Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts one of lowest vaccinated rates in the NFL

Dogg63

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

I guess you are right and experts are wrong. Nice try to scare up to make me a myth buster.

Look up the size of a covid particle and do your own research instead of putting up corporate talking points. If you can smell things with your mask on you can easily get Covid19. Your using 14th century thinking 

What experts am I saying are wrong and I'm right? You posted blatant disinformation or conspiracy theory-leaning statements. I provided a retort.

What corporate talking points am I using? I've relaying information provided by experts in the field of public health and epidemiology. Your insistence that I should "do my own research" literally contradicts your assertion that I am saying I'm right and experts are wrong. Which is it? Should I listen to the experts or should I do my own research and make my own uninformed opinions based on something my brother-in-law posted on his Facebook account?

14th century thinking would be "if I can smell through a mask, it's not effective in preventing the spread of a virus", without taking anything else into consideration. If you have a link to a legitimate study that shows that masks are ineffective due to covid particles being smaller than smoke particles, I would love to see it. And no, "do your own research" is not an appropriate response to this.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Shive said:

1. That's not at all conclusive. It is a naturally occurring virus that is thought to have potentially escaped a lab studying it. That is a far cry form it being created in a lab.

Just pointing out that you are sort of guilty of doing what you accused another of doing.  You are concluding that it IS a naturally occurring virus, when that has not been established.  Its only theory.

What Fauci has said is that it "is consistent with natural viral evolution"  Which means scientists know what that is supposed to look like.

And what do you mean by "naturally occurring".  If it occurs in nature, then it would have been a highly contagious virus that was already spreading, then was taken to a lab to be studied.

The lab cannot be the original source of the virus if it is truly "naturally occurring".   It could be that a set of conditions were created in lab to spawn all sorts of spontaneous viruses, but those conditions were still created and not the same as nature.  

Sounds like scientists are rallying to the defense of the global scientific community (or the Chinese/DOD co-study) by calling what they did as "naturally occurring", meaning, don't hold them responsible.  

Afterall, can you imagine the financial liability to the USA and China if it was found that millions of people were killed and tens of millions harmed by a virus that was spawned in a deep state lab by human intervention?  Yeah, circle the wagons baby.

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

With thousands of healthcare workers boycotting the vaccine it makes one think! 

One has to wonder a few things

1. This issue was created in a lab and most agree with that now

2. It spread to the four corners of the earth very rapidly 

3. Its mind boggling that the vaccine came out so quickly 

4. We do not know what is in this vaccine, We are accepting the word of politicians and vested doctors 

Covid is real but we only know what we are told and if healthcare workers say no to it, its worth a great deal of though considering all the lies we were told. Don't wear masks, wear masks, stay inside don't go outside.

Consider this:  if while wearing your masks you can smell smoke or perfume then the masks are not effective at all.

One doctor states that the covid particles are much smaller then smoke or perfume particles so wearing a mask for covid is like throwing sand through a chain link fence 

It’s 97% similar to the previous Sars-1 Covid outbreak in 2002 and the Covid outbreak in the Middle East with MERS that’s been going on for a while.  Genetic forming for a vaccine was created in the 2002 SARS-1 (Covid) outbreak. That virus had lower spread value in which it burned itself out in a matter of 6 months. Covid 19 has been around in China since late October to early November of 2019. For the vaccine it was created using previous info from the previous vaccine development in 2002 and tweaking small things here and there. 
You can look up the similarities between the virus on an article from a scholarly source if you don’t want to look up things from news stations. 

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Just pointing out that you are sort of guilty of doing what you accused another of doing.  You are concluding that it IS a naturally occurring virus, when that has not been established.  Its only theory.

What Fauci has said is that it "is consistent with natural viral evolution"  Which means scientists know what that is supposed to look like.

And what do you mean by "naturally occurring".  If it occurs in nature, then it would have been a highly contagious virus that was already spreading, then was taken to a lab to be studied.

The lab cannot be the original source of the virus if it is truly "naturally occurring".   It could be that a set of conditions were created in lab to spawn all sorts of spontaneous viruses, but those conditions were still created and not the same as nature.  

