Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll ask this because I think I've seen more NO's to bringing on Darnold than I have seen Yes's, why are people against trading for him? I'll be the first one to admit that I don't watch film of offense and know anything on what mechanics I should be looking for. I usually only look at defense and see how players use technique, hustle, demeanor, etc.

So is it people just don't like how Darnold plays? Is it they think he would cost too much? Is it because people don't like the idea of having a 23 year old QB (with 3 years experience) with also having a rookie/,5 year QB on the roster? I ask this with genuine curiosity 

March 19th is a critical date for the Eagles and that $10 million roster bonus for Wentz will definitely create a sense of urgency.

If I am Ballard, as soon as free agency starts (March 17th), if I do not get a call from Howie, moving on to my other options.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

March 19th is a critical date for the Eagles and that $10 million roster bonus for Wentz will definitely create a sense of urgency.

If I am Ballard, as soon as free agency starts (March 17th), if I do not get a call from Howie, moving on to my other options.

This will happen before March 17th simply cause the Eagles need every penny. The fact that it has dragged on this long means no team places as high a value on him as do the eagles

8 minutes ago, harrisoncolts88 said:

I'll ask this because I think I've seen more NO's to bringing on Darnold than I have seen Yes's, why are people against trading for him? I'll be the first one to admit that I don't watch film of offense and know anything on what mechanics I should be looking for. I usually only look at defense and see how players use technique, hustle, demeanor, etc.

So is it people just don't like how Darnold plays? Is it they think he would cost too much? Is it because people don't like the idea of having a 23 year old QB (with 3 years experience) with also having a rookie/,5 year QB on the roster? I ask this with genuine curiosity 

Somewhere between him "seeing ghosts out there" and the Jets record since he showed up and the lowlight real.. yeah..

It's an optimistic spin on his situation that it was everything but him, but it could have been, the Jets aren't good.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

As far as Watson I wonder if they are saying he isn’t on the trade block so his value doesn’t go down. Maybe they are taking calls behind closed doors. I have seen people say this is why Wentz doesn’t publicly say he wants a trade brcause then his value goes down.

New HC and FO people trying to save face in Houston

1 hour ago, harrisoncolts88 said:

Sam hasnt been very good in the league ,

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

LOL This is how you know Vin Is blowing smoke. What would be the purpose of this trade. Why would they just switch WR.

Maybe the Eagles wanted Jeudy last year? Pretty sure Hurts worked with him at Alabama as well.

25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Why would the broncos want to get rid of Jeudy and take on Reagor who hasn’t showed anything. This is a bunch of stupid. Now you know he is a con artist.

Lol. Ok.

Maybe because they have Courtland Sutton, KJ Hamler and don't feel Reagor is big drop off from Jeudy, plus like Richard said, it helps them pull in Wentz without a 1st.

I am more interested in the fact Lock isn't in there and the potential of maybe him being an option.

You're telling me, "now I know he is a con artist". You are the one posting his stuff, tell yourself that.

Get over it, if Wentz goes somewhere else, that would be the best move the Colts make all offseason.

17 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's not real.   Benjamin Albright said the teams haven't even talked

Albright is the gospel now?

Please, all these guys are full of it.

The Broncos would have to be really sure Wentz is a upgrade. The best your down grading at WR. To me there seems no purpose in a trade Iike that. Now if they could get Watson that would be a different story.  I don’t get why they want to move on from lock when that team including Lock had a lot of injuries. Seems they would only benefit in someone like Watson.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Lol. Ok.

Maybe because they have Courtland Sutton, KJ Hamler and don't feel Reagor is big drop off from Jeudy, plus like Richard said, it helps them pull in Wentz without a 1st.

I am mor interested in the fact Lock isn't in there and the potential of maybe him being an option.

You're telling me, "now I know he is a con artist". You are the one posting his stuff, tell yourself that.

Get over it, if Wentz goes somewhere else, that would be the best move the Colts make all offseason.

Please all these guys are full of it.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning lol. 

25 minutes ago, w87r said:

Lol. Ok.

I am more interested in the fact Lock isn't in there and the potential of maybe him being an option.

Please, all these guys are full of it.

Albright has a known relationship with the team.   

I think Fosh is a fraud as much as the rest of us. I do find it curious though that Allbright feels the need to keep sparring with him on Twitter. What is the point in giving him clout, unless he some how feels threatened by him? Allbright is the only one who has something to lose here it seems. If Broncos do make this deal Allbright's "rep", that he so call has, will take a hit.

I take Fosh's word just as much as I take Allbright's......I don't.

Rumors are rumors, facts are facts and until Schefter tweets it, I will take it all with a grain of salt.

