine is who had covid once already. Is it actually true once you get it, you don't get it again? I had covid once and it laid me out for 2 weeks but I've been great since and never had to worry about being around others. But I've heard several say this as fact and I dont know if its true or not. 

So far I have seen stories that they believe if you have had covid you might have lifetime immunity.  But we really don’t know yet. Players who had a positive test should be able to show that test and not have to get vaccinated and should have the same protocols as the vaccinated players.

23 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I don't know.  I also heard that the vaccine has limitations.  Like its only good for 3 months.

I do believe that a lot of the messaging is tied to things other than individual health.  I'm not going to assume politics but it seems fear mongering or the need to keep the issue in the press drives some of these comments.

My unscientific guess is that the virus is dying off or mutating into something less severe.  So while it may always be with us, the ISSUE of covid is quickly fading among the people and will soon be a nonevent going forward. 

You know, the message that prevails in society is that getting a standard flu shot will HELP YOU from getting the flu.  Nobody gets a flu shot to help stop the spread of flu.  The messaging behind covid has been all screwed towards the collective from the beginning. 

The more vulnerable should probably always take measures to protect them selves and get a vaccine. 

14 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

The rumor going around about Chris Paul  is he is being held out because he hugged his or a family in the stands. If that is true that is ridiculous.

No he’s got Covid he’s been vaccinated as well. Very unfortunate news.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't know.  I also heard that the vaccine has limitations.  Like its only good for 3 months.

I do believe that a lot of the messaging is tied to things other than individual health.  I'm not going to assume politics but it seems fear mongering or the need to keep the issue in the press drives some of these comments.

My unscientific guess is that the virus is dying off or mutating into something less severe.  So while it may always be with us, the ISSUE of covid is quickly fading among the people and will soon be a nonevent going forward. 

You know, the message that prevails in society is that getting a standard flu shot will HELP YOU from getting the flu.  Nobody gets a flu shot to help stop the spread of flu.  The messaging behind covid has been all screwed towards the collective from the beginning. 

The more vulnerable should probably always take measures to protect them selves and get a vaccine. 

I think you are 100% courage with these posts. You need to tell people how it is beneficial to them. 

Just now, JediXMan said:

No he’s got Covid he’s been vaccinated as well. Very unfortunate news.

That post was from earlier. They were just guessing since he is in protocol.

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

I don’t know what to really say other than it’s very unfortunate from a competitive and sports side of things. Really puts the Colts behind the A-ball when our division is already going to be tough. Ugh this thing sucks.

The only good news is a lot of players are refusing to say if they are. Which means they probably aren’t. Jason posted today the colts are up to 12 players lol.

32 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I've heard this too.. natural vaccination. Like getting the chicken pox.. and trying to get it again lol

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

My sister told me she's going to keep some of the covid rules regardless.  She likes people staying out of her space

One of my buddies in the neighborhood is a big hugger and it’s cool normally , I have no basic problem with a man hug, but when he has a couple in the tank is a little too much of a posterior in hugger if you know what I mean.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Well, lets not go down the road of politics.

Its simply human nature to act in ones self interest and not to compromise your self interest for the benefit of people not in your family, for people you do not love.  

Personally sacrifice for the undefined community, for the collective?  Its not natural.  

Colts players might sacrifice for the team, but they are also competitive people who don't want ill effects.  I'm not in their shoes so its not my call.

Oh I’m not being political in the controversial sense, it’s just the same idea of your post I quoted.  People will resist being forced to be good just like children do.  

and I am not saying it is necessarily true either Doug.  

and I’m not so sure it’s in human nature to be self interested either.  Tribes had to rely on one another and most tribal cultures emphasize the tribe over the individual.  Is that against human nature?  Hard to say for sure.  

I think human nature is tribal not individual.  Pre agrarian societies tend to have little regard for individuals as anyth8ng other than part of the group.

but the ultimate reason is because isolated humans tend not to thrive or even survive

55 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

When I was a kid parents had chicken pox parties because they wanted their kids to get it and get it over with lol.

I was the first to get it in my neighborhood.  I,was Like 4 or so, but remember moms and kids I didn’t knew coimung over.  That was the Swedish idea for COVID in some measure.

24 minutes ago, indyman411 said:

The NFL, NBA, and other sports organizations need to be careful with their COVID rules. They need to ensure they don’t violate HIPAA!

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/what-employers-need-to-know-about-hipaa

These sports have great lawyers advising them.  They are going to keep them in line with HIPAA.  

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Something tells me this issue is going to be a nonissue in no time. 

Something also tells you we're about to trade for Julio Jones any moment. 

There's nothing out there,  literally nothing,  that implies the players are all about to show up at a nearby vaccine center to get the jab.     To the contrary there are stories saying the NFL and it's 32 teams are trying to convince their players (and the NFLPA) that it's in the players interest to get the short ASAP.  

This is an uphill fight.    It shouldn't be,  but it is.

I think if the leagues are this concerned about covid,  they should start being concerned about the sexual habits of players as well.    It's pretty well documented many players hook up when on the road.  STDs are a huge problem in this country as well.   Some of which can be deadly.    