Sounds like scientists are rallying to the defense of the global scientific community (or the Chinese/DOD co-study) by calling what they did as "naturally occurring", meaning, don't hold them responsible.  

Afterall, can you imagine the financial liability to the USA and China if it was found that millions of people were killed and tens of millions harmed by a virus that was spawned in a deep state lab by human intervention?  Yeah, circle the wagons baby.

That's a fair point, although it was very early on established that the virus itself exists in certain animals (mainly bats), but wasn't previously transmittable to humans. From my understanding, the prominent belief is that a lab was studying the virus, as well as mutations of it (which is what virologists do), and a mutation that was capable of cross-species transmission got out. Originating from a lab doesn't mean that it was created there. Keep in mind that there is an entire branch of science dedicated to studying infectious diseases that aren't currently capable of cross-species transmission. Since all it takes is the right mutation to be able to make that jump, it makes sense to study them before that happens to either prevent it or be able to eradicate it as soon as it does occur.

Considering the government we are having to work with to try to get to bottom of things (China), I don't expect a legitimate conclusion being reached any time soon, if ever.

Also, I'm going to ask that you don't bring up "a deep state lab" in this thread again, as that relates to conspiracy theories that have no place in this thread, nor on this forum.

20 minutes ago, Shive said:

That's a fair point, although it was very early on established that the virus itself exists in certain animals (mainly bats), but wasn't previously transmittable to humans. From my understanding, the prominent belief is that a lab was studying the virus, as well as mutations of it (which is what virologists do), and a mutation that was capable of cross-species transmission got out. Originating from a lab doesn't mean that it was created there. Keep in mind that there is an entire branch of science dedicated to studying infectious diseases that aren't currently capable of cross-species transmission. Since all it takes is the right mutation to be able to make that jump, it makes sense to study them before that happens to either prevent it or be able to eradicate it as soon as it does occur.

Considering the government we are having to work with to try to get to bottom of things (China), I don't expect a legitimate conclusion being reached any time soon, if ever.

Also, I'm going to ask that you don't bring up "a deep state lab" in this thread again, as that relates to conspiracy theories that have no place in this thread, nor on this forum.

But if the mutation was already in nature, there would have been a problem before there was a study.

I remember hearing how ground zero for the virus was a meat market owner near the Wuhan lab.  The original thought was that it was from a skunk like animal meat but later discovered the bat virus mutation and the linkage to the lab.  That person is still the undisputed first case and her location is right near the lab.

I'm sure with the issues that were caused to the entire human population, direct liability will never be established and the term "naturally occurring" will be used to explain it, with the definition being very technical and consistent with legal interpretation, even though that definition would be totally different than how the average person would use the term.

It begins to fall into the category of technical, educated, mumbo jumbo for strictly self serving purposes..  And the folks who would not be aware of that definition labeled uneducated maroons who should not be heard from, even though they are more correct about the wording than the scientists who use it.

China always claimed that it was brought to their lab by our DOD.  The co-study collaborations that have been ongoing certainly provide no visible discount of that statement.  That's not a conspiracy theory.  Its a theory based upon known statements.  I didn't capitalize Deep or State like the political term.  But unpublic studies in a secret lab behind the curtain of China is exactly what appears to have happened.  It is state sponsored either by china, USA or both, and pretty deep since its very unpublic.

But as another has mentioned, this is drifting away from football and typical covid discussions are just a rehash at this point.  Its basically a nonevent anymore.  So I'll refrain from responding to quotes.

On 6/15/2021 at 8:54 PM, Wentzszn said:

Although I believe it’s a personal choice I am really upset at this. Why do players want to keep having all the protocols. Fans have every right to be mad because what happened in that Titans game can happen again. Could cost us the division. Teams need to be 85% vaccinated for protocols in each facility to be lifted.  

Darius and his wife have been posting all kinds of anti vaccine stuff on their IG stories These players shoot the selves up with crap all the time and they are worried about a vaccine.

This could turn into a competitive advantage. Hopefully this changes once played have to be in the facility everyday getting tested and wearing mask. Not to mention not being able to eat with your teammates if your not vaccinated.

I agree with much of what you say here.

I don't really care if people get vaccinated or not, but if half the team tests positive for covid 19 before a big division game and have to sit out for 2 weeks, it could swing the division away from us.

