Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, krunk said:

Think it will be a Tackle maybe. They are talking about moving Braden to the left. Maybe they take the new guy and move him to RT like Braden started off.

They’re also talking about moving Q to the Left side too.   There’s also free agency.   And yes, it might be from the draft depending on how it shakes out. 

Heck, they’ve talked about moving my mom to LT but her arms are way, WAY too short!   :peek:

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

They’re also talking about moving Q to the Left side too.   There’s also free agency.   And yes, it might be from the draft depending on how it shakes out. 

Heck, they’ve talked about moving my mom to LT but her arms are way, WAY too short!   :peek:

I'm gonna be honest.  I don't see your mom coming off the board till day 3

8 minutes ago, IinD said:

Lol..I can't wait for this thread to be dead and buried .

No one is forcing you to click it and read it. 200.gif

18 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

We give up the better players and the higher pick?  What was he smoking?

Where is the no deal button? Lol

game show singing GIF by Deal Or No Deal

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm gonna be honest.  I don't see your mom coming off the board till day 3

You're probably right... 

She’s gonna be so disappointed.   She’s already spent the signing bonus money she thought she had coming!    

Hey, sometimes life isn’t fair...   

I know that some people are growing weary of this thread but i have enjoyed it. There has been some good discussion and debate about QB's, there have been memes, and now we have forum member's moms being discussed as potential additions to the O-Line. To me this thread is what this whole forum is about. Kudos to everyone who has posted. There have been posts I have agreed with, some I haven't. I just enjoy a good sports talk and also the chance to laugh. Thank you everyone who contributes to this forum. It is a part of my day that I look forward to.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

What the other metrics and shuttle splits?

Well her unofficial 40 time at her pro day 9.57 seconds but she was running into the wind. With her short arms she struggled to get 17 reps on the bench. She pulled a hammy warming up for the broad jump and had to sit out the rest of the combine. i did hear from multiple sources that her interviews were through the roof and that she has a great understanding of zone blocking techniques!

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s been pretty quiet on the Wentz front last few days. Maybe something is going down.

OR maybe it's not.

Someone make something up!?!? hah

I'd guess that the conventional wisdom is at least partially correct that the Eagles are holding out and now that there's more guys who are making noise about wanting out, it makes some sense to see what market may or may not develop. 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I saw today Jalen Hurts is already getting WR together to practice. Seems they are ready to move on. Quicker we get a deal done for a QB the sooner they can do throwing together.

I hope we get a deal done with a QB but it isn't Wentz. Surely you don't want Wentz? Whether they are available or not my short wish list would be Carr, Ryan, Watson, Luck coming back. If none of those happen I would move up in the draft and draft a QB of my liking and have him battle it out with Eason. Wentz, Darnold, Trubisky, Foles, Dalton, Mariota, Cam, Fitzpatrick will get us nowhere.

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I saw today Jalen Hurts is already getting WR together to practice. Seems they are ready to move on. Quicker we get a deal done for a QB the sooner they can do throwing together.

That has no bearing on what teammates do outside of the team’s activities

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope we get a deal done with a QB but it isn't Wentz. Surely you don't want Wentz? Whether they are available or not my short wish list would be Carr, Ryan, Watson, Luck coming back. If none of those happen I would move up in the draft and draft a QB of my liking and have him battle it out with Eason. Wentz, Darnold, Trubisky, Foles, Dalton, Mariota, Cam, Fitzpatrick will get us nowhere.

She’s been foaming at the mouth for Wentz all week. Give It To Me Want GIF

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just don't get how some in here think any of the QB's I named at the end of my above post can get us anywhere in the AFC. Am I missing something?

Yep you are. At least in their eyes. When you figure it, can you let me know cause I’ve yet to understand the fascination with any of these hasnotbeens 

Just now, csmopar said:

Yep you are. At least in their eyes. When you figure it, can you let me know cause I’ve yet to understand the fascination with any of these hasnotbeens 

I haven't either, I am just being truthful and listed the QB's that I think could get us to the playoffs and maybe do something. I listed who I think can't, JMO but my opinion it is. I guess if people in here think Wentz can lead us to a SB win or even a deep playoff run than more power to them.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just don't get how some in here think any of the QB's I named at the end of my above post can get us anywhere in the AFC. Am I missing something?

Respectfully, my friend....

Of course you’re missing something.  While you haven’t the words, what you’re basically saying in posts like this is that you and others here who agree with you know better than Ballard and Reich.   That you’re smarter than they are.   And why don’t they see things as you do. 

And that’s the moment when you lose me.   Not just you, but anyone who posts like this. 

I just don’t think it’s a winning argument. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Respectfully, my friend....

Of course you’re missing something.  While you haven’t the words, what you’re basically saying in posts like this is that you and others here who agree with you know better than Ballard and Reich.   That you’re smarter than they are.   And why don’t they see things as you do. 

And that’s the moment when you lose me.   Not just you, but anyone who posts like this. 

I just don’t think it’s a winning argument. 

I am not saying I know more than them (of course I don't), I would be surprised if Ballard went through trading for Wentz though. If he does than I will go with it and accept it and trust his judgement.

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If I understand your background, you’re a military man.   So I think you’re seasoned enough, and wise enough to understand this concept. 

Sometimes in life there are no good options, only poor or bad options.  And the job, the skill, is to figure out which is the least bad option?   Which is the best of all the poor options?   It sucks to be us, but this is where I think we are.  

The best options aren’t available.  And so here we are. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not saying I know more than them (of course I don't), I would be surprised if Ballard went through trading for Wentz though. If he does than I will go with it and accept it and trust his judgement.

Ballard has been linked to a trade for Wentz since roughly the day after Stafford was traded.   Several weeks now. 

So why would you be surprised?    We really aren’t linked with any other team.   Atlanta might be the closest.  There aren’t any other good options.  Irsay and Ballard say they want a veteran as the next quarterback. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard has been linked to a trade for Wentz since roughly the day after Stafford was traded.   Several weeks now. 

So why would you be surprised?    We really aren’t linked with any other team.   Atlanta might be the closest.  There aren’t any other good options.  Irsay and Ballard say they want a veteran as the next quarterback. 

Apparently Colts inquired about Darnold 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I just can't see Ballard giving up 3 or 4 draft picks for Wentz, especially any 1st's. Maybe he would, not sure? If it was like a 2nd this year and next year and maybe throw in Doyle I could see that I guess. Back to back 2nd's = 2021 and 2022 and Doyle would be fair because Wentz has really regressed and some say created turmoil in the locker room. We may be able to fix his play a bit but the mental part is quite concerning. Will he be a good teammate, etc.. I am sure Ballard is taking that under huge consideration.

Archived