Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

1 minute ago, bravo4460 said:

What QB are you wanting the Colts to over pay for?

no matter how you look at it the colts need to over pay for a franchise guy because they are to good to get a top 5 pick .   Without a Top ten QB colts are in a bad spot and its very hard to be a legit team in a pass happy league .  this is not the same league as it even was 20 years ago , the rules favor the offense so much now that even a top 3 defense gives up 20 points a game now .  Its very hard to have your defense shut down 3 or 4 elite playoff team offense in a row to win a super bowl now .  If the chiefs never traded down from 27 to take mahomes they would be bad right now , same with so many other teams look how many teams traded down to get their guy .   At some point for the colts to take the next step the  colts will have to over pay or lose their super bowl window . the real problem is identifying the right QB that is worth it and will pay off .

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, harrisoncolts88 said:

I definitely think that has merit. Because:
1) What if the QB you drafted doesn't pan out (Jalen Hurts)
2) You trade your other QB who gets "fixed" and begins playing good football again
3) Because of #2, people then question the return you got in the trade
4) What if the trade assets don't pan out to anything

Seems to me they wouldn’t be worried of that happening as much If he went to the bears. It’s the fact It’s Reich and they know Reich can fix him. Add that to the colts having a really good team.

What is taking the Bears so long?  They really don't know what they're doing over there.  Wentz is clearly the best option they can get at QB this offseason.  They're not getting Jimmy G over the Patriots.  The Falcons wouldn't do that to Ryan.  And they don't have the resources for Watson.  Do they think they can wait until the Darnold chip falls?  At least Wentz has shown an ability to reach higher highs than Darnold.  Wentz is the best they're going to be able to do.  And if they rehab him to serviceable he would still probably be the best QB they've had since McMahon or Cutler.  They have the big tight end in Kmet.  Either bring back Jimmy Graham or bring over Ertz and work the dual tight end sets with Robinson likely gone in free agency.  It's really a no brainer for them.

10 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

no matter how you look at it the colts need to over pay for a franchise guy because they are to good to get a top 5 pick .   Without a Top ten QB colts are in a bad spot and its very hard to be a legit team in a pass happy league .  this is not the same league as it even was 20 years ago , the rules favor the offense so much now that even a top 3 defense gives up 20 points a game now .  Its very hard to have your defense shut down 3 or 4 elite playoff team offense in a row to win a super bowl now .  If the chiefs never traded down from 27 to take mahomes they would be bad right now , same with so many other teams look how many teams traded down to get their guy .   At some point for the colts to take the next step the  colts will have to over pay or lose their super bowl window . the real problem is identifying the right QB that is worth it and will pay off .

This!

Im not saying they shouldn’t.... Just not for any of the QBs available to them, especially on those contracts. Unless we are talking Rodgers or Watson then not worth it to give up your future.

Would rather overpay for a young guy who they believe to be the next franchise guy on a cheaper rookie contract. That is a safer bet.

I don’t think Ballard has an issue with overpaying.   But if he’s going to, it’s going to be with a legit premium level player at the right age. 

He’s not going to overpay (in terms of draft picks) for Stafford or Wentz or Ryan or any other player who isn’t  among the very best at his position. 

He paid Buckner premium money.  He paid Moore premium money.  He’s going to pay Q premium money and he’s going to do that with Leonard and I almost forgot Smith too. 

Heck....   he paid Stewart $10.5 per year for 3 years and I didn’t think he’d pay that kind of money for a nose tackle.  

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

Ryan gives us the best chance to win now.

here’s my response to you that your missing:

“Didn’t mean for it to sound that way.

Key word you said “Signed”. They didn’t risk their entire future for 1 guy. I know... QB but still. What happens if the QB the Colts trade for doesn’t work out. You just risked your entire franchise future because you gave up all your high picks/ young players for 1 guy.

Signing... Fine, Over paying.. Not so much. 

And YES, The Rams over paid for Stafford even if they win a SB. Would it be worth it? Absolutely! But they still over paid. If they don’t win a SB..... then yikes”

but yes, I agree, I like Ryan, but the Falcons are saying he is not available.