So its the fan that ends up getting screwed.

38 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I agree with much of what you say here.

I don't really care if people get vaccinated or not, but if half the team tests positive for covid 19 before a big division game and have to sit out for 2 weeks, it could swing the division away from us.

I have such mixed emotions motions. I absolutely don’t want them to be forced to get it. That isn’t right. But as a fan I can see how it could really screw us. You wait so long for the new season and for something like that to ruin the season when there is a vaccine would be really sad. I think the protocols need to be gone and not tied to vaccinations. I think we are at a point where the most vulnerable are vaccinated now and it shouldn’t be treated any different by the NFL then the flu. I mean covid will never completly go away so is the NFL now never going to get rid of these rules. What’s the end game.

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I have such mixed emotions motions. I absolutely don’t want them to be forced to get it. That isn’t right. But as a fan I can see how it could really screw us. You wait so long for the new season and for something like that to ruin the season when there is a vaccine would be really sad. I think the protocols need to be gone and not tied to vaccinations. I think we are at a point where the most vulnerable are vaccinated now and it shouldn’t be treated any different by the NFL then the flu. I mean covid will never completly go away so is the NFL now never going to get rid of these rules. What’s the end game.

But personal decisions can always screw fans.  I can think of a star QB who had a fairly wacky opinion of what a sore leg means relative to what the doctors and scientists were saying, and still left the fans high and dry.  Could have forced another decision based upon the science, LOL.

Could have told him to go educate himself better about what the scientists were saying about his leg, and that everything will be okay.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

But unlike a punch in the face, it could never be proven that one positive covid patient gave covid to another, so that thought  that one person breathing will inflict harm onto another person is really a massive overreach, from an individual liberties perspective. 

This is faulty logic. Suppose a dozen people wanted to poison the village well. If they did, no one could ever prove whose poison killed somebody, but this isn't a reason for prohibiting each of them from poisoning the well. So if you're covid positive, you should be prohibited from acting in a way that could infect others, even if you couldn't be proven the culprit..

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

Screw the fans. If a player tests positive and it costs the team wins, it's his teammates that are screwed.

26 minutes ago, craigerb said:

Screw the fans. If a player tests positive and it costs the team wins, it's his teammates that are screwed.

That is true also. 

We really shouldn’t worry about it effecting the team. I mean last season at its worst the colts only had a few having to miss games. But it will be interesting how teams keep track of vaccinated and unvaccinated. Will they just start to turn a blind eye in the facility. It’s really the players that have to deal with all the protocols so I really shouldn’t care  as long as ir doesn’t effect the team.

10 hours ago, Nickster said:

The suicide attempts form teenage girls are staggering.  Appears isolation effects young girls much more than other groups.  Pretty obvious IMO. 

It’s doing it to a lot of folks, not just teenage girls. My age group, I’ve lost 7 from my graduating class to suicide or prescriptions ods in the last year and were not even 40 years old yet.

Something I just realized is protocols that were just agreed too are only for TC and preseason games. Regular season protocols have not been agreed to yet. Maybe some changes will be made after players see what was agreed too for preseason. 

Mike Chapell was on JMV today and mentioned without being asked how what if you have two players who are equal and one is vexed and one isnt. He said this could very well happen.

2 hours ago, craigerb said:

This is faulty logic. Suppose a dozen people wanted to poison the village well. If they did, no one could ever prove whose poison killed somebody, but this isn't a reason for prohibiting each of them from poisoning the well. So if you're covid positive, you should be prohibited from acting in a way that could infect others, even if you couldn't be proven the culprit..

No it isn't.   In your scenario, I assume that we know who has the poison and who doesn't.  Which we did with testing positive and then a 14 day quarantine.  That was not an infringement of individual rights.

What I'm talking about is when we don't know who has covid and who doesn't, so the only solution would be to quarantine all of society until people could prove they were not carrying poison.  Or require them to stay six feet apart, or to wear masks.  Basically, to limit their ability to unintentionally spread it by limiting their behavior.

In the 1980's we could have sorted out the aids problem very quickly by quarantining everybody, limiting a person's ability to unintentionally spread it by behavior, until a person was tested for Aids and then quarantine that person for as long as it took to make sure they were not a danger to someone else.  But the individual privacy folks would have none of that.

