Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

3 hours ago, MarquisJ said:

eagle are gonna be crying when wentz goes back to being a mvp candidate .  when he drops 40 toucdowns and has the colts deep in the playoffs its gonna be fun having a young franchise QB again instead of being in stuck like the bears with good teams and no franchise guy for ten years.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Bears 2021 theme 

so happy Ballard isn't offering 21

If i were Chicago id get Mariota or stay with who they have and then add some weapons to the O. They need OL, RB, and receiver. Trubisky or Foles might show a little better with some real weapons.

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

I was thinking something like 2 seconds for Wentz.  The risk is huge here

That was one argument I  made out of several and you are still going on about that..  Give it a rest ffs

At this price I'm starting to want a free agent (or something else) more than him too.

the cheifs gave up more for mahomes . you have to take risks in the nfl , as long as ballard put the work in to make sure its gonna work i am happy . if wentz gets back to mvp form its well worth it , mvp candidate QBs are worth multiple first round picks .  its either try with a young QB who was a top 5 QB at one point or roll with a game manager and know the colts will never win a super bowl until they get a franchise guy .

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Knowing Ballard, he would trade down to multiply the 1st to a 1st and 3rd or get a future 2nd like he did with Washington. He cannot do that with a 2nd, that is why he wants to keep that 1st rounder. 

He did it in 2019 and 2020, didn't he?

However he chooses to handle it I trust him. 

And it might even be an advantage for us in a weird way. We’re not very far off from these years of having massive cap space being just a memory. Once we get Leonard, Nelson, and a QB locked down we’re going to find ourselves in a tight space for some years like we lived in during the Manning years. It’s inevitable. But the good thing is we already have players good enough that it won’t be a massive hinderance, and it lessens the chances that we’ll have anymore surprise superstars that we need to pay but just don’t have the cap (or maybe even the need) to keep. 

It’s a firm price, but I do believe it’s fair, and even if Ballard was like “:dunno: I’ll just roll with what I got” I still have all the faith in the world that it’s not gonna be the Titanic hitting the iceberg. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

How does it make it less likely for FA QBs to come here?

That was something I  said and they made a huge deal about it yesterday.  I do think a free agent on the fence might choose elsewhere if we go all in on Wentz and fail.  Maybe not, its not a big deal, but that guy thought it was

I wouldn't love being the second or third choice if it were me 

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

That was something I  said and they made a huge deal about it yesterday.  I do think a free agent on the fence might choose elsewhere if we go all in on Wentz and fail.  Maybe not, its not a big deal, but that guy thought it was

If you are a free agent qb,  you are most teams second or third choice.   

7 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

But what does that matter ? If we do trade for Wentz, we’re not going after any FA QB this year, at least not with starting in mind. 

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If you are a free agent qb,  you are most teams second or third choice.   

True for most teams, but most teams are not gong to be looking for a starter in free agency anyway.  The colts could be doing that though.

I figured this was worth mentioning in here.

Matt Miller has the Colts selecting Mac Jones at #21 overall in his latest mock from today.

https://www.thedraftscout.com/p/the-draft-scout-mock-10

For those unfamiliar with the prospect, I found these to be a very concise (and accurate) summary:

"And in Alabama’s Mac Jones they would have a consistent, accurate passer with beautiful deep touch and the rhythm throws to work underneath targets Mike Pittman and (if he returns) T.Y. Hilton open.

Jones will not wow you physically, but his energy and leadership were on display and impressed at the Senior Bowl. And while he doesn’t have an arm that rival Josh Allen, he has enough juice to make pro-level throws while winning with awareness, timing and accuracy.

If Frank Reich can live with an average athlete but high-completion thrower, Jones is an excellent value at this stage of the draft."

