Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, stitches said:

I don't devalue future picks. 3d is a 3d. There is no good reason for future picks to be valued less than current year picks. In fact, if teams indeed work like that in the league, this should be one of the easiest ways to take advantage of GMs with old-fashioned attitudes towards assets. Pretty much every time I get such an offer I would take - this year's 3d for next year 2nd? DEAL! Over the long run you this type of deals should bring you SO MUCH value. 

The standard is there.

Not going to delve to deep into it.

Colts example:

Tony Ugoh

The Colts traded their 2008 first round pick to acquire Ugoh in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2011/4/13/2108459/indianapolis-colts-top-10-draft-busts-and-successes-in-franchise

Last years draft example:

Seahawks, Jaguars make another deal

Seahawks receive:
» 2019 seventh-round (No. 236; select WR John Ursua)

Jaguars receive:
» 2020 sixth-round pick

https://www.nfl.com/news/2019-nfl-draft-trade-tracker-details-of-all-the-moves-0ap3000001027756

2018 Draft examples:

In a total surprise, New England makes another trade (sarcasm)

Patriots receive:
» 2019 third-round pick

Lions receive:
» 2018 fourth-round pick (No. 114) -- Da'Shawn Hand, DE, Alabama

https://www.nfl.com/news/2018-nfl-draft-trade-tracker-details-of-all-the-moves-0ap3000000928057

Not going back any further.

So while you don't devalue future picks, the precedent is there.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Texas weather this week is nuts 

Earlier this week it was 75 later it will be 15

Here in the Pocket

The last time it was above 32 was Sunday the next will be Saturday the 20

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I wouldn't expect them to add in a player of his status in that deal. Same for Dillard.

I agree mentioned him yesterday when the asking price as 2 1s

1 minute ago, w87r said:

The standard is there.

Colts example:

Tony Ugoh

The Colts traded their 2008 first round pick to acquire Ugoh in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2011/4/13/2108459/indianapolis-colts-top-10-draft-busts-and-successes-in-franchise

Seahawks receive:

Jaguars receive:
» 2020 sixth-round pick

https://www.nfl.com/news/2019-nfl-draft-trade-tracker-details-of-all-the-moves-0ap3000001027756

2018 Draft examples:

Patriots receive:
» 2019 third-round pick

Lions receive:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2018-nfl-draft-trade-tracker-details-of-all-the-moves-0ap3000000928057

Feeling It Wyclef Jean GIF by Fugees

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

The standard is there.

Colts example:

Tony Ugoh

Seahawks receive:

Jaguars receive:
» 2020 sixth-round pick

2018 Draft examples:

Patriots receive:
» 2019 third-round pick

Lions receive:

Oh I know... I just hope Ballard is not one of those GMs that subscribes to that one. In fact I would be hoping he's one of those that takes advantage of other GMs who do. 

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Agreed unless his OT/DE is there at 21 and might not be there later

Interesting Season 1 Episode 104 GIF by Rick and Morty

think there will still be some promising OTs in Round Two (Cosmi? Little etc) BUT I suspect nearly all of the Edge guys worth picking may go in Round One, unless maybe it's one of the guys from Pitt (not sure if CB likes them anyway, post-Senior Bowl)

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

What was the offer

Friendly Reminder 

Please sign up for Gavin Mock Draft 

The offer Jaws reported.  I consider him reputable.  He is very well connected to the Eagles.  I think this was done intentionally by the Eagles to get the Bears to beat it and get this over with quickly.  

1 minute ago, HectorRoberts said:

-20 here in Helena MT

freezing jim carrey GIF

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts offer says Ron Jaworski is....

— Two 2’s and perhaps another pick, a 3 or a 4.    The other pick sounds contingent on certain markers. 

No players named or hinted at.   Just picks. 

Thanks

I could get on board with that 

I don't wanna lose pick 21 at all

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

if that happened you know Ballard would just trade back to get 2 back

I'm already checking to see which teams have early-to-middle 2nd round picks--NYJ, Mia, Atl, etc

would be interesting if CB swung a trade down from #21 that included a 2nd round pick higher than Philly's....oh, the irony

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

It was Jaws so probably pretty accurate 

gotta think that Radunz, Little and maybe even Cosmi would still be there early in the 2nd round if CB did trade down from #21

if Darrisaw or maybe Jenkins dropped to #21 in Round One, maybe Ballard would go ahead and make the pick instead of trading down?

@Fluke_33 @HectorRoberts

It is 25 here in the Pocket but feels like 15 and we have 4+ inches of snow and ice on the ground

Monday was the only day school was in session this week

3 minutes ago, poilucelt said:

gotta think that Radunz, Little and maybe even Cosmi would still be there early in the 2nd round if CB did trade down from #21

if Darrisaw or maybe Jenkins dropped to #21 in Round One, maybe Ballard would go ahead and make the pick instead of trading down?

I agree 

4 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Correct, here are the details, as a refresher for those who may have missed it (which is understandable because this thread grows faster than Gremlins after you feed them after midnight):

Ipuke throws up GIF

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

They canceled school for 4 inches of snow?

They canceled here for a dusting last week

Archived