Where does it stop?  I understand covid is a problem.  At what point are you violating a persons rights.    If a player or coach has medical reasons they can't get the vaccine,  then they are being singled out and having hardships put on them for unfair reasons.     What about vending staff?  What about fans?   Are they having to prove they have all of the vaccines necessary to be in attendance?   I think it's a bit over board at this point.    

7 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

can't wait for ball to start so threads like this won't be necessary 

Dude.  Just.  Don’t. Read.  The .  Posts. If. They. Bother. You. So. Much.  

some of us are enjoying the conversation, and to TBH, this is one of, nay, the most respectful exchange I’ve seen anywhere on this topic among people who have differing opinions on this ubiquitous issue.

Seriously, and you may have a good reason, but why don’t you exercise your right not to be exposed to it if it bothers you so much?

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Something also tells you we're about to trade for Julio Jones any moment. 

There's nothing out there,  literally nothing,  that implies the players are all about to show up at a nearby vaccine center to get the jab.     To the contrary there are stories saying the NFL and it's 32 teams are trying to convince their players (and the NFLPA) that it's in the players interest to get the short ASAP.  

This is an uphill fight.    It shouldn't be,  but it is.

Disagree. After today’s newly agreed to rules for the upcoming season this issue will be a non issue shortly.  The players union agreed.  That ends it.  The new rules are convincing enough.  The players will hear it from their agents as well.  Everything changed a few hours ago when the new rules were announced.   Give it time for it to sink in for the players.  They will quickly realize it’s time to get their shot ASAP.  

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Disagree. After today’s newly agreed to rules for the upcoming season this issue will be a non issue shortly.  The players union agreed.  That ends it.  The new rules are convincing enough.  The players will hear it from their agents as well.  Everything changed a few hours ago when the new rules were announced.   Give it time for it to sink in for the players.  They will quickly realize it’s time to get their shot ASAP.  

I hope your right. I could also see them being stubborn because they feel coerced. A lot of them may have been waiting for the protocols to be agreed too also.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I hope your right. I could also see them being stubborn because they feel coerced. A lot of them may have been waiting for the protocols to be agreed too also.

Yeah, there will be both. Some will just go ahead and get it, some will double down and have to go through some really annoying protocols.

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

There will be plenty of guys who won't/ can't get the vaccine.   There may be lawsuits over the newly "agreed " to terms.  It's an over stepping of bounds in the opinion of many.    These vaccines are still in the experimental stage according to the FDA.   These guys are supreme athletes.   Imagine the lawsuits if only one has adverse side effects.   Lawyers are lacking their chops waiting for even one player having issues.   It's a mistake by the league and the union

25 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I'll say this as loudly and as clearly as I can....

I hope you're right!    I hope you're right!!    I hope you're right!!!!

But I'll believe it when I see it.    When there are stories written that says the players are getting their shots,  I'll believe it.   I'll even accept a tweet from a reliable reporter.     

I hope the players feel like the decision has been made easier by the incentives if you get the shot, or the disincentives if you don't get the shot.    Either way.    Whichever way it works for any given player.  But now is the time.     As I stated in another post,  the clock is officially ticking......

Did I mention I hope you're right?!?    :thmup:

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

You think because they are so strict  players will get it. I could see them being stubborn in the sense that they feel coerced and just won’t do it.

This is going to sound political but its not (and not Racist either). I travel 3200 miles each week, and the most people I encounter still wearing masks are either Asian or Black, in my experience. I go to one warehouse of 40 employees, only 5 are white, and only one person in that warehouse has gotten the vaccine.   It as possible (since its reported that Leonard is vehemently opposed) that Minorities simply don't trust Governments, and most Pro Sports are Racially Minority Dominated.  This is only my experience, and not meant as a political or racial comment at all.  

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

There will be plenty of guys who won't/ can't get the vaccine.   There may be lawsuits over the newly "agreed " to terms.  It's an over stepping of bounds in the opinion of many.    These vaccines are still in the experimental stage according to the FDA.   These guys are supreme athletes.   Imagine the lawsuits if only one has adverse side effects.   Lawyers are lacking their chops waiting for even one player having issues.   It's a mistake by the league and the union

I know one corporation that offered an extra vacation day to those getting vaxed. They received a Cease and Desist Order the next day. Discrimination against any who medically can't take them vaccine or wear a mask.

5 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I completely agree there's a ton  I want to say on here about this angerly but I'll stay tight lipped but I agree with you. 

5 hours ago, Nadine said:

Nothing changed in my circle of friends and family during these past three years. We've had Family/Friends/Neighbors Dinner Tuesday every week. Every week, from 7 to 17 people in my dining room. (11 are family). Plenty of hugs, kisses, and passing of food. No masks,,no distancing. We think we all had a flu of some type for a few days in Feb 2020.  No one sick since.

I travel 3200 miles a week, showering in truck stops, and having to use dozens of different public restrooms. Very Rarely in a mask.  My distributors won't let me leave without shaking hands. Lots of handwashing!  Sons are mechanics, in dozens of stranger's cars each week. No masks, but lots of handwashing. Wife and Daughter run a restaurant. Yes- masks and handwashing aplenty. No one reported sick from the restaurant.   Maybe we were all lucky? Maybe God watches,out for fools. But almost nothing changed in our sphere, and we all survived without cloistering.

Archived