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Looks like the Broncos are going to reach that 85% also. These teams have to be doing something different then what the colts are doing.

"They really ramped up the last few days"  Give it some time, the Colts might ramp up too.

Not sure why a professional athlete would not get the vax if the governing bodies are putting so many onerous rules on the people who don't get a vax.  

Players may also be simply waiting to see what all of the rules are going to be before making a decision.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

It’s doing it to a lot of folks, not just teenage girls. My age group, I’ve lost 7 from my graduating class to suicide or prescriptions ods in the last year and were not even 40 years old yet.

Sorry to hear that man.

Suicides overall are down though.  Probably a lot less stressful for working adults since few were working and the free money.

26 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This is interesting. Florio said in that video I posted that he has heard teams may cut their rosters down before camp to try and get to that higher vaccination percentage. So players who aren’t vaccinated who really had no chance may be cut before camp.

I don’t know why that was funny. He wasn’t talking about getting down to 53 players. He was talking about cutting it down to maybe 70 or 75.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

The poster is just making fun of Leonard’s anti vax position. I don’t think anything is going to make him get it.

That's his choice.   Why would anyone outside of his family try to change his mind?

22 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

The poster is just making fun of Leonard’s anti vax position. I don’t think anything is going to make him get it.

You have to recognize his steadfastness to his beliefs, because this is while he is negotiating a new contract. Getting sick could mess that up.

32 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

You have to recognize his steadfastness to his beliefs, because this is while he is negotiating a new contract. Getting sick could mess that up.

“Getting sick could mess that up” ???

Oh, the irony.   If Darius is concerned about getting sick, he’s far better off getting the shot than not.   It’s a night and day difference.

The exception is if he has health issues that the vaccine would make worse, and only his doctor would know that. 

But if his issue is simply anti-vax, then I don’t know what to say beyond very sad. 

2 minutes ago, CamMo said:

sorry if this has already been posted. But I’m guessing more Colts players will be vaccinated very soon.

It goes even farther then that. Players can’t even travel on the team plane in the preseason if their is a road game if they aren’t vaccinated. These aren’t regular season protocols yet but expect it to be the same or close.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

It goes even farther then that. Players can’t even travel on the team plane in the preseason if their is a road game if they aren’t vaccinated. These aren’t regular season protocols yet but expect it to be the same or close.

Yup. I read the entire Twitter thread, but didn’t wanna weigh the thread down with all of it. 
I think it’s fair to say unvaccinated players will be at a disadvantage and ostracized based on the agreement.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh, the irony.   If Darius is concerned about getting sick, he’s far better off getting the shot than not.   It’s a night and day difference.

The exception is if he has health issues that the vaccine would make worse, and only his doctor would know that. 

But if his issue is simply anti-vax, then I don’t know what to say beyond very sad. 

I think Leonard actually had covid after the season was over. He had some IG stories indicating he had it and was stuck isolated in his basement. I do think players should be able to show proof of antibodies and get the same treatment as vaccinated players if they have had it. 

Olayees may be worried about that heart issue from covid but the truth is that heart condition is usually caused by a virus. So they are probably just as likely or more to get it if they catch covid.

1 minute ago, CamMo said:

Yup. I read the entire Twitter thread, but didn’t wanna weigh the thread down with all of it. 
I think it’s fair to say unvaccinated players will be at a disadvantage and ostracized based on the agreement.

I think you are right these are such strict rules players will get it. There may be a few who don’t but  I think a lot will now they see the restrictions. We will be able to spot unvaccinated players very easy.

39 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That's what I meant by he must (for whatever his reason) REALLY believe in not getting the shot.

3 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

That's what I meant by he must (for whatever his reason) REALLY believe in not getting the shot.

I actually had someone tell me yesterday blacks are afraid to get the vaccine because of what happened 100 years ago. That they think the government is trying to kill them off. I am like what. That is nuts.

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I actually had someone tell me yesterday blacks are afraid to get the vaccine because of what happened 100 years ago. That they think the government is trying to kill them off. I am like what. That is nuts.

I see that every day in the Midwest. That was the point of my first post in this thread. I can't understand it, but I see it every day.

Archived