1 minute ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Had a weird dream last night that the Colts acquired both Stafford and Darnold somehow? It was flashing as Breaking News on a big TV screen.

I have no follow-up comment about this, just wanted to share my delusional subconscious thoughts with you all lmao carry on!

It is all of these Tweets going through your head stupid homer simpson GIF- my brain after all 110 pages of QB talk.

3 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Key word you said “Signed”. They didn’t risk their entire future for 1 guy. I know... QB but still. What happens if the QB the Colts trade for doesn’t work out. You just risked your entire franchise future because you gave up all your high picks/ young players for 1 guy.

And YES, The Rams over paid for Stafford even if they win a SB. Would it be worth it? Absolutely! But they still over paid. If they don’t win a SB..... then yikes”

I think he might be...they are in position to draft hometown guy...Fields

3 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

They will lose what they will get because teams will go looking elsewhere. Ballard and Pace aren’t going to wait around. 

Oh I think they’ll wait around.  They have to this point.  So what’s a while longer?

But the Eagles are the ones who have the roster bonus deadline.  That’s what will force Roseman to move....assuming nobody gets close to his ask before then.  I doubt anybody will.

13 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

If the Colts want to land a big time wide receiver and feel they have a roster to win now, they better get Ryan. I don't think Darnold or Wentz are win now projects.

I have mentioned this before, but I actually think the longer this goes and the closer it gets to paying Wentz's roster bonus  the better it is for the Colts to get Wentz at a lower price. There is no way that the Eagles want to pay that bonus and if Ballard is patient I think he can get Wentz at a more favorable price in March. Of course that means this thread could be up to 1000 pages but if we do get Wentz at a lower price it will be worth it.

7 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I have mentioned this before, but I actually think the longer this goes and the closer it gets to paying Wentz's roster bonus  the better it is for the Colts to get Wentz at a lower price. There is no way that the Eagles want to pay that bonus and if Ballard is patient I think he can get Wentz at a more favorable price in March. Of course that means this thread could be up to 1000 pages but if we do get Wentz at a lower price it will be worth it.

The question is will Ballard wait or go find someone else. If he waits he may miss out on someone else then not get Wentz. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Seems like it might be a matter of time before Wentz is a colt. If they want him this bad give up 21 and see if the Eagles will give you 38. 

What is your opinion on Wentz, just asking out of curiosity? Do you think we are an 8-8 team with him, 10-6 team with him, 11-5 and playoff team with him, or a SB contender at 11-5 or 12-4?

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is your opinion on Wentz, just asking out of curiosity? Do you think we are an 8-8 team with him, 10-6 team with him, 11-5 and playoff team with him, or a SB contender at 11-5 or 12-4?

I think he would be great. Reich knows him well. Give him the run game and oline with some upgraded weapons and I think most of his problems are fixed without too much effort. Not to mention the eagles organization is a mess right now.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think he would be great. Reich knows him well. Give him the run game and oline with some upgraded weapons and I think most of his problems are fixed without too much effort. Not to mention the eagles organization is a mess right now.

Fair enough, I am just not sure at this point. If he plays like he did in 2017 then heck yes, he looked bad last year.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fair enough, I am just not sure at this point. If he plays like he did in 2017 then heck yes, he looked bad last year.

This is a good summary.

A similar reclamation project analogy would be Rivers.  Bad in ‘19.  Steady despite being injured in ‘20 with Indy.

Just now, zibby43 said:

This is a good summary.

A similar reclamation project analogy would be Rivers.  Bad in ‘19.  Steady despite being injured in ‘20 with Indy.

The thing with Rivers is, he has always been a great teammate and was durable. I felt great with him coming in here. I even predicted 10 wins before the season and we won 11.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Do you have me blocked lol.

Who Knows Yes GIF by Bounce

Some post are there then occasionally 1 isn't there.

Like your post with the tweet was there, but the one 2006 quoted you on wasn't 

Edit: now it is there.

dan levy wtf GIF by CBC

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Chloe will stroke before then. Along with a few others 

Archived