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Looks like it may not happen with him if these leaks are real

They want two firsts, we offer two seconds?  Thats pretty far apart.  There are some other leaks saying they wont take less than a first too

They will trade Wentz. There is no way they don’t. While it may not be to the Colts, it sure doesn’t sound like Wentz market is what they thought it’d be. The rest of the league all knows that Wentz got benched for subpar play, they also know he’s grossly over paid . They also know the Eagles are some 70 million negative or over the cap. While trading Wentz only saves them a little less than a million, it’s an every penny counts situation 

1 minute ago, zibby43 said:

Matt Miller has the Colts selection Mac Jones at #21 overall in his latest mock from today.

For those unfamiliar with the prospect, I found these to be a very concise (and accurate) summary:

"And in Alabama’s Mac Jones they would have a consistent, accurate passer with beautiful deep touch and the rhythm throws to work underneath targets Mike Pittman and (if he returns) T.Y. Hilton open.

Jones will not wow you physically, but his energy and leadership were on display and impressed at the Senior Bowl. And while he doesn’t have an arm that rival Josh Allen, he has enough juice to make pro-level throws while winning with awareness, timing and accuracy.

If Frank Reich can live with an average athlete but high-completion thrower, Jones is an excellent value at this stage of the draft."

Old School Reaction GIF

There 

1 minute ago, zibby43 said:

Matt Miller has the Colts selection Mac Jones at #21 overall in his latest mock from today.

There is no guarantee that someone won’t guess nervous and pick him earlier

thanks for the info

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

They will trade Wentz. There is no way they don’t. While it may not be to the Colts, it sure doesn’t sound like Wentz market is what they thought it’d be. The rest of the league all knows that Wentz got benched for subpar play, they also know he’s grossly over paid . They also know the Eagles are some 70 million negative or over the cap. While trading Wentz only saves them a little less than a million, it’s an every penny counts situation 

If they don’t HR will have some explaining to do

9 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Matt Miller has the Colts selecting Mac Jones at #21 overall in his latest mock from today.

I like the accuracy and leadership of Mac, but if you’re needing a miracle in the 4th, you might as well forfeit the game and not risk any injuries. That’s my evaluation of him at least.

Regardless, I’m warming up to the prospect of him as our QB next year. He’ll need all the help he can get, but we just might be able to give him the help he needs

1 minute ago, joecolts said:

I do believe you are his biggest advocate...I'll gladly take 2nd chair  

Since you seem to be in the Mac Jones camp, and seeing as how I’m incredibly lazy and don’t want to do any research right now, do you think he could fall to 21? If not, who would scoop him up?

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

Since you seem to be in the Mac Jones camp, and seeing as how I’m incredibly lazy and don’t want to do any research right now, do you think he could fall to 21? If not, who would scoop him up?

The two teams I worry about picking him in front of us is New England and Chicago

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

its easy to be a stud when you have a nfl roster in college going against way less talented teams .   didnt trent richardson look like a stud with alabama ?     i am weary of guys coming from stacked college teams they turn out to be bust way more then they hit .

People need to stop with the he played for Alabama and Ohio State nonsense. Fields and Jones have a very good chance to be great!

I know you didn't mention Fields but still

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He was wide open.   Lol

click the post there's multiple videos 

On 2/10/2021 at 6:44 PM, richard pallo said:

We drafted a QB last year and never got to see him play.  We are not drafting another one this year because of those circumstances.   Our starting QB will be a veteran.  We just don't know who yet.

I'll wait to see how CB feels about the future QB when #21 rolls around...especially if Mac Jones is still on the board.  My money is on us picking him at that spot if he's there.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

A hyped QB on a stacked alabama roster . he is way overrated just how trent richardson looked elite with a alabama offensive line .   Having a elite everything and getting wide open passes all game does not impress me .

Lots of great NFL players have come out of Alabama. 

Deals got a little risk in it but if we can pull it off in terms of fixing Wentz mechanics and the other stuff its almost like we had 2 first round draft picks this year bc my boy is still really young. And Ballard im sure is going to create more picks out of #21.

Archived