Just going to drop this here for the continued fraud talk.

Fosh beat Woj to the punch. Final deal slightly different but that isn't a big deal. Kuzma/Ingram 1 additional pick

This is basketball, but Fosh seems to know someone somewhere that is feeding him some Intel.

Most these other "reputable" guys get things wrong often too. 

Lets revisit this tweet from nearly a week prior to Jaws statement.

Everyone wants to believe Jaws right? Well maybe this was the offer he was referring to? Players out future 3rd/4th in place?

So which is it? Jaws probably knows the goods, or Fosh is blowing smoke.

:facepalm: can't beleive Im in here defending Fosh.....:lol:

15 hours ago, w87r said:

Seems like a lot of post for nothing?

Is it so far fetched, that the Colts might not actually have that offer in? I don't think it is.

Definitely not worth the over the top response you came with.

Rumors are rumors. It's reasonable to suspect that maybe, just maybe the picks talked about are embellished still.

Over the top?

This has turned into a drinking game for you.

Make a post, and state you oppose any and all trade talk for Carson Wentz with every fiber of your being.   If I had $1 for every time you’ve said that, I’d be rich.   And it’s only picked up steam the last few days.   It’s the worst kept secret on the website.   You hate the guy.  He’s a terrible broken QB, he can’t be fixed, he’s a cancer in the locker room. 

Negative rumors about Wentz you warmly embrace.   Positive rumors are rejected.  We get it.  No one will ever spot you wearing a Carson Wentz jersey.   

You might want to consider you’re a little over the top on this issue as well....  

12 minutes ago, w87r said:

Lets revisit this tweet from nearly a week prior to Jaws statement.

Everyone wants to believe Jaws right? Well maybe this was the offer he was referring to? Players out future 3rd/4th in place?

So which is it? Jaws probably knows the goods, or Fosh is blowing smoke.

:facepalm: can't beleive Im in here defending Fosh.....:lol:

I'm so confused!!! lol

So, this dude isn't making, literally everything up as was the going thinking not long ago. 

The rumor mill, mills? Is that what mills do? What's a mill?

Fosh did post the colts would give up 2 second round picks way before that Jaws info came out. He included in that post Okereke and Doyle were discussed. Could Albright be wrong? Sure. That is something teams may be very quiet about. The trade though seems really off the wall and doesn’t seem to move the needle much for Denver.

So this guy with the name that sounds like a tropical fish is like the dollar store version of that Incarcerated Bob guy, then?

I thought someone had said he was an agent some pages back... 

Either way, the Twitter has changed the ways and sources we get news. There are now people who aren’t actually legitimate journalists, or front office employees who get people who are in the know in their ring and do get info because of it. 

Welcome to the brave new world. 

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This has turned into a drinking game for you.

I don't drink.

As far as the rest of the gibberish you posted, you can keep all that. I am far from the only person that feels this way about Wentz. If we bring him in, I will support him, but as your gibberish has stated, I clearly do not want that. Some do, some don't, been part of the 115+ pages of the thread. Nothing over the top about it. Just opinions.

Most things I have said in this thread are in jest. Enjoying the busy offseason time, that is usually slow going.

You posted this:

Keep going.

Next up you’ll deny we have even spoken to Philly.

Then, you’ll deny Philly has a quarterback named Carson Wentz. 

Then, you’ll deny we have a  named Chris Ballard or a head coach named Frank Reich. 

Then, you’ll deny there’s a team called the Indianapolis Colts or a website named Colts.com. 

I guess this exchange isn’t even happening?!?

To a poster that was simply questioning if the offer reported we made, was actually what it is.

Way over the top, by any standards. We can chalk your response that I'm quoting now as that as well. Not to mention a day late, you have had plenty of post since mine. Why are you just now responding. Where is my response in the other thread where "you wanted to see how I responded"? 

burning bridges GIF

22 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'm so confused!!! lol

So, this dude isn't making, literally everything up as was the going thinking not long ago. 

The rumor mill, mills? Is that what mills do? What's a mill?

Who knows anymore?

He definitely doesn't seem to be just pulling things out of thin air.

Still not putting any stock in anything any of them say, that's all I know for sure.

There is going to be no perfect QB for the colts via trade market. They aren’t getting Watson. So they have to find the best they can find. Wentz with his history with Reich is probably that. Add that to he has actually done it.  We have the oline and run game where his issues won’t be hard to fix. 

If we dont givd something up to find a longer term QB then we are going to be stuck in mediocrity. Colts fans seem to want the perfect QB bur not have to pay to get him. We don’t really have assets to move up in the draft. 

Archived