Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Feeling Sorry For Young Texans Fans

King Colt

If it comes to Hopkins, Watt and Watson all gone I feel for the young Texans fans that hold them as heroes. Compare it to Manning, Harrison and Freeney jumping ship. Houston is truly demoralized especially when Watson goes after fighting for a decent QB for years. They won't recover from this for a long, long time especially if the brilliant Texans brain trust continue to embarrass the fans.

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

If it comes to Hopkins, Watt and Watson all gone I feel for the young Texans fans that hold them as heroes. Compare it to Manning, Harrison and Freeney jumping ship. Houston is truly demoralized especially when Watson goes after fighting for a decent QB for years. They won't recover from this for a long, long time especially if the brilliant Texans brain trust continue to embarrass the fans.

Watson isn't going anywhere 

On 3/5/2021 at 4:12 PM, danlhart87 said:

Watson isn't going anywhere 

Houston would be dumb to not trade him at this point. Although I wouldnt put it past them. How can they rebuild a team/locker room with a guy who doesnt want to be their. If they try to force the issue Watson will sit out and Houston will miss out on the ridiculous amount of draft capital they can get.

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

Houston would be dumb to not trade him at this point. Although I wouldnt put it past them. How can they rebuild a team/locker room with a guy who doesnt want to be their. If they try to force the issue Watson will sit out and Houston will miss out on the ridiculous amount of draft capital they can get.

Its being reported everywhere in Texas down here that Texans front office aren't gonna budge and plan on keeping him.

Obviously that could change when he threatens to sit out. 

4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Its being reported everywhere in Texas down here that Texans front office aren't gonna budge and plan on keeping him.

Obviously that could change when he threatens to sit out. 

So the Houston front office is thinking we'll show him, we will sit him for the year. Yes, the fans will love paying money to see the hapless Texans get crushed for 16 games and to sit him is like trading him for no one in return.. Now that he has said he "dislikes" being on the team the suit & tie folks add to the fire he already has for them. BRILLIANT!

I can feel bad for Houston fans.   The franchise has been mismanaged beyond comprehension.

But if I’m really going to feel sorry for a fan base, it’s going to be THIS fan base. 

The Colts got half a career out of a potential Hall of Fame quarterback.   Just when he had a Head Coach that knew how to use Luck correctly and a GM that knows how to build a good team around him, he’s unable to play any longer.

Colts fans missed out on what should have been a probable Hall of Fame career.   THAT’S something to truly feel bad about.   I really feel bad for Colt’s fans. 

That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it. 

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I can feel bad for Houston fans.   The franchise has been mismanaged beyond comprehension.

But if I’m really going to feel sorry for a fan base, it’s going to be THIS fan base. 

The Colts got half a career out of a potential Hall of Fame quarterback.   Just when he had a Head Coach that knew how to use Luck correctly and a GM that knows how to build a good team around him, he’s unable to play any longer.

Colts fans missed out on what should have been a probable Hall of Fame career.   THAT’S something to truly feel bad about.   I really feel bad for Colt’s fans. 

To the bolded.... I wouldn't say unable... just unwilling. 

20 hours ago, King Colt said:

So the Houston front office is thinking we'll show him, we will sit him for the year. Yes, the fans will love paying money to see the hapless Texans get crushed for 16 games and to sit him is like trading him for no one in return.. Now that he has said he "dislikes" being on the team the suit & tie folks add to the fire he already has for them. BRILLIANT!

He won't sit.    That will just prolong the Texans own his rights

19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yep and not to rehash things with Luck but I will lmao , I have no doubt we won a SB or 2 with Luck with the Line we have now, GM, and Coach we have now. It is a damn shame. At least Luck gave us 3 very good to great years from 2012-2014 and many great memories. That is better than nothing. Luck also at least made an AFC Title Game something Watson/Watt/Hopkins never did.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep and not to rehash things with Luck but I will lmao , I have no doubt we won a SB or 2 with Luck with the Line we have now, GM, and Coach we have now. It is a damn shame. At least Luck gave us 3 very good to great years from 2012-2014 and many great memories. That is better than nothing. Luck also at least made an AFC Title Game something Watson/Watt/Hopkins never did.

Interesting that you note the three best years as 12-14.    My favorite Luck year was 18. 

I think we saw more of the real Andrew Luck, more, but not all, than any other year.   And he wasn’t even 100 percent.   Not even close.

When I think of Luck, 18 is the year I remember most. 

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Interesting that you note the three best years as 12-14.    My favorite Luck year was 18. 

I think we saw more of the real Andrew Luck, more, but not all, than any other year.   And he wasn’t even 100 percent.   Not even close.

When I think of Luck, 18 is the year I remember most. 

Yeah 2018 was a fun season, Luck was sharp during that long winning streak. I still loved what he did in 2014 because we had a mediocre O.Line and no running game, he was a 1 man wreckin crew that season. 

2 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

I think he will, he can sit as long as it takes.  The team wont want this in limbo for years 

You don't know his personal finances thus you can't say he can sit for any amount of time. 

If he has payments on a multi million dollar home and if he has some high dollar cars. 

Taxes on his income is in the highest bracket. 

The reality of these players incomes would be lucky to be 50% after paying taxes and agents fees. 

As far as the team is concerned they can wait it out if they choose to. They are not paying him and make money back off of him in fines. The teams income does not stop like his does. 

On 3/10/2021 at 12:11 PM, King Colt said:

They might have as well sit him last year. Dumpster fire.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

You don't know his personal finances thus you can't say he can sit for any amount of time. 

You don't know that he can't.  His net worth is already more than most people make in a life time.  He could sell stuff, get endorsements and do other things for money.

I don't usually side with players holding out, but I do here.  The owner and especially GM are terrible. It's not just Watson, the fans and players hate them

Was anyone mad when the team cut Nick Martin and didn't honor his contract?  It's too bad so many side with the team no matter what, they have not earned that. 

They created a toxic environment with way too much emphasis on politics and religion. This cost them the locker room and fans.  Their coach doesn't want this hold out hanging over him either, smartest move is to trade him

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If he has payments on a multi million dollar home and if he has some high dollar cars. 

Taxes on his income is in the highest bracket. 

The reality of these players incomes would be lucky to be 50% after paying taxes and agents fees. 

As far as the team is concerned they can wait it out if they choose to. They are not paying him and make money back off of him in fines. The teams income does not stop like his does. 

For what it's worth....

I've read his income will be fine.    He reportedly makes 10's of millions in endorsements off the field.

I think his biggest problem is giving up a year of you prime youth.   Is he really willing to do that?   Because if he does, the contract doesn't change in a year.   If Watson sits out,  the contract stays the same

If he plays,  he can show again his ability and by playing a year,  he lowers the Dead Cap Hit number for the next year which might make trading Watson more doable in 2022.      That's what I'd be telling him to do.    Play in '21.    Trade in '22.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it's worth....

I've read his income will be fine.    He reportedly makes 10's of millions in endorsements off the field.

I think his biggest problem is giving up a year of you prime youth.   Is he really willing to do that?   Because if he does, the contract doesn't change in a year.   If Watson sits out,  the contract stays the same

If he plays,  he can show again his ability and by playing a year,  he lowers the Dead Cap Hit number for the next year which might make trading Watson more doable in 2022.      That's what I'd be telling him to do.    Play in '21.    Trade in '22.

Without him playing football does his "10'a of millions" continue? 

On 3/11/2021 at 9:33 PM, BlackTiger said:

You don't know that he can't.  His net worth is already more than most people make in a life time.  He could sell stuff, get endorsements and do other things for money.

I don't usually side with players holding out, but I do here.  The owner and especially GM are terrible. It's not just Watson, the fans and players hate them

I feel no sympathy for Watson.   He signed a huge extension in September.   It's not like the Texans just became a dempster fire in the past few months.  IMO, by signing that contract he agreed that he was fine with the franchise.  Trading away Hopkins was fine by him.  

I would like to see the NFL have a designated "forced to trade" transaction that maybe gets them added compensation.  Not a fan of players holding teams hostage.  

20 minutes ago, Myles said:

I feel no sympathy for Watson.   He signed a huge extension in September.   It's not like the Texans just became a dempster fire in the past few months.  IMO, by signing that contract he agreed that he was fine with the franchise.  Trading away Hopkins was fine by him.  

I would like to see the NFL have a designated "forced to trade" transaction that maybe gets them added compensation.  Not a fan of players holding teams hostage.  

I don't really agree in total. In principal this should be right, but as a practical matter, irrespective of what's going on with any of the 32 franchises, guys are going to take the 100+ mill contract and frankly, given that they're one hit away from that value being wiped out, they have to. It says nothing about what they think about their team ultimately. See Carson Wentz.. 

Should he be throwing this fit? Ideally, no, but the Texans gave him that leverage with the contract to basically say "I'm the most important person here"- and he is. 

22 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't really agree in total. In principal this should be right, but as a practical matter, irrespective of what's going on with any of the 32 franchises, guys are going to take the 100+ mill contract and frankly, given that they're one hit away from that value being wiped out, they have to. It says nothing about what they think about their team ultimately. See Carson Wentz.. 

Should he be throwing this fit? Ideally, no, but the Texans gave him that leverage with the contract to basically say "I'm the most important person here"- and he is. 

I think we are mostly in agreement.  

Watson taking the huge payout from signing the deal tells me that he was fine with anything the team decided to do.  He has essentially took the Houston money without the intention of playing for them.   

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I would not use the word sympathy, I just respect his right to ask for a trade and sit out.

These contracts are not ironclad agreements, the Texans have cut at least one player this offseason that had time left on his deal.  If the teams can get out of these agreements that easily than the players deserve a way out too.

32 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I would not use the word sympathy, I just respect his right to ask for a trade and sit out.

These contracts are not ironclad agreements, the Texans have cut at least one player this offseason that had time left on his deal.  If the teams can get out of these agreements that easily than the players deserve a way out too.

I don't really agree.  Just as I don't wield as much power as the company I work for.   I think the guaranteed money has protected new deals and $$ of the players.  Has Watson offered to give back any of the money?   I'm sure the answer is NO.  

Deshaun Watson signed a 4 year, $156,000,000 contract with the Houston Texans, including a $27,000,000 signing bonus, $110,717,123 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $39,000,000. 

45 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't really agree.  Just as I don't wield as much power as the company I work for.   I think the guaranteed money has protected new deals and $$ of the players.  Has Watson offered to give back any of the money?   I'm sure the answer is NO.  

Deshaun Watson signed a 4 year, $156,000,000 contract with the Houston Texans, including a $27,000,000 signing bonus, $110,717,123 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $39,000,000. 

The team knows players can be cut, traded or hurt when they hand out those singing bonuses, they did not have to give it to him.   

What's ironic is the team just extended nick martin two years ago and then cut him recently.   I guess they are divas that should not have singed him if they don't want to honor the contract until the end.